Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] MediaStream_Redux (My Remake) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: MediaStream (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=69)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] MediaStream_Redux (My Remake) (/showthread.php?tid=53830)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

- willers.nail - 2009-09-07

My only problem Jezz with this skin to date is on the xbox it will freeze when using the apple movie trailers script as it runs out of memory in here. Any chance you could look into reducing the memory consumption on textures here for us or add a different view or even allow the old PM3 look for here.

- Jezz_X - 2009-09-08

willers.nail Wrote:My only problem Jezz with this skin to date is on the xbox it will freeze when using the apple movie trailers script as it runs out of memory in here. Any chance you could look into reducing the memory consumption on textures here for us or add a different view or even allow the old PM3 look for here.
If you want to use the old pm3 look just go to the skins 720p dir and delete the files
script-Apple_Movie_Trailers-main.xml
script-Apple_Movie_Trailers-search.xml
script-Apple_Movie_Trailers-settings.xml
script-Apple_Movie_Trailers-showtimes.xml
script-Apple_Movie_Trailers-chooser.xml
script-Apple_Movie_Trailers-context.xml

- LaTropa64 - 2009-09-08

Excellent skin and it works on the Xbox1! Thanks!

One question I have, what could I edit to turn this options panel off?

I'm setting this up for my parents and I need to lock them out of that panel when browsing movies and TV shows so they don't ever change the list type, sort order, hide watched, etc.

Anyone have an idea what I would need to edit in the skin to do this? I don't need an option in settings to toggle it or anything. I'll just FTP back in and change the xml files again if I ever do need to change something.

- djh_ - 2009-09-12

Just thought I'd pop in here and give some long overdue props for this. I'd never really given time to MediaStream as it was just a headache to use, but you've done a remarkable job here, Jezz. And it's a compliment to the original as well, because it really drives home the value of bringing great artwork to a straightforward design and then taking it through to completion, which is something MS managed but I never did. So consider me a convert. I honestly can't think of one change you've made that isn't an improvement.

- xbs08 - 2009-09-12

This my favorite skin atm, nice looking and funcional (and works great on the xbox too).

Only wish there was some sort of transparency settings for the home blade and sub blade to let the BG's more visible and that the custom BG's could be mirrored, like fanart is.

- Jezz_X - 2009-09-12

djh_ Wrote:Just thought I'd pop in here and give some long overdue props for this. I'd never really given time to MediaStream as it was just a headache to use, but you've done a remarkable job here, Jezz. And it's a compliment to the original as well, because it really drives home the value of bringing great artwork to a straightforward design and then taking it through to completion, which is something MS managed but I never did. So consider me a convert. I honestly can't think of one change you've made that isn't an improvement.
Thanks

xbs08 Wrote:This my favorite skin atm, nice looking and funcional (and works great on the xbox too).

Only wish there was some sort of transparency settings for the home blade and sub blade to let the BG's more visible and that the custom BG's could be mirrored, like fanart is.
The issue with that is the home sub blade is hidden under the main one so if you make it more transperant you make it show. You can get over this by chopping the background into 2 bits and sliding the sub menu under the background but then you rin into a whole shit load of other issues

- xbs08 - 2009-09-12

Maybe that could be solved by making the sub blade slide from outside the screen, passing behind the home blade?

- kricker - 2009-09-15

I've just started playing with this the other day since Mediastream doesnt work quite right with the new experimental builds. I got a couple quick questions. I have started scanning the thread, but I got 20+ more pages to look thru.

When I enter the TV show library or Movies library then "back" out. I see the video library menu. How can I skip this and jump directly back home?

What files make up the Video OSD and controls? I want to have the original MS OSD and controls.

- zosky - 2009-09-15

kricker Wrote:When I enter the TV show library or Movies library then "back" out. I see the video library menu. How can I skip this and jump directly back home?

<ESC> = back to home screen (from anywhere)
<BackSpace> = UP 1 level (from anywhere)

i use the iPhone remote which has <...> and <back> buttons mapped to these keys

kricker Wrote:What files make up the Video OSD and controls? I want to have the original MS OSD and controls.
i originally asked for this too but am not willing to put the effort in Rolleyes please share if you get it working
maybe you should start with ./720p/VideoOSD.xml (probebly videoOSDcommon.xml too)

- kricker - 2009-09-15

zosky Wrote:<ESC> = back to home screen (from anywhere)
<BackSpace> = UP 1 level (from anywhere)..
This I already know. But in MS I could go "back" from movies and TV shows to the home menu. The wife aint gonna like it if I can't get it worked out.

EDIT:
Now MS is doing it as well, could it be a svn issue. Time to roll back and check.

EDIT2:
Dropped the skin in an older XBMC build and the "back" I was looking for works. There must be a break in the XBMC svn code somewhere.

- zosky - 2009-09-16

i thought that was too simple
interesting find kricker & good luck wife proofing Big Grin

- xbs08 - 2009-09-21

After i check the Rapier skin i've decided to add a video library submenu (genres, title, years, etc) in the options panel (just below the misc options) but i can't seem to change the font size, could anyone help me how to achieve this?

I want the new video library submenu to have the same font as the misc options submenu, i tried to change using other fonts it but it didn't change.

- mojo2509 - 2009-09-23

Quick question - hopefully I make sense... Love the skin - have set movies to library mode but would like Tv shows to stay in File mode but it keeps reverting back to library mode... is this skin related or xbmc related... and can anyone point me in the right direction (or is this not possible)

Thanks in advance

- kricker - 2009-09-23

mojo2509 Wrote:Quick question - hopefully I make sense... Love the skin - have set movies to library mode but would like Tv shows to stay in File mode but it keeps reverting back to library mode... is this skin related or xbmc related... and can anyone point me in the right direction (or is this not possible)

Thanks in advance
If you are accessing the tv library from the home screen, then you need to edit the home screen item that takes you to the tv library.

very good - freedreamer - 2009-09-24

Awesome guys!

the only thing you have to add is the possibility to change the fonts' size directly from the skin.

I hope in next release!!

Good job