Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] MediaStream_Redux (My Remake) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: MediaStream (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=69)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] MediaStream_Redux (My Remake) (/showthread.php?tid=53830)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

- picodegiao - 2009-07-09

Make sure your Redux folder isn't inside another folder. It should be \skins\MediaStream_Redux\skin.xml and other folders.

- Baphomet - 2009-07-09

I know it's unlikely, but any chance you could add a "games" category to the home menu screen, Jezz?

I use xbmc "almost" exclusively on the xbox and it's mostly my kids that use it at that... They don't use anything outside of the games, movies and tv and have no need for the programs option -- I realize "programs" is used as a wrapper for most everything game or proggie related, but it would be nice if there were options to enable/disable the "programs" and "games" categories...

I know how you feel about adding more stuff to this skin, so I guess I'm just thinking out loud here. Maybe if it garnered enough requests, you might consider it?

- nicoli_k - 2009-07-09

Baphomet Wrote:I know it's unlikely, but any chance you could add a "games" category to the home menu screen, Jezz?

I use xbmc "almost" exclusively on the xbox and it's mostly my kids that use it at that... They don't use anything outside of the games, movies and tv and have no need for the programs option -- I realize "programs" is used as a wrapper for most everything game or proggie related, but it would be nice if there were options to enable/disable the "programs" and "games" categories...

I know how you feel about adding more stuff to this skin, so I guess I'm just thinking out loud here. Maybe if it garnered enough requests, you might consider it?

That's easy to change by yourself if you don't mind doing a little bit of work. The file you need to alter is skin\MediaStream_Redux\720p\Home.xml.

Change
Code:
<label2>31002</label2>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(Pictures)</onclick>

to
Code:
<label2>Games</label2>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(Programs,Games)</onclick>

Then under Programs make sure that you make a source called Games and put all of your games in that source. When clicking the new Games button it will automatically open up the source folder "Games" under programs.

Of course, if you still want your Programs button, you could alter the TV Shows button by changing the label and onclick action since you can get to TV Shows from the Video button.

Changing buttons isn't very hard, it's adding buttons that's tough for me at least.

If you feel like adding one Jezz, don't let this stop you. I just figured I'd share how easy it is to change button labels and actions.

- Jezz_X - 2009-07-09

Baphomet Wrote:I know it's unlikely, but any chance you could add a "games" category to the home menu screen, Jezz?

You could always when onyour games share open the context menu and select "Set as default" then everytime you click programs it would go straight to it.
then you could do what the post above says and change the label for the programs one

- muggsy - 2009-07-09

Jezz_X Wrote:You could always when onyour games share open the context menu and select "Set as default" then everytime you click programs it would go straight to it.
then you could do what the post above says and change the label for the programs one

What about a sub menu off Programs just like what is available for Videos

With MC360 you had Applications, Games and Arcade I believe. Would that not be an solution worth implementing?

I migth have a look at the code tonight if I get time

Update: OK already banged a sub menu out of the Programs, for Applications, Emulators and Games, will test it a bit more tonight.

- mfwilli - 2009-07-09

Great skin, love it.

I'm having a problem with the custom backgrounds, or any backgrounds for that matter not showing up in the home screen or settings screen. Also, recently added items aren't showing up.

Running the latest stable XBMC for Mac (AND Plex), clean install, and the 0.9.0.0 skin version, and same results for both. Thoughts?

As you can see, I get backgrounds when away from the home menu.

- Jezz_X - 2009-07-09

well for starters thats not my skin Smile thats the mod for it
for seconds latest stable isn't new enough you need to upgrade to an SVN version

- mfwilli - 2009-07-09

Jezz_X Wrote:well for starters thats not my skin Smile thats the mod for it
for seconds latest stable isn't new enough you need to upgrade to an SVN version

Ok. But that was happening before I downloaded the mod and is still after the newest update. Looks like I'll go for the SVN. Thanks for your timely reply.

- azido - 2009-07-09

vanvonno Wrote:Using Media info 2 view the plot in TV-series and Movies is not scrolling although i have enabled scrolling in settings. it does in the info window and on the plot for movies, but not there.

did you copy over my text?
i did use exactly the same phrases some time ago Nerd

- blastactionhero - 2009-07-09

is there any way to add 2 items to the videos submenu?
i want to add "documentarys" and "tv" under movies and series..

or is it too complicated?

and hopw can i add xtweet to the favorites in the top left.

- SlaveUnit - 2009-07-09

Jezz_X
I know now that you have the Movies and TV Shows on the main page. Now when you enter those catergories and enable fanart you see fan art for the proper shows/movies. But when the movie or tv show does not have a fanart it shows the ones for Videos. Will this change at all so they match what the user has on his/her home screen. ie I have a set of theater type backdrops for the home page for Movies. I would love to see one of those backdrops when a movie has no fanart and not the one for Videos.

- Aenima99x - 2009-07-09

SlaveUnit Wrote:Jezz_X
I know now that you have the Movies and TV Shows on the main page. Now when you enter those catergories and enable fanart you see fan art for the proper shows/movies. But when the movie or tv show does not have a fanart it shows the ones for Videos. Will this change at all so they match what the user has on his/her home screen. ie I have a set of theater type backdrops for the home page for Movies. I would love to see one of those backdrops when a movie has no fanart and not the one for Videos.

Here's how to do it -
1. Find your image you want to always be the fallback for movies with no fanart and place it in the backgrounds folder. MAKE SURE it's named movies.jpg

2. Open the includes.xml. On about the 13th line down you'll see
Code:
    <constant name="IconCrossfadeTime">400</constant>
right after that, add this -
Code:
    <include name="CommonMoviesBackground">

<control type="multiimage">

<posx>0</posx>

<posy>0</posy>

<width>1280</width>

<height>720</height>

<imagepath fallback="special://skin/backgrounds/movies.jpg" background="true">$INFO[Skin.String(Home_Custom_Back_Video_Folder)]</imagepath>

<timeperimage>10000</timeperimage>

<randomize>true</randomize>

<fadetime>1000</fadetime>

</control>
</include>

3. Open the MyVideoNav.xml file. On the 5th line change
Code:
<include>CommonVideoBackground</include>
to
Code:
<include>CommonMoviesBackground</include>

I'll be adding this change to my mod, so you could also just wait for that if you'd like. Smile

- SlaveUnit - 2009-07-09

So this will also with the muli-image feature? The cycling backgrounds?

- mfwilli - 2009-07-09

Anyone have the skin working properly for Plex?

- Aenima99x - 2009-07-09

SlaveUnit Wrote:So this will also with the muli-image feature? The cycling backgrounds?
Doh forgot about that. Yes it will work, just make the following change in the Includes.xml -
Where I had
Code:
<imagepath fallback="special://skin/backgrounds/movies.jpg" background="true">$INFO[Skin.String(Home_Custom_Back_Video_Folder)]</imagepath>
Change it to
Code:
<imagepath fallback="special://skin/backgrounds/movies.jpg" background="true">$INFO[Skin.String(Home_Custom_Back_[b]Movies[/b]_Folder)]</imagepath>