Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- soder - 2009-08-01

azido Wrote:i see you already made your conclusion Nod

Is it possible to edit my bugreport?

I've got some more screenshoots I would like to update to the one I've created. Bug 14
https://www.assembla.com/spaces/showmix/tickets/14-%5BBUG%5D

I believe it has something to do with titles with strange signs in it.

"
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<movie>
<title>The Russian Dolls (Les poupées russes)</title>
</movie>
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0409184
"
"
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<movie>
<title>Amelie from Montmartre (Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain)</title>
</movie>
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0211915
"

/Söder

- azido - 2009-08-01

soder Wrote:Is it possible to edit my bugreport?

I've got some more screenshoots I would like to update to the one I've created. Bug 14
https://www.assembla.com/spaces/showmix/tickets/14-%5BBUG%5D

/Söder

not that i know of, sorry. you might be right anyway. try for yourself: rename one of those movies (filename, i'd say) to use legal characters, add it to the library and see if that helps. on the other hand, if [UPPERCASE] is visible, chances are that just the [/UPPERCASE] closing tag is missing (or not read because of the illegal character in front of it).

- soder - 2009-08-01

azido Wrote:not that i know of, sorry. you might be right anyway. try for yourself: rename one of those movies (filename, i'd say) to use legal characters, add it to the library and see if that helps. on the other hand, if [UPPERCASE] is visible, chances are that just the [/UPPERCASE] closing tag is missing (or not read because of the illegal character in front of it).

I dont think it is the filename, cause one of the files are namned
Le.Fabuleux.Destin.d.Amelie.Poulain.2001.720p.BluRay.x264

The strange characters are in the .nfo

/Söder

- azido - 2009-08-01

soder Wrote:I dont think it is the filename, cause one of the files are namned
Le.Fabuleux.Destin.d.Amelie.Poulain.2001.720p.BluRay.x264

The strange characters are in the .nfo

/Söder

i was about to ask to make sure right this second.

try replacing that "é" with "e" and see if it works..

hmmm.. is that the view u're using?

if yes, there's no trouble here with that é character. just modified one of my nfos to test.

- soder - 2009-08-01

azido Wrote:i was about to ask to make sure right this second.

try replacing that "é" with "e" and see if it works..

hmmm.. is that the view u're using?

if yes, there's no trouble here with that é character. just modified one of my nfos to test.

Yes, that did it. Replaced é with e.

Is it a XBMC problem or a Aeon thing?

And a follow up: Now when I have sooo long titles, is it possible to have aeon to "scroll" the title?

EDIT: Hmm yes that was the view.

/Söder

- azido - 2009-08-01

soder Wrote:Yes, that did it. Replaced é with e.

Is it a XBMC problem or a Aeon thing?

And a follow up: Now when I have sooo long titles, is it possible to have aeon to "scroll" the title?

/Söder

/Söder

still don't know why your copy has trouble with that character. what region/charset settings do you use? mine are central europe and default.

for title: it should scroll by default. edit: ah, you mean title on bottom screen? that can be fixed, yes

- soder - 2009-08-01

azido Wrote:still don't know why your copy has trouble with that character. what region/charset settings do you use? mine are central europe and default.

for title: it should scroll by default. edit: ah, you mean title on bottom screen? that can be fixed, yes

Central Europe, English, default

Fonts: Aeon standard.

/Söder

- azido - 2009-08-01

soder Wrote:Central Europe, English, default

Fonts: Aeon standard.

/Söder

should work out of the box then. i remember you're using linux, right? if so, is your system set up to handle non-ascii characters at all? chances are it's not as linux is very strict on that.

for the scroll:

unless andy fixes that, you can do it for yourself:

1.open Viewtype_Showcase.xml
2. go to line 217 (it reads <font>Font_ShowcaseMainLabel</font>)
3. insert afterwards: <scroll>true</scroll>
4. save.
5. restart xbmc. long titles should scroll now.

