Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=53640)

- billyad2000 - 2009-07-23

sicon99 Wrote:Can i make a request for a feature?

Can you have an option to create nfos for random video files or folders?
I have a bunch of workout videos on my xbmc but it wont find most of them using tv or movies. Would be nice to be able to just pick the avi or iso and be able to point it to your on jpg for a cover icon

I'm not sure what you mean

Geeba Wrote:Great tool! but one problem I have is it appears to forget the settings? I just had to reset everything ? Gen 1 had a SAVE type button iirc in the settings? - just feels a bit more belt'n'braces than dynamic changes?

Also I added some movies to my collection last night and when I re-scan for new movies it only lists on the left hand side the movies that I have just added? how do I get it to show all (600 odd) movies again?

Some of the preferences are not enabled yet. Is there anything in particular you are missing?

xbmcmonkey Wrote:Hey Billy;
I love MC and can't wait for the next version after 3.039, when do you think that will be?

mRofl
Hopefully this weekend.

- Geeba - 2009-07-23

billyad2000 Wrote:Some of the preferences are not enabled yet. Is there anything in particular you are missing?

It would be nice if all my movies showed up? - I added three new movies at the weekend so thought I'd fire up MC and get the info for them but after clicking scan folders and scrape only the three I added show even thou it scans almost 600 Huh

- billyad2000 - 2009-07-24

Geeba Wrote:It would be nice if all my movies showed up? - I added three new movies at the weekend so thought I'd fire up MC and get the info for them but after clicking scan folders and scrape only the three I added show even thou it scans almost 600 Huh

Are you sure you are using version 3.039
if so, then what is your setup, do the missing movies have valid nfo's, what are the file names and paths of a couple of movies that dont list.

- Livin - 2009-07-24

Billy,

Right-Click + Rescrape = Crash MC

Quote:See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Media_Companion.workingwithnfofiles.savemovienfo(String filenameandpath, fullmoviedetails movietosave, Boolean overwrite)
at Media_Companion.Form1.rescrapemovie()
at Media_Companion.Form1.RescrapeMovieToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3082 (QFE.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Media Companion
Assembly Version: 3.0.3.9
Win32 Version: 3.0.3.9
CodeBase: file:///F:/Hobbies/HTPC/XBMC/MC/Media%20Companion.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
AlphaBlendTextBox
Assembly Version: 1.0.3149.39714
Win32 Version: 1.0.3149.39714
CodeBase: file:///F:/Hobbies/HTPC/XBMC/MC/AlphaBlendTextBox.DLL
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3082 (QFE.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
imdb
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///F:/Hobbies/HTPC/XBMC/MC/imdb.DLL
IMPA
CodeBase: file:///F:/Hobbies/HTPC/XBMC/MC/IMPA.DLL
tmdb_posters
CodeBase: file:///F:/Hobbies/HTPC/XBMC/MC/tmdb_posters.DLL
class_mpdb_thumbs
CodeBase: file:///F:/Hobbies/HTPC/XBMC/MC/class_mpdb_thumbs.DLL
imdb_thumbs
CodeBase: file:///F:/Hobbies/HTPC/XBMC/MC/imdb_thumbs.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

@Livin

What version?

- greybeard - 2009-07-24

billyad2000 Wrote:It seems that MC is having a problem searching the folders for nfo files. Is there any posibility of bad sectors?

I used something called HD Tune and the old version I had installed said 1 of my 6 disks was bad, but that was drive G:, which I had not added back in the trials where 3.039 failed after adding one movie folder. I did a detailed sector scan on drive G: with HD Tune 2.52 and it showed all sectors good, so I looked for another HD diagnostic program on my PC and found one from WD. It showed all my disks as good, so I downloaded a newer version of HD Tune, 2.55, and it shows all 6 disks as good. Right now I am doing a detailed scan of C: since that is where MCg2-3.039 is installed and running from. The quick scan showed no problems, but the slow scan is only about 10% done right now.

