Kodi Community Forum
"cdArt" concept - current cdImage with artist fanart support in music visualizations - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Meta-Data provider and Artwork Packs (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+--- Thread: "cdArt" concept - current cdImage with artist fanart support in music visualizations (/showthread.php?tid=53242)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

- Ram2000 - 2009-07-17

reaven Wrote:completely different controls, unless you change the cdArt control too.
you have to match the artists/band name-album name.png exactly as XBMC shows when you play the album (thats the best way to make a perfect match)

* I am changing the code so the fanart and the cdArt can be load from the actual music folder, mine its already working that way at least the fanart BUT
-you loose fanart slideshow (just one fanart per album or per artist)
-if you are like me all my tracks have perfect tags but the folder names, many of them at album level dont have the exact name of the album that can cause a paint in the @$$ editing a large music collection.

but I will be releasing the code soon. am working on other projects at the same time.

I haven't changed anything else apart from what you suggested. However if your working on the code for it to load from the Music folder i will just wait for that.
I wonder if its anything to do with my file structure EI

Music/My Albums/Meatloaf/Bat Out Of Hell/01 Bat Out of Hell.mp3

with the Cd named Meatloaf-Bat Out Of Hell.png in the cd folder I have tried this with a few now but cant get any to spin up.

thanks yet again ill wait for the updated code.

- reaven - 2009-07-17

is not the name of the artist/band and album on the file structure is the name that XBMC report that maybe both are the same.

the cd folder goes in Aeon Auriga/media/backdrops/artist_fanart/cd/

- joebrady - 2009-07-17

Ram2000 Wrote:I haven't changed anything else apart from what you suggested. However if your working on the code for it to load from the Music folder i will just wait for that.
I wonder if its anything to do with my file structure EI

Music/My Albums/Meatloaf/Bat Out Of Hell/01 Bat Out of Hell.mp3

with the Cd named Meatloaf-Bat Out Of Hell.png in the cd folder I have tried this with a few now but cant get any to spin up.

thanks yet again ill wait for the updated code.

Are you seeing the cd image you created? If it's just not spinning, you probably need to update your version of XBMC. (see first post)

edit: nevermind, I was thinking of the fallback image that neede a newer version.

- Ram2000 - 2009-07-17

the default CD is spinning fine and starnge thing is I did get this to work for a few before i had my random backdrop idea...

- reaven - 2009-07-17

why you dont download the MOD again to see if was something you mess when edit the .xml.

- Ram2000 - 2009-07-17

It seems to be something to do with the naming got a few working ok now I tried going back to the fnaart method.
however I have for instance a folder named Meatloaf it has about 10 albums in there but the fanart only shows up for the first one.
I know this wont be an issue if you do the code to work from the album folder, just a thought of my own
If you do that code it would mean that you dont need to copy the fanart/cd folder to each different skin.
more cds coming tonight.

- reaven - 2009-07-17

Ram2000 Wrote:It seems to be something to do with the naming got a few working ok now I tried going back to the fnaart method.
however I have for instance a folder named Meatloaf it has about 10 albums in there but the fanart only shows up for the first one.
I know this wont be an issue if you do the code to work from the album folder, just a thought of my own
If you do that code it would mean that you dont need to copy the fanart/cd folder to each different skin.
more cds coming tonight.

if you read a few posts back I said the cons of that method you will only get one fanart the multiimage control can't be use this is if your music is in a remote share, if your music is local where XBMC is then you will have no problem.

- reaven - 2009-07-17

gallery updated !

Thanks Joebrady, I have to tags all your album as [Pink Floyd Collection (Joebrady)] because none of them include the artist just the year and album name.

I have to make a pack later on, so it can be download.

- joebrady - 2009-07-17

I'll make sure to add the Artist-Album in the filename for anymore I do. I've got quite a few raw images ready for editing.Wink

Also, looks like I duplicated the one you already had for Dark Side of the Moon...oops.

- reaven - 2009-07-17

yeak I know doesnt matter i delete mine!

- Ram2000 - 2009-07-17

need some kinda of search to help stop duplicates maybe.
I understand the cons but I think the pros far out way the cons on this one, Esp for me as all my music is local to my XBMC media center.

Genesis-1991 We Can't Dance

Top Gear - sub zero driving anthems cd1

Top Gear - sub zero driving anthems cd2

UB40 - The Platinum Collection 3CD 2003 Cd1

UB40 - The Platinum Collection 3CD 2003 Cd2

UB40 - The Platinum Collection 3CD 2003 Cd3

on http://www.xbmcstuff.com/

Just a thought but maybe a high graphics warning on the first post Or even remove the pictures from the post once added ?

- reaven - 2009-07-17

gallery updated !

remember that's just a picture hosting site, I wont be adding any search function because its impossible and tag each one it would be a pain !!

just browse the gallery, its easier to use the RSS view directly at least in Firefox

like this

the page contains all cdart in one page.
you can easily view the filename and the art and download if you want

- joebrady - 2009-07-17

What we really need is to be able to put these on a site that XBMC can scrape...

- reaven - 2009-07-17

there isn't any site to scrape music from, at least open source that you can upload content that I'm aware of.

and for something like that to happen this have to be ported to other skins so more people get interested !

- joebrady - 2009-07-17

http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=1425739

An image I've just added to Discogs, which is already a scraper in XBMC. So we have a site to add them to (I had to take my 500X500 down to 400X400 to upload), and we already have a scraper. We just need someone who is good w/ scrapers to edit it to find these images.Nod