- adriank99 - 2009-08-01

hey guys, i have a problem havent got a response in the general help and support so i though u guys might be able to help me :

Ok so for the last 3 months if ive wanted to import a movie from the video section to the movie section ive manually right clicked the movie and pressed "Movie Information" and then it shows up in "Movies" Is there a way to automatically scan all videos and transfer to movies? Ive tried to right click on video folder and "scan for new content" but it doesnt seem to work and it doesnt go into the movies..

Thanks in advance. Smile

- AmitMa - 2009-08-01

why i can's choose different optiont in layout ("flat" in tv show and "flow" in movies)?

trailers work for a few hours then stop - micky - 2009-08-01

i'm using ember media manager with aeon showmix 0.60, scraping most of my trailers from youtube, but have tried other sources and even downloaded the trailers to the local hd, the problem remains the same whichever i do.

Initially after scrape and library update they work fine, after a few hours the trailer refuses to work (pull down and othing happens) I have to do another update on the library to get them working again, its driving me insane

Anyone any idea ?

BTW: many thanks to all the guys who have put the time into xbmc/showmix/aeon its an amazing piece of software when u have it setup, however it might drive u mad getting it just right Big Grin

- azido - 2009-08-01

micky Wrote:i'm using ember media manager with aeon showmix 0.60,

what do you mean with 0.60 ? nevertheless, either if it's the EMM or the Showmix version, both would be really outdated.

please get a recent copy (Showmix's current version is 1.32, EMM's is r790) and try that before reporting any problems. same goes ofcourse for xbmc. chances are your issue is already fixed.

- soder - 2009-08-01

azido Wrote:should work out of the box then. i remember you're using linux, right? if so, is your system set up to handle non-ascii characters at all? chances are it's not as linux is very strict on that.

for the scroll:

unless andy fixes that, you can do it for yourself:

1.open Viewtype_Showcase.xml
2. go to line 217 (it reads <font>Font_ShowcaseMainLabel</font>)
3. insert afterwards: <scroll>true</scroll>
4. save.
5. restart xbmc. long titles should scroll now.

Yes I'm using Linux. Ubuntu Jaunty.

I will look it up.

I will also try that fix for the scroll of long titles. But you said it should be that way by default also? Isn't that after all?

/Söder

- logictester - 2009-08-01

adriank99 Wrote:hey guys, i have a problem havent got a response in the general help and support so i though u guys might be able to help me :

Ok so for the last 3 months if ive wanted to import a movie from the video section to the movie section ive manually right clicked the movie and pressed "Movie Information" and then it shows up in "Movies" Is there a way to automatically scan all videos and transfer to movies? Ive tried to right click on video folder and "scan for new content" but it doesnt seem to work and it doesnt go into the movies..

Thanks in advance. Smile

you need to set content on your video source, just go to files -> right click the source -> select "set content", there choose movies and all the relevant options, then save and run update library
in general - you should use the wiki - xbmc has an awsome online manual where you can find 95% of the answers you are looking for

Germans might be interested in this.. - azido - 2009-08-01

hey there,

what really bugged me since the first day i use this excellent mod, was the visibility of the german rating symbols. not only that the used ones are outdated since we have new logos in germany, but it is really hard to notice any difference in their appearance onscreen.

this is what you have seen before:

and for the info screen:

now, can you tell me what this movie is rated, especially when sitting 10 feet away from your tv? i hardly can.

so this is why i replaced those logos with actual, coloured ones, which surprisingly look damned good when using in this mod.

see for yourself..

after:

and on the info screen (a little bit dark i think, but still noticable - andy, would remove of color diffuse make it brighter?):

so, in my opinion this really improves the visibility of the rating, as with colored versions of the flags you even notice the rating by it's typical color.

note that they are only displayed fine when using the dark floor, though (which i guess most of you might use anyway).

so, if you like to have the same flags on your copy of showmix, get them here - just extract the content to your showmix skin dir, allow overwriting and you're done. enjoy! Wink