How can I get a debug log of what is happening as MCg2 tries to startup?

EDIT: The C: drive scanned clean. Since I still have not figured out how to turn jit debugging on, I tried two other scrapers which use .Net, neither of them worked either, so I decided to run a setup.exe I found in the .Net 3.5 SP1 dir, and it offered me the option of repairing .Net 3.5. Once that was finished and I had restarted the computer I went back to my original instance of 3.039 and it loaded all my movies and even successfully did a media search for the new files. Only one problem, for every new scrape that I had to edit, it changed the filename in the left window to "movie". However when I quit and restarted MC all of them had the correct filename.

Whew!

Thanks for a great program.

- greybeard - 2009-07-24

Arr MiHardies Wrote:also, a question, is there any way to control the order in which XBMC displays records? For example, I want to list movies with multiple "parts" in chronological order in my library view, regardless of their name. A couple good examples would be the Indiana jones movies, or the harry potter movies, non of which include a "part 1", "part 2" etc in their names. I know iTunes accomplishes this with a "sortOrder" metadata field, but I have no idea how to do it in XBMC, if its even possible.

Have you tried lying to MC and XBMC?

Sorry I cannot test this because I cannot get MC to run again after my PC crashed to black a few days ago. I think I have done this with .nfo files, but I am not absolutely sure, and the only quick way to find it would be to use the various sorts that MC has.

For the movies that you want to sort together, edit the .nfo file to change the title to for example "Harry Potter 1: the real title here" and so on. Before I started messing with XBMC and using GC to generate and manage .nfo files for it, I used a media collection DB program called GCstar, and I wanted it to display such series as "Tremors", "Cheech and Chong", "Pirates of the Caribbean", "Mad Max" together in the alpha-sorted list by movie title.

- Geeba - 2009-07-24

billyad2000 Wrote:Are you sure you are using version 3.039
if so, then what is your setup, do the missing movies have valid nfo's, what are the file names and paths of a couple of movies that dont list.

Yep defo 3039 - already scaned the whole folder with MC all movies were present and correct - PC switched off and MC obviously shut down... on re-scan it says scanning 600 folder then only the new ones I've added show up....

greybeard Wrote:Have you tried lying to MC and XBMC?

Sorry I cannot test this because I cannot get MC to run again after my PC crashed to black a few days ago. I think I have done this with .nfo files, but I am not absolutely sure, and the only quick way to find it would be to use the various sorts that MC has.

For the movies that you want to sort together, edit the .nfo file to change the title to for example "Harry Potter 1: the real title here" and so on. Before I started messing with XBMC and using GC to generate and manage .nfo files for it, I used a media collection DB program called GCstar, and I wanted it to display such series as "Tremors", "Cheech and Chong", "Pirates of the Caribbean", "Mad Max" together in the alpha-sorted list by movie title.

Yes that works, i use a similar system
eg
Star Trek 1 - The Motion Picture
Star Trek 2 - The Wrath of Kahn
etc

Geeba Wrote:Yep defo 3039 - already scaned the whole folder with MC all movies were present and correct - PC switched off and MC obviously shut down... on re-scan it says scanning 600 folder then only the new ones I've added show up....

All I can suggest is to delete the config file and start again. Check that the nfo files in the missing folders are present and correct

- Livin - 2009-07-24

billyad2000 Wrote:@Livin

what version?

also, the window size and location does not save... very annoying Wink

Livin Wrote:3.039

also, the window size and location does not save... very annoying Wink

Remembering the windows size has not been put back in yet, i'll do it for the next release.

I am assuming that using the rescrape movie button causes the same crash.

Could you give me details of the path your movies are on.

- Livin - 2009-07-24

billyad2000 Wrote:Remembering the windows size has not been put back in yet, i'll do it for the next release.

I am assuming that using the rescrape movie button causes the same crash.

Could you give me details of the path your movies are on.

Re-Scrape button does the same thing. I had this error in a later v2 version also.

path... G:\Movies (NTFS local drive on XP SP3 - not mapped)