Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Norwegian NRK Web-TV (Video) Plugin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Norwegian NRK Web-TV (Video) Plugin (/showthread.php?tid=52824)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

RE: [RELEASE] Norwegian NRK Web-TV (Video) Plugin - takoi - 2014-11-27

(2014-11-26, 19:52)Norbert Wrote: OK, progress. I tried updating from master.zip, but nothing changed. Still got the error.
I then uninstalled the add-on and reinstalled from master.zip. Then it worked - hooray.Big Grin Thanks.
I just forgot to version bump. It won't install correctly if you don't Angel

RE: [RELEASE] Norwegian NRK Web-TV (Video) Plugin - denisb - 2014-12-30

Firstly, thanks a lot for all your great work on this plugin, it has provided me and my family with a great way to access the NRK content for many years.

Now, as OpenELEC is releasing their major version bump, switching to Kodi, I was just wondering if this plugin is compatible with the current OpenELEC/Kodi release?

NM, I downloaded the OSX build of Kodi, and the plugin seems to work fine there :-)

RE: [RELEASE] Norwegian NRK Web-TV (Video) Plugin - oscillators - 2014-12-30

I have the latest version of Kodi (as it's now called) on my Mac Pro and the plugin doesn't work at all for NRK 1, 2 or 3 but everything else is fine. I also have a VPN which gives me a Norwegian IP address. I have the latest stable version of XBMC before Kodi on my Raspberry Pi with OpenELEC and it's not working over there either. With the VPN enabled I can go to NRK's website and stream all channels seamlessly in blistering HD. Is this a Flash issue or is there another fix / work around out there for me to try?

RE: [RELEASE] Norwegian NRK Web-TV (Video) Plugin - isitmeor - 2014-12-30

(2014-12-30, 15:18)oscillators Wrote: I have the latest version of Kodi (as it's now called) on my Mac Pro and the plugin doesn't work at all for NRK 1, 2 or 3 but everything else is fine. I also have a VPN which gives me a Norwegian IP address. I have the latest stable version of XBMC before Kodi on my Raspberry Pi with OpenELEC and it's not working over there either. With the VPN enabled I can go to NRK's website and stream all channels seamlessly in blistering HD. Is this a Flash issue or is there another fix / work around out there for me to try?

Just tested it on Openelec 5.0 (kodi) and all works fine for me
btw no Rapsp pi or MAc

(2014-12-30, 15:36)isitmeor Wrote:
(2014-12-30, 15:18)oscillators Wrote: I have the latest version of Kodi (as it's now called) on my Mac Pro and the plugin doesn't work at all for NRK 1, 2 or 3 but everything else is fine. I also have a VPN which gives me a Norwegian IP address. I have the latest stable version of XBMC before Kodi on my Raspberry Pi with OpenELEC and it's not working over there either. With the VPN enabled I can go to NRK's website and stream all channels seamlessly in blistering HD. Is this a Flash issue or is there another fix / work around out there for me to try?

btw no Rapsp pi or MAc

When you say you've tested it on OpenELEC do you mean you have it running in a Virtual Machine under Windows or do you have a dedicated media hub connected to your TV that uses OpenELEC as a PVR? What is your set-up? Is this a known issue which only affects Kodi and / or XBMC on both Mac OS X and Raspberry Pi or is it a new bug which the developer might need to fix? Can I work around this myself or do I have to wait for an update?

(2014-12-30, 15:51)oscillators Wrote:
(2014-12-30, 15:36)isitmeor Wrote:

btw no Rapsp pi or MAc

When you say you've tested it on OpenELEC do you mean you have it running in a Virtual Machine under Windows or do you have a dedicated media hub connected to your TV that uses OpenELEC as a PVR? What is your set-up? Is this a known issue which only affects Kodi and / or XBMC on both Mac OS X and Raspberry Pi or is it a new bug which the developer might need to fix? Can I work around this myself or do I have to wait for an update?
Openelec on a virtual machine?? no on a working machine

(2014-12-30, 15:56)isitmeor Wrote:
(2014-12-30, 15:51)oscillators Wrote:
(2014-12-30, 15:36)isitmeor Wrote: Just tested it on Openelec 5.0 (kodi) and all works fine for me
btw no Rapsp pi or MAc

Yes. What kind of machine? A box plugged into your TV or a PC running Linux?

