Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- azido - 2009-07-25

andyblac Wrote:looks fine here Huh

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh.

what the heck. do i really need to clone another copy? or will this be the next "azido tested a hundred possibilities before andy finds the error and fixes it" thing? Rolleyes

does "dynamic cover flow" work for tv-series on your side? that's the next thing i've encountered not working anymore here.

beside some other things.. but too tired now to mention. lets see what the next day brings.

modified strings.xml further. still SOME labels/strings are in english and not part of the english strings.xml. for example "use legacy 'dark' multiplex" and "unlock all views for tv-shows". i wonder where they are. must be hard-coded into xmls i guess. same for stuff like "conditional weather backdrop".

alright, read ya.

- azido - 2009-07-25

ouch.. it's late.

- logictester - 2009-07-25

strings that are still misisng from the hebrew translation are:

current time - finish time
unlock all views for tv
use legacy dark multiplex

Andy, what about mpaa certs in tv episodes? <mpaa></mpaa> seems not to work

- logictester - 2009-07-25

Andy, would it be possible to incorporate CF2009's home customization into the skin?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=54990

as he said - it was developed with ShowMix (and other mods) in mind - and it is a real improvement for the home menu

- patkhoo - 2009-07-25

azido Wrote:ouch.. it's late.

Ha ha, buddy, take heart, the light is at the end of the tunnel Big Grin Andy will get it eventually, after all, he's not called God in this thread for nothing!! ha ha ha!

- azido - 2009-07-25

patkhoo Wrote:Ha ha, buddy, take heart, the light is at the end of the tunnel Big Grin Andy will get it eventually, after all, he's not called God in this thread for nothing!! ha ha ha!

yeah well, i've spent the whole day on this showmix thing, and all of a sudden it was 4:20 in the morning.

my wife almost killed me for sleeping until 01.30 p.m. today Laugh so i hope today all will be fine and i can enjoy life Rolleyes

- curtis-r - 2009-07-25

curtis-r Wrote:Is there any simple code hack for Flow view to get rid of the right & left arrow icons and add more movie thumbs?

It would also be great to know which code to change to swap the Genre on the floor with the movie Title. I do really like how you have runtime and year on the floor.

- andyblac - 2009-07-25

dancampbell1787 Wrote:Hey andy,

first off, AMAZING work!! I am in love with Aeon now, especially with the multiplex views. i cannot stress how thankful I am and at what an amazing job your doing keep it up.

now to my problem. i just downloaded the git package and there are no backgrounds showing up at all in the home section, it's just black, any clue as to why that would be? im pretty sure i checked out all the 'obvious' places. altough i could be mistaken as im not very keen on programming or anything of the sort.

that being said, i am somewhat of a noob to all of this and i am scouring these forums and many others for lots and lots of beginner material to read up on as far as using my version of XBMC (Plex since I'm on a mac) with Aeon (more specifically your build) and sometimes still left hanging. any help you could provide would be amazing, or if you could direct to where i can get more help that would be awesome too.

thanx for all your help.
the skin does not work with PLEX you need the latest XBMC. get it here ( i'm on a mac too)

- steve1977 - 2009-07-25

Searched the thread, but didnt find help, so will need to drop a message for help.

I finally managed to set up github. Still not a huge fan of it, but your MOD is worth dealing with it. Anyhow, since I pulled the latest version from github, my TV show posters dont show anymore. When I hit "I", the poster is there (as it was before), but it doesnt show anymore in "list view". Posters show in the other views, but for some reasons not in "list view", which is my prefered one.

Anyone has any thoughts?

- andyblac - 2009-07-25

curtis-r Wrote:It would also be great to know which code to change to swap the Genre on the floor with the movie Title. I do really like how you have runtime and year on the floor.

nope, it would be a MAJOR code change, flow is a BA***** to code as well Smile

- azido - 2009-07-25

further modification of german strings.xml for this mod.

it is now a 1:1 copy of the english strings.xml found in your language dir, so all of the strings that are defined in the english xml are now translated to german. note that most of the translations are no longer done word-by-word, instead focus was on user's ability to understand what a setting/switch does for him/her. if someone does not agree on this or finds a translation being irritating, let me know.

grab it here (yes, it's a new directory).

still nontranslated strings:

main xbmc language file (i'll try and see if they get translated from within the skin's language file)

- "sync playback to display"
- "a/v sync method" (and it's options)
- "maximum resample amount (%)"
- "resample quality" (and it's options)

mod-related nontranslated strings:

- "unlock all views for tv shows" (obsolete in this mod?)
- "use legacy 'dark' multiplex"
- "conditional weather backdrop"
- "animated weather icons"
- "latest additions"
- "movie genre icons on/off"
- "movie genre fanart image on/off"
- "movie genre fallback image on/off"
- "music genre icons on/off"
- "music genre fanart image on/off"

my guess is they are hardcoded inside the xmls in the 720p dir. does someone know a method/tool to scan for given strings in ANY file that's on a defined location? would be extremely helpful.

- Schenk2302 - 2009-07-25

Hi,

no, all of them are not hardcoded. most of them are in the customisation.xml and are just not translated. just look for <label> and you'll find them. the other ones are in another file but i just don't remember in which one.

Greetz

Schenk

ps: i think the other ones were in the language folder of xbmc and they were just not in the german.xml!!!

- azido - 2009-07-25

Schenk2302 Wrote:Hi,

no, all of them are not hardcoded. most of them are in the customisation.xml and are just not translated. just look for <label> and you'll find them. the other ones are in another file but i just don't remember in which one.

Greetz

Schenk

ps: i think the other ones were in the language folder of xbmc and they were just not in the german.xml!!!

good.. i'll check that file. tell me if you remember the other one Wink

edit: ah, as i thought about it, "the other ones" surely mean those strings that are not customized by this mod. i'll have to see if they are translated when i put them into the mod's strings.xml.

- Schenk2302 - 2009-07-25

the other ones are in the language file of xbmc. in the english strings there are these:

<string id="13500">A/V sync method</string>
<string id="13501">Audio clock</string>
<string id="13502">Video clock (Drop/Dupe audio)</string>
<string id="13503">Video clock (Resample audio)</string>
<string id="13504">Maximum resample amount (%)</string>
<string id="13505">Resample quality</string>
<string id="13506">Low</string>
<string id="13507">Medium</string>
<string id="13508">High</string>
<string id="13509">Really high</string>
<string id="13510">Sync playback to display</string>

in the german string.xml they're just not listed.

Cheers

Schenk

- SHen350 - 2009-07-25

steve1977 Wrote:Searched the thread, but didnt find help, so will need to drop a message for help.

I finally managed to set up github. Still not a huge fan of it, but your MOD is worth dealing with it. Anyhow, since I pulled the latest version from github, my TV show posters dont show anymore. When I hit "I", the poster is there (as it was before), but it doesnt show anymore in "list view". Posters show in the other views, but for some reasons not in "list view", which is my prefered one.

Anyone has any thoughts?

I have this same problem. I can rescan series individually then go in and reload a new thumb. It might stay or it might not. Sometimes it just sorta flashes up there and then disappears. Sorta like my computer giving me a big FU and laughing at me.Shocked