Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=53640)

- ingeon - 2010-04-03

DaGnome Wrote:I would assume that I should only need to drop the new episode in the proper folder, named appropriately, and then click the "Scan For new Episodes" button.

In my v3.251 there are two scan for new episode buttons.
The top one below the TV show menu item does nothing BUT the one in the "TV Shows" 'Main Browser' row works.

- Geeba - 2010-04-08

I originally scanned my library with an earlier version of Gen2 and have since upgraded to the latest release... but a separate folder I have scraped with the latest version has the movie info icons... codec, studio, audio etc - but when I scan my old library with the latest version I dont get the studio icons?

Anyway I can get this to work/update without rebuilding my whole library?

- billyad2000 - 2010-04-08

Geeba Wrote:I originally scanned my library with an earlier version of Gen2 and have since upgraded to the latest release... but a separate folder I have scraped with the latest version has the movie info icons... codec, studio, audio etc - but when I scan my old library with the latest version I dont get the studio icons?

Anyway I can get this to work/update without rebuilding my whole library?

As long as your not using 'movie.nfo' for your nfo files, go to the movie dropdown menu and select 'Batch Rescrape Wizard' and select 'Rescrape Media Tags' and click 'Start Update'

All your nfo's should be written with media tags.

- Grubsy - 2010-04-11

First time user. I scrapped one of my movie folders. All worked great, program was easy to use / update movies that weren't quite right etc...

Now I had added this folder as a source in XBMC, but not scanned it. I figured I would scan it with MC and then when I select scan for new content in XBMC it would scan though really fast and be done. This wasn't the case, it started to scan slowly like it normally does starting from the first movie in the folder. I'm assuming it wasn't using any of the content MC had already downloaded.

Have I done something wrong here? I believe all the files are correct i.e.

The Dark Knight (2008)\The.Dark.Knight.2008.mkv
The Dark Knight (2008)\The.Dark.Knight.2008.nfo
The Dark Knight (2008)\The.Dark.Knight.2008.tbn
The Dark Knight (2008)\The.Dark.Knight.2008-fanart.jpg
The Dark Knight (2008)\folder.jpg

When I browsed the source in non library mode i could see the folder.jpg's were being used.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

- StormyKnight - 2010-04-11

G'day Grubsy,

Are you using a recent version of XBMC? I'm using r25497 9 dec 2009.

It's just that the older versions had an issue with the speed they processed the nfo's.

As a check to confirm the information is coming from the nfo's, just edit a plot for example in MC of a show by adding an X to the front of the text. Save the plot info in MC & then perform a refresh on the movie.

(Select Movie, hit Title on remote to bring up context menu, Movie Information, Refresh)

The new modified plot should appear.

I find now that the updates a really quite fast.

Cheers

- Grubsy - 2010-04-11

Thanks StormyKnight. It seemed to me that it was downloading the info from themoviedb.org (what I had set as the scraper in the content type for the source)

I am just using the official 9.11 release. I will try the test you suggested and see what happens.

- Grubsy - 2010-04-11

StormyKnight Wrote:Are you using a recent version of XBMC? I'm using r25497 9 dec 2009.

It's just that the older versions had an issue with the speed they processed the nfo's.

Ok. I've done a few tests and it looks to be what you suggested. It's just taking a long time to process the nfo's.

- Grubsy - 2010-04-13

I've updated to one of the latest builds using XBMC Update. I still find it slower than I would have expected. Some movies where say 5-10 seconds, others still took say 20 seconds, maybe more...

BTW is it possible to stop MC putting ', The' at the end of the title? I'd prefer it at the start & I can't seem to find the option.

Problem importing fanart - Doggeh - 2010-04-14

I've sorted all my films out in Media Companion (its excellent btw Smile) and its happily created all the .nfo / .tbn / -fanart.jpg files.

I've pointed xbmc at the folder and scanned for new content. It picks up all the data in the .nfo files but doesn't import any of the -fanart.jpg files!

I've tried importing the library but xbmc won't let me browse to the folder with the films in...

Can anyone help?

I'm using xbmc v9.11 if that's relevant.

Cheers,
Doggeh

- billyad2000 - 2010-04-14

Doggeh Wrote:I've sorted all my films out in Media Companion (its excellent btw Smile) and its happily created all the .nfo / .tbn / -fanart.jpg files.

I've pointed xbmc at the folder and scanned for new content. It picks up all the data in the .nfo files but doesn't import any of the -fanart.jpg files!

I've tried importing the library but xbmc won't let me browse to the folder with the films in...

Can anyone help?

Cheers,
Doggeh

This should be automatic, as long as an appropriately named fanart is available.

The best naming convention is
movietitle.avi
movietitle.tbn
movietitle-fanart.jpg

Have you tried different skins, some display fanart better than others. I don't know if it's the case in builds now, but you used to have to enable fanart.

I can't remember tbh, The skin I use is transparency, and it works a treat.

Also, if you goto the movie info page in XBMC and select fanart, is the fanart visible.

- Doggeh - 2010-04-14

billyad2000,

All the fanart has downloaded fine and has the correct naming convention of movie-fanart.jpg

It all displays correctly in Media Companion.

The problem is that it doesn't show up in xbmc. Its not a skin issue as I've tried many different ones including the defaults.

The one thing I do notice is that there is no <fanart> section in the .nfo file's xml.

Cheers for getting back to me so quickly,

Doggeh

- billyad2000 - 2010-04-15

Doggeh Wrote:billyad2000,

All the fanart has downloaded fine and has the correct naming convention of movie-fanart.jpg

It all displays correctly in Media Companion.

The problem is that it doesn't show up in xbmc. Its not a skin issue as I've tried many different ones including the defaults.

The one thing I do notice is that there is no <fanart> section in the .nfo file's xml.

Cheers for getting back to me so quickly,

Doggeh

The <fanart> tag can be used to provide an internet url of a fanart, but is not needed if a local 'moviefilename-fanart.jpg' is available (local overrides url if local is available).

As far as Media Companion goes, you have done everything correctly, you may have better luck getting some XBMC specific help as to why the fanart is not displaying for you.

This forum has many knowledgable people here that will be willing to help, you could start by making a post here: http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=111

- twojenkins - 2010-04-15

Doggeh Wrote:I've sorted all my films out in Media Companion (its excellent btw Smile) and its happily created all the .nfo / .tbn / -fanart.jpg files.

Can anyone help?

Cheers,
Doggeh

This may be a dumb question, but have you set the content of the folder and enabled library mode? If you have and it still doesn't work, then I am no help, sorry.

- Doggeh - 2010-04-15

billyadd2000 - Thanks for the help. It does seem to be an xbmc issue rather than a Media Companion one Sad

twojenkins - yes i've enabled library mode and set the content to movies.

Cheers guys, excellent community on here Smile

Doggeh

- Grubsy - 2010-04-16

I've just noticed Media Companion isn't picking up a few I my .mkv files. After a little investigation I found that the 7 in question have either DVD5 or DVD9 in the filename. I found an old post mentioning this, but I didn't see how to fix it.

Also is it possible for MC to leave the word 'The' at the start of the movie name rather than moving it to the end after a comma?

Thanks