(2014-12-30, 15:58)oscillators Wrote:
(2014-12-30, 15:56)isitmeor Wrote:
(2014-12-30, 15:51)oscillators Wrote: When you say you've tested it on OpenELEC do you mean you have it running in a Virtual Machine under Windows or do you have a dedicated media hub connected to your TV that uses OpenELEC as a PVR? What is your set-up? Is this a known issue which only affects Kodi and / or XBMC on both Mac OS X and Raspberry Pi or is it a new bug which the developer might need to fix? Can I work around this myself or do I have to wait for an update?

Yes. What kind of machine? A box plugged into your TV or a PC running Linux?

wtf? OpenElec http://openelec.tv/

Could someone who knows what I'm asking about please take a look at this. Some people seem to have no issues.

Just to recap, I have XBMC (last stable version before name change to KODI) running on OpenELEC for Raspberry Pi and I also have Kodi running on two different Apple Mac OS X machines. The plugin doesn't work for NRK 1, 2 or 3 live TV channels even though I have a VPN which gives me a Norwegian IP address. Some of the live radio and catch-up on-demand video do however work without a problem.

Should I perhaps try downgrading to an older version of the plugin?

(2014-12-30, 16:10)oscillators Wrote: Could someone who knows what I'm asking about please take a look at this. Some people seem to have no issues.

Just to recap, I have XBMC (last stable version before name change to KODI) running on OpenELEC for Raspberry Pi and I also have Kodi running on two different Apple Mac OS X machines. The plugin doesn't work for NRK 1, 2 or 3 live TV channels even though I have a VPN which gives me a Norwegian IP address. Some of the live radio and catch-up on-demand video does however work.

what about reading your logfile en check for errors

RE: [RELEASE] Norwegian NRK Web-TV (Video) Plugin - takoi - 2014-12-30

(2014-12-30, 16:10)oscillators Wrote: Could someone who knows what I'm asking about please take a look at this. Some people seem to have no issues.

Just to recap, I have XBMC (last stable version before name change to KODI) running on OpenELEC for Raspberry Pi and I also have Kodi running on two different Apple Mac OS X machines. The plugin doesn't work for NRK 1, 2 or 3 live TV channels even though I have a VPN which gives me a Norwegian IP address. Some of the live radio and catch-up on-demand video do however work without a problem.

If only some on-demand videos works it sounds more like a vpn issue as some videos are geo-blocked, and some are not.

Nothing in the log file on the Mac relating to NRK and the latest Error entry in the log for the Raspberry Pi relates to a different plugin which I've since fixed.

(2014-12-30, 16:20)takoi Wrote:

If only some on-demand videos works it sounds more like a vpn issue as some videos are geo-blocked, and some are not.

The NRK website streams live NRK 1, 2 and 3 no problem with the VPN enabled. I'm getting a quick and reliable Norwegian IP address from my VPN provider no problem. It's the plugin on both OS X and Raspberry Pi which isn't streaming live TV. I've also configured OpenELEC to work with the VPN and it too is fetching a valid and stable Norwegian IP address.

On my OSX installed Kodi with the latest NRK plugin, neither NRK1, NRK2 or NRK3 direct stream work. The radio channel direct streams work fine.
I am in Norway on a norwegian ISP, so that doesn't matter.

On my OpenELEC 4.2.1 (last official release before 5.0) the direct streams work fine. Both run 4.4.20 version of this plugin.

RE: [RELEASE] Norwegian NRK Web-TV (Video) Plugin - takoi - 2015-01-03

(2014-12-30, 16:21)oscillators Wrote: The NRK website streams live NRK 1, 2 and 3 no problem with the VPN enabled. I'm getting a quick and reliable Norwegian IP address from my VPN provider no problem. It's the plugin on both OS X and Raspberry Pi which isn't streaming live TV. I've also configured OpenELEC to work with the VPN and it too is fetching a valid and stable Norwegian IP address.
Live streams not working on OS X: this is expected. It should even show a popup... For Helix and older, only Linux and Windows support it. OpenELEC should work (I use it too). Perhaps it's miss-configured?

For OS X, try nightly build if you can. TLS/SSL support (which is what you need to watch the live streams) was added 3 days ago for osx/ios and will hopefully be in Kodi 15.

And for anyone else using android: Builds with TLS support here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=209569&page=3