Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=53640)

- Death-Axe - 2011-11-29

I deleted all my nfo files, and used an older version (3.4.0.8) to re scrape shows. Then I tried the newest weekly (3.424b). added folders, ad shows from root, hit save and it borked:
Quote:System.Xml.XmlException: The 'br' start tag on line 98 position 241 does not match the end tag of 'Overview'. Line 98, position 816.
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String[] args)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowTagMismatch(NodeData startTag)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseEndElement()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
at System.Xml.Linq.XContainer.ReadContentFrom(XmlReader r)
at System.Xml.Linq.XContainer.ReadContentFrom(XmlReader r, LoadOptions o)
at System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Load(XmlReader reader, LoadOptions options)
at System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Parse(String text, LoadOptions options)
at ProtoXML.ProtoFile.LoadXml(String Input)
at Media_Companion.TvShow.GetPossibleShows()
at Media_Companion.Form1.bckgrnd_tvshowscraper_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

I'll say it again: tv shows is broken.

- vbat99 - 2011-11-29

Can you sign in to Codeplex and post this issue under issue tracker please.

http://mediacompanion.codeplex.com/

I'm not a dev, but I do want to help resolve any issues. But this is out of my league.

Sorry your having so many problems.

- Death-Axe - 2011-12-01

sucks to have to create an account there for that. If you have one, perhaps you could do it for me?

- unabatedshagie - 2011-12-01

I noticed that you can use themoviedb.org to scrape movies. However when I enable it and search for new movies the app crashes.

Do I need to have an install of xbmc on the machine I have the app on?

If I don't how would I go about getting a crash log to help fix the problem?

Using build 3.4.2.4

- vbat99 - 2011-12-02

Death-Axe Wrote:sucks to have to create an account there for that. If you have one, perhaps you could do it for me?

I would, but it's kinda like me going to the doctor's to get a fix for your broken leg. If they need more info, then it's best if you sign up and post the issue. Doesn't take long and you'd be helping to make MC a better program.

Hope that doesn't sound too rude.:confused2:

- vbat99 - 2011-12-02

unabatedshagie Wrote:I noticed that you can use themoviedb.org to scrape movies. However when I enable it and search for new movies the app crashes.

Do I need to have an install of xbmc on the machine I have the app on?

If I don't how would I go about getting a crash log to help fix the problem?

Using build 3.4.2.4

I couldn't find the setting for using 'themoviedb.org' as a scraper. Only option I could find was using 'themoviedb.org' for posters during autoscraping. Can you advise where you found this in Media Companion??

- unabatedshagie - 2011-12-02

vbat99 Wrote:I couldn't find the setting for using 'themoviedb.org' as a scraper. Only option I could find was using 'themoviedb.org' for posters during autoscraping. Can you advise where you found this in Media Companion??
Click on the Movie Preferences button then in the Choose Default Scraper section check Use XBMC Scraper and there is an options to Use TMDB XBMC Scraper isn't that what it's for or am I misunderstanding?

It's just that I've noticed that I have a few movies that either completely aren't in IMDB or have minimal information where as they seem to be in TMDB or have slightly better information for some of them in TMDB.

- vbat99 - 2011-12-03

unabatedshagie Wrote:Click on the Movie Preferences button then in the Choose Default Scraper section check Use XBMC Scraper and there is an options to Use TMDB XBMC Scraper isn't that what it's for or am I misunderstanding?

It's just that I've noticed that I have a few movies that either completely aren't in IMDB or have minimal information where as they seem to be in TMDB or have slightly better information for some of them in TMDB.

Ok, I'm not going to be able to help with this one. I don't use those options. Check on codeplex site (earlier posting) there may be discussion on this or guide to help set it up.

Sorry can't help more.

- jz1276 - 2011-12-20

I really hope someone can give me some input on why this program hasnt worked correctly ever since the original dude (Billy) gave up on it. Movies seem to scrape fine, but TV shows are a mess. Every time I try and scrape new episodes I either have to try 50 times before it scrapes them or it just wont scrape them at all. If by any chance it does scrape them the actor/director/role/credits does not scrape at all. What is going on? This has been an ongoing issue for awhile now and with EVERY version (right now using 3416).

Well, I just updated to 3.4.2.7 and finally TV shows are scraping. Actor/director/role/credits still arent scraping but I checked and that info is not listed on IMDB or theTVDB. I guess people stopped including that info...
now the bad news...I am getting "scraper error" for movies now. wtf.

- snowjim - 2011-12-20

Hi,

I have began to use this fine software but need some help :

1. If I got this right the default settings is that it will scrape IMDB for information, is the the best solution or is there any setting I should set to for example fetch media data from other site?
  2. If IMDB do not have my video clip but Media Companion is mapping another movie to it, how do I do to remove all connections to a movei for this video clip? Its also important that it does not remapp this clean vide clip later on so it get the wrong mapping again.
  3. I use openelec with Aeon NOX, should I let the Media companion store movie art in fileshare or should I let XBMC handle this?

