Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=53640)

Functionally Useless - trilidar - 2011-09-17

This software is so broken it's basically useless.

No matter which version I get: under Win 7 x64 it crashes CONSTANTLY.

The sad part is I can't seem to find anything better. If someone else knows of anything better for creating XBMC NFO files: please let me know.

Much thanks.
tril

- Elendar - 2011-09-17

Use ember media manager
emmr-v2420-x86-jco-v3.7z
found here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=90682&page=159
This version works great, even on win7 x64

- Hjord - 2011-09-17

I got mine working just fine on Win7 x64.

imo Ember isn't better. The way it handles movie sets is just terrible.

- Elendar - 2011-09-17

He ask for something that don't crash and create XBMC .nfo, this version of EMM works out of the box, even for other languages than english

- eriksmith200 - 2011-09-17

Elendar Wrote:He ask for something that don't crash and create XBMC .nfo, this version of EMM works out of the box, even for other languages than english

from the EMM thread:
Quote:Is there anyone working on EMM or EMM-R right now?

As of 23/08/2011, there is no active owner/developer/maintainer

from the sourceforge page:
Quote:Last Update
2011-03-27

EMM might work now, but in a few months it will probably no longer work

Let's keep the discussions in this topic on mediacompanion

- Livin - 2011-09-17

eriksmith200 Wrote:from the EMM thread:

from the sourceforge page:

EMM might work now, but in a few months it will probably no longer work

Let's keep the discussions in this topic on mediacompanion

emm-r has had updates to scrapers as needed... the original even works with 2 yr old scrapers!

For the additional 1-2% of things MC does that EMMR does not (when MC does not crash - which it does all the time)... EMM-r is better for 99% of features.

btw... a new coder just posted a new build today fixing many small bug -- there really are not any large bugs it seems Smile

- hearingat - 2011-09-18

trilidar Wrote:This software is so broken it's basically useless.

No matter which version I get: under Win 7 x64 it crashes CONSTANTLY.

The sad part is I can't seem to find anything better. If someone else knows of anything better for creating XBMC NFO files: please let me know.

Much thanks.
tril

Can you file bugs at http://mediacompanion.codeplex.com/ . Alternatively if you do not want to register there post it here or PM me .

thanks

- hearingat - 2011-09-18

Death-Axe Wrote:Ok, so I went from the last stable build to the latest build due to getting scraper errors on imdb, and no plot etc. That is fixed now...

BUT the stupid error in TV shows is still there! for lord knows how many versions now. If you delete a show on your HD and hit rebuild, the whole app errors and freezes.

So if you want to delete anything, you have to go to folders, remove them all, then re add them all. Isn't rebuild for when something is deleted or changed.

Come on guys fix this damn bug already! you seem to be falling into the trap of adding new features instead of fixing things.

I have pushed a temporary fix for the issue and should be available in the next release. It is a bit ugly and will show a message box when a folder is missing. A better fix would be to give an option to the user to remove the folder from preferences. It will be pushed when I understand the program better Wink

- GuruKast - 2011-09-18

Hjord Wrote:I got mine working just fine on Win7 x64.

imo Ember isn't better. The way it handles movie sets is just terrible.

Ember file list is better tho, with the quick sort colums

- GuruKast - 2011-09-18

Okay - so, couldn't MC be modified to load the first .nfo it finds and write both "moviename.nfo" and "movie.nfo" if a user desired if its in "use folder names" mode?? I mean, other media manager do it fine, example emm. I really don't see why its reading both and creating duplicates.

- bobrap - 2011-09-24

Are weeklies a thing of the past? Kinda miss 'em.

- hearingat - 2011-09-27

bobrap Wrote:Are weeklies a thing of the past? Kinda miss 'em.

There was a unstable release this week. You can try if you want. Alternatively you can grab the latest source from today where I pushed some fixes for problems I introduced Big Grin

- bobrap - 2011-09-27

hearingat Wrote:There was a unstable release this week. You can try if you want. Alternatively you can grab the latest source from today where I pushed some fixes for problems I introduced Big Grin

I saw that, great. Is there a tutorial on getting and running from source? I don't program, so, hand holding is a necessityLaugh

Also, is there a setting somewhere to turn of tbn files and just use folder.jpg? Thanks

- hearingat - 2011-09-28

bobrap Wrote:I saw that, great. Is there a tutorial on getting and running from source? I don't program, so, hand holding is a necessityLaugh

There is none to my knowledge on the MC site. But you can download source form here

http://mediacompanion.codeplex.com/SourceControl/list/changesets (on the right you will see a download link).

Then use VB.NET express or Sharpdevelop to compile the project.

I will try to see if we can push a new release this weekend

Quote:Also, is there a setting somewhere to turn of tbn files and just use folder.jpg? Thanks

I am new to this project and have never used it. I will investigate this and get back to you.

- sonnydye - 2011-09-29

Unfortunately, due to a few of the issues remaining, I have had to find an alternative program to manage my media.

Really hope the issues get sorted soon, just love the interface of Media Companion