Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=53640)

- billyad2000 - 2010-01-20

terminalx Wrote:Is there any possibiliy to add foreign scrapers eg this one:

http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=28297&page=10

At the moment it would probably be easier to create my own scraper for MovieMeter.nl, this would make it much easier when scraping from multiple sources

It appears to have a decent API, although the wiki is a little hard to follow. The best way to go about it would be via the imdb ID.

It is my intention to add support for XBMC scrapers at some point, but i'm a bit bogged down at the moment, if anyone wants to create a library for this that can take an IMDB ID and return the movie details using the API, then i'll happily incorporate it into MC.

- Queen1980 - 2010-01-24

Hi,
I use regulary media companion but this evening I try a lot of times to scrape my media but it fails, it always report "There seems to be a problem with the TVDB website" when I chose the TVShows selector and when I use the Search for new episodes the log show "Could not locate this episode on TVDB, or TVDB may be unavailable".

What's going wrong? If I go to TVDB website it works good! Thank for the help and sorry for bad english.

- steelman1991 - 2010-01-24

You might just have been lucky - the tvdb has been down since around midnight Sad

- rudeboyx - 2010-01-24

website works but scraper does not. may be an API change or temp API downtime.

- Dougie085 - 2010-01-25

Hmm isn't there a way to scan all items? I'm trying to add my TV Show database but scraping each show one by one is a bit annoying. Also for some reason one of my shows it's not finding any info for. The others it works just fine and they use the same naming and folder scheme.

- vbat99 - 2010-01-25

Dougie085 Wrote:Hmm isn't there a way to scan all items? I'm trying to add my TV Show database but scraping each show one by one is a bit annoying. Also for some reason one of my shows it's not finding any info for. The others it works just fine and they use the same naming and folder scheme.

When in TV Show side of MC, there is a button along the heading called, 'Search For New Episodes'. This will scrape all shows in all selected folders.

Multiple episodes in 1 file ISO - guyf - 2010-01-25

Hi There,

I ripped a lot of DVD's which I stored like this...
24 S02E01-E02-E03-E04.iso
Why aren't they seen by Media Companion?
Why can't we tell manually that this file contains these episodes..
If scrapers works on dummy files, the the extension shouldn't matter or am I wrong?

Can somebody help me wit this oneHuh
Kind regards
Guyf

- harry3001 - 2010-01-26

vbat99 Wrote:When in TV Show side of MC, there is a button along the heading called, 'Search For New Episodes'. This will scrape all shows in all selected folders.

same issue fir me - am having to use tv show selector manually on each show, then right click scan to get it to read the individual eps. scan for new eos does nothing!
its also refusing to find episodes of bsg and two and a half men?!

- Kilack - 2010-01-26

I added another season to an existing tv series that was already stored in mediacompanion, it scanned in the episodes perfectly but it not store a folder.jpg in the new season directory so of course xbmc doesnt display it..

any chance you can take a look at that? Smile

Any ideas when you might be putting out a new version ?

- vbat99 - 2010-01-26

Kilack Wrote:I added another season to an existing tv series that was already stored in mediacompanion, it scanned in the episodes perfectly but it not store a folder.jpg in the new season directory so of course xbmc doesnt display it..

Easiest way around this is to hit the 'TV Show Selector' Button and rescrape that tv show.

This will get all the season images. As for putting the folder.jpg into the new season. I don't believe that MC does this. Easiest is to put XBMC into library mode, and it gets the image from the TV Shows root folder.

Hope this is of help.

Rob

- vbat99 - 2010-01-26

harry3001 Wrote:same issue fir me - am having to use tv show selector manually on each show, then right click scan to get it to read the individual eps. scan for new eos does nothing!
its also refusing to find episodes of bsg and two and a half men?!

TheTVDB.com has been having issues with their API. I have been able to scrape for StarTrek Next Gen ok, but Stargate won't. Then just yesterday I got all my Stargate nfo's and tbn's, but today it won't again.

This is a TVDB issue that HOPEFULLY will be resolved soon and become stable.

Rob

- harry3001 - 2010-01-27

vbat99 Wrote:TheTVDB.com has been having issues with their API. I have been able to scrape for StarTrek Next Gen ok, but Stargate won't. Then just yesterday I got all my Stargate nfo's and tbn's, but today it won't again.

This is a TVDB issue that HOPEFULLY will be resolved soon and become stable.

Rob

Is there anyway to see what mc is doing when it's scraping (something like xbmc's debug log? The files mc isn't scanning get picked up in a scrape within xbmc ok...

Also, billy: can you add episodeguideurl go the tvshow nfo? Means I can drop new episodes into a folder and xbmc will still scan them to library even though there's no nfo.

- billyad2000 - 2010-01-27

harry3001 Wrote:Also, billy: can you add episodeguideurl go the tvshow nfo? Means I can drop new episodes into a folder and xbmc will still scan them to library even though there's no nfo.

The episodeguideurl is added to tvshow.nfo files.

ie.
<episodeguideurl>http://thetvdb.com/api/(APIKEY)/series/75682/all/en.zip</episodeguideurl>

- billyad2000 - 2010-01-27

Kilack Wrote:I added another season to an existing tv series that was already stored in mediacompanion, it scanned in the episodes perfectly but it not store a folder.jpg in the new season directory so of course xbmc doesnt display it..

The next build of MC will check for a season poster when an episode is added, if no such poster exists this will attempt to get one, this will be beneficial for users with ongoing shows that are not complete when added.

As for adding a folder.jpg file to season folders, I have not added this because it didn't seem neccesary, when using library mode the season poster will be displayed, and there is no certainty that everyone has their shows organised in that manner. Neither MC or XBMC care how your episodes are organised.

I will consider adding this as an option.

- yzeyze - 2010-01-27

billyad2000 Wrote:...

I will consider adding this as an option.

I for one would like that option.
I never could quite get to like library mode and have always used it in folder mode.
Old habits and all I guess, just like to know where I am in the folder world.
oh, and thanks again for a fantastic program that gets used very often.