Kodi Community Forum
XBMC verses Meedio / MeediOS - what is the XBMC attraction that makes it so popular? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Kodi related discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: XBMC verses Meedio / MeediOS - what is the XBMC attraction that makes it so popular? (/showthread.php?tid=52883)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: XBMC verses MeediOS - what is the XBMC attraction that makes it so popular? - mcborzu - 2013-03-11

(2013-03-11, 18:33)zag Wrote: Hey guys,

I finally retired the MeediOS website today after over 10 years running it. Its really sad to see it go but maybe others will take it up.

Anyway, I know a load of refugees are over here now Wink I'm an XBMC user and official Team member now so will endeavour to help build any good features back into XBMC. We already have Library Nodes and a Add-on front end website like openMAID is in development.

Is there anything else people miss?

Never used Meedios(just looked crazy confusing to install) but actually always checked the site as a skinner to get some inspiration. Some of the skins had some nice views/mockups...

RE: XBMC verses MeediOS - what is the XBMC attraction that makes it so popular? - skypichat - 2013-03-11

(2013-03-11, 18:33)zag Wrote: Hey guys,

I finally retired the MeediOS website today after over 10 years running it. Its really sad to see it go but maybe others will take it up.

Anyway, I know a load of refugees are over here now Wink I'm an XBMC user and official Team member now so will endeavour to help build any good features back into XBMC. We already have Library Nodes and a Add-on front end website like openMAID is in development.

I am very sad. I am very sick. I seem to have lost something of myself.
@ Zag:
Tell me you resend the same pain.

RE: XBMC verses MeediOS - what is the XBMC attraction that makes it so popular? - steve1977 - 2013-03-12

(2013-03-11, 18:33)zag Wrote: We already have Library Nodes and a Add-on front end website like openMAID is in development.

Welcome to XBMC! While I don't know Meedio, it sounds like the XBMC community has won an active developer.

One Q about the library nodes - I really like this feature, but would love to see it being usable through the UI without the need to mess around with manual edits of files. Any chance?

RE: XBMC vs MeediOS - what is the XBMC attraction that makes it so popular? - ccrocker - 2013-03-12

(2013-03-11, 19:22)sialivi Wrote: I haven't used MeediOS for years, but I must say that when I saw it was getting a MadVR add-on, it did spark my interest.

Yeah... I finished the madVR Videoplayer just in the nick of time huh? Oh well. I'll put the final code in the sourceforge SVN in case its useful to anyone. I've deleted MeediOS from one machine and have been playing with XBMC this past weekend. I definately have some setup questions which I promise to bug Zag about after I search the forums. Having written most of the MeediOS plugins, I have to say there is some relief in not needing to support all of them. Just need to figure out how to port my DiscId plugin to XBMC, but that is later down the road. Have to figure out the addin code first, but looking forward to the challenge.

question for zag... - blubberhoofd - 2013-03-12

@zag

did you help skypichat with getting the MeediOS forums up on his hosting account, or is it a work in progressHuhHuh

RE: question for zag... - skypichat - 2013-03-13

(2013-03-12, 22:13)blubberhoofd Wrote: @zag

did you help skypichat with getting the MeediOS forums up on his hosting account, or is it a work in progressHuhHuh
I'm in discuss with binary64 to change the DNS of the domain