BestRegards

- Jyujinkai - 2011-12-24

Just went to work on my Library and grabbed the new version - MC 3.427b Weekly

I can nto get it to work in any way... The scrapper doesn't seam to error in the log, but the window has "scrapper error" in all areas.

The weird thing is that it "looks" like it scraps fine.. as it makes the nfo, grabs the fanart

Here is my log for a scrap, there is an error in it

Code:
24/12/2011 12:18:51 PM

MC Version=3.4.2.7
Using FILENAMES to determine Movie Title....
Using MC IMDB Scraper
Starting Folder Scan

Found Movie Folder: Z:\HDMovies\720p
Checking for subfolders

MC Found these Movies...
: 'Charlie.Wilsons.War.2007.720p.BluRay.x264-SiNNERS.mkv' - NEW!
1 New movies found in directory:- Z:\HDMovies\720p

!!! MC found 1 NEW Movies
Obtaining Title for each movie found, from path and filename

!!! Filename is: Z:\HDMovies\720p\Charlie.Wilsons.War.2007.720p.BluRay.x264-SiNNERS.mkv
Title according to settings is: "Charlie.Wilsons.War.2007"

Starting Main Scraper Process

Scraping Title:- Charlie.Wilsons.War.2007.720p.BluRay.x264-SiNNERS
NFO does not exist
Checking filename for IMDB ID
No IMDB ID found in filename
Checking for Movie year in filename
No year found in filename
Cleaned Title for search :- Charlie.Wilsons.War.2007
Movie Body Scraped OK
Output filename:- Z:\HDMovies\720p\Charlie.Wilsons.War.2007.720p.BluRay.x264-SiNNERS.nfo
Poster Path:- Z:\HDMovies\720p\Charlie.Wilsons.War.2007.720p.BluRay.x264-SiNNERS.tbn
Fanart Path:- Z:\HDMovies\720p\Charlie.Wilsons.War.2007.720p.BluRay.x264-SiNNERS-fanart.jpg

!!! Error with Z:\HDMovies\720p\Charlie.Wilsons.War.2007.720p.BluRay.x264-SiNNERS.nfo
!!! An error was encountered at stage 2, Downloading Actors
Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1.

Poster scraped and saved OK
Saving Fanart As :- Z:\HDMovies\720p\Charlie.Wilsons.War.2007.720p.BluRay.x264-SiNNERS-fanart.jpg
Fanart not resized
Movie added to list

!!! Search for New Movies Complete.

Any ideas what to do?

- ff9b034cd2 - 2012-01-07

I have my TV setup via MediaCompanion perfectly. One thing I just noticed is that my "Season N" shows do you have any Posters. It shows Fanart, just not the Posters.

My setup is:

TV Show Name\
TV Show Name\Season 1\
TV Show Name\Season 2\filename.avi

Is it posisble to have MC set Season Posters?

- vbat99 - 2012-01-09

Jyujinkai Wrote:Just went to work on my Library and grabbed the new version - MC 3.427b Weekly

I can not get it to work in any way... The scrapper doesn't seam to error in the log, but the window has "scrapper error" in all areas.

The weird thing is that it "looks" like it scraps fine.. as it makes the nfo, grabs the fanart

Any ideas what to do?

The error you have is because you need to install MS .NET 4.0 FULL. this version is not the same as available via Windows update, and must be manually downloaded. Link as follows:
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=17718

The page you downloaded MC3.427b mentions this requirement.

Also, MC3.428b is now released that checks if the FULL version is installed.

- vbat99 - 2012-01-09

ff9b034cd2 Wrote:I have my TV setup via MediaCompanion perfectly. One thing I just noticed is that my "Season N" shows do you have any Posters. It shows Fanart, just not the Posters.

My setup is:

TV Show Name\
TV Show Name\Season 1\
TV Show Name\Season 2\filename.avi

Is it possible to have MC set Season Posters?

If the posters are available on thetvdb.com then they should be automatically downloaded. BUT, I've found if a new season starts, say you initially added the show when Season 1 started, then Season 2 begins, either a poster hasn't been uploaded, or you may need to use TV Show Selector to refresh the show. Then it will download the new posters.

Another way, and just thought about this, is to select Season 2, as an example, click the Posters button, and at the bottom you can select which season to look for.

Hope this helps.

- KidKiwi - 2012-01-10

I was using 3.4.2.6 and suddenly there was NO Studio flag and the Genre field was being filled with the tagline. I updated my release to 3.4.2.8 and it's still the same. I guess perhaps the IMDB has changed something??

EDIT: The Director field is also blank.