Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] MediaStream_Redux MOD Pack - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: MediaStream (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=69)
+----- Thread: [MOD] MediaStream_Redux MOD Pack (/showthread.php?tid=54207)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

- SlaveUnit - 2009-07-16

Radikaltimes Wrote:one quick question ..
can someone tell me how can i change the behavior .. so that i'm in movies and a click back in my remote it goes back to the main menu .. no the videos sub menus .. then the videos menu?
it works in my other skins..
is that something i can change easily?

thank you

You just hit backspace to go back a menu level. You hit esc to go back to the home menu. Just change the mappings on your remote?

Edit: I guess that might screwup other feature while playing a video though. I just never found it tough to hit my remote kep that is mapped to backspace in stead of esc when trying to go back one level.

- mach170 - 2009-07-16

Aenima99x Wrote:Looking for some input -

1. What does everyone think about removing the "Favorites" Icon from the background and adding it as menu item instead?

2. The location of the Recently Added items - does everyone like where they are currently positioned?

3. How many people are interested in CoverFlow being added back to Music view? (Not that I really want to do it No).

1. It's nice that it's accessible at any time, but it is a little weird to push down to access an option at the top of the screen. It would work good as a main menu option with a toggle for those who don't use it. I don't think it should be hidden away in a submenu, since Favorite items should be accessible quickly.

2. I like the position. One idea might be to have a wide panel slide down from the top with each item/image listed side-by-side instead of the stacked like they are now. Maybe have the panel delayed so it shows after you pause for a few seconds on the Movies/TV/Music menu.

3. Like SlaveUnit, I don't use Coverflow.

- Radikaltimes - 2009-07-16

SlaveUnit Wrote:You just hit backspace to go back a menu level. You hit esc to go back to the home menu. Just change the mappings on your remote?

Edit: I guess that might screwup other feature while playing a video though. I just never found it tough to hit my remote kep that is mapped to backspace in stead of esc when trying to go back one level.

i have the magic ESC key mapped to the exit key in my remote ... but is way down ..LOL
my wife is getting mad .. with the changes i'm making ..so i'm trying to get part to act the same as the other skins .... or is couch time for me ..LOL

- Aenima99x - 2009-07-16

Radikaltimes Wrote:i have the magic ESC key mapped to the exit key in my remote ... but is way down ..LOL
my wife is getting mad .. with the changes i'm making ..so i'm trying to get part to act the same as the other skins .... or is couch time for me ..LOL

Sounds like my house haha

- Aenima99x - 2009-07-16

**UPDATE**

- The Favorites "button" has been removed from the screen area and added as a menu item. It can be toggled on/off just like the rest of the menu items. I also included a default background for it.

- I've removed the option to toggle the animated weather icons on/off. Really who doesn't want them?

- SlaveUnit - 2009-07-16

Radikaltimes Wrote:i have the magic ESC key mapped to the exit key in my remote ... but is way down ..LOL

Keymap guys KEYMAP Smile I dont think we should be changing the skin to do this.

- Aenima99x - 2009-07-16

SlaveUnit Wrote:Keymap guys KEYMAP Smile I dont think we should be changing the skin to do this.

Hmm well it is my mod haha

J/K I'll probably just change the Keymap

Strange problem with home-screen - macchina - 2009-07-16

Hi,

I'm using your latest mod (from megaupload). When I start XBMC (win32), then it takes about 45 seconds, before the gui is usable (CPU is at 4~5%).
The gui freezes also, when I cycle through movies, music, tv-shows,....

I've turned on the debug log and took a look into the log. Hmmm there seems nothing wrong...

If I turn off the recently added stuff on home screen => all ok.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Macchina

- Aenima99x - 2009-07-16

macchina Wrote:Hi,

I'm using your latest mod (from megaupload). When I start XBMC (win32), then it takes about 45 seconds, before the gui is usable (CPU is at 4~5%).
The gui freezes also, when I cycle through movies, music, tv-shows,....

I've turned on the debug log and took a look into the log. Hmmm there seems nothing wrong...

If I turn off the recently added stuff on home screen => all ok.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Macchina

Yeah it seems like there are a lot of problems with the Recently Added stuff. I'd recommend leaving it off for now until I can figure out what's going on with it. It has never worked on my system at all - it actually crashes xbmc as soon as it starts the scan...no errors in the logs at all. So that makes it hard for me to test it.

- macchina - 2009-07-16

Quote:Yeah it seems like there are a lot of problems with the Recently Added stuff. I'd recommend leaving it off for now until I can figure out what's going on with it. It has never worked on my system at all - it actually crashes xbmc as soon as it starts the scan...no errors in the logs at all. So that makes it hard for me to test it.

Maybe it helps for your research:
The latest working (with recently added "on") Mod is from 10.07.2009 ~20.00 (Filedate).

- kautious - 2009-07-16

Ok I think something wrong with my Textures.xpr .If I use Jezz_X textures.xpr everything if fine expect for the Animated Weather icons. I changed xbmc back to 21589 thinking that was going to help but didnt. I even deleted my guisettings.xml and still no help. Here are some screen shots Aenima99xMediastream_Redux_mod Textures.xpr on my xbox.

- SlaveUnit - 2009-07-17

Ok a couple more requests. More of polishing up some features.

1) The clock is a tiny bit uncentered. It seems a bit low in the box.
2) I use info wrap for movies. Sometimes when all 6 flags show one gets cut off (the aspect ratio one). I think it is because the Dolby Digital and/or DTS logs are a bit bigger than say ac3. This also happen in the original redux. And I did mention it in the normal redux thread. But there isnt a better place to fix it than here Smile

This one shows it:

This one doesnt (both do have the proper flagging).

- Aenima99x - 2009-07-17

kautious Wrote:Ok I think something wrong with my Textures.xpr .If I use Jezz_X textures.xpr everything if fine expect for the Animated Weather icons. I changed xbmc back to 21589 thinking that was going to help but didnt. I even deleted my guisettings.xml and still no help. Here are some screen shots Aenima99xMediastream_Redux_mod Textures.xpr on my xbox.
WTH?!? Oo I honestly have no idea what's going on with yours Kautious. I used Jezz's original XPR - just extracted it, added the genre and weather icon folders and re-packed it.
Is anyone else having similar image corruption??

- Jezz_X - 2009-07-17

SlaveUnit Wrote:Ok a couple more requests. More of polishing up some features.

1) The clock is a tiny bit uncentered. It seems a bit low in the box.
2) I use info wrap for movies. Sometimes when all 6 flags show one gets cut off (the aspect ratio one). I think it is because the Dolby Digital and/or DTS logs are a bit bigger than say ac3. This also happen in the original redux. And I did mention it in the normal redux thread. But there isnt a better place to fix it than here Smile
Like I said in the other topic its a space thing because the writer feild on the other side is designed to wrap down to multiple lines so if that happens and the flagging icons go over 1 more it would overlap.

I guess a decent solution would be don't let the writer wrap and make the icon feild bigger

- Jezz_X - 2009-07-17

Aenima99x Wrote:WTH?!? Oo I honestly have no idea what's going on with yours Kautious. I used Jezz's original XPR - just extracted it, added the genre and weather icon folders and re-packed it.
Is anyone else having similar image corruption??

If he is using xbmctex on linux it had some issues recently particuarly with aniamated gifs