Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] MediaStream_Redux MOD Pack - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: MediaStream (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=69)
+----- Thread: [MOD] MediaStream_Redux MOD Pack (/showthread.php?tid=54207)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

- SlaveUnit - 2009-07-31

As you can see the window on the right is still using the older flags. Shall we keep it in line with the main info screen? Smile Should be simple adjustments in VideoOSDCommons.xml.

I will decide soon on what I think should be there (for suggestions). Since that info part takes its info "live" from what video is playing when you have an iso or img playing with DTS it will always report is as 0 channels for the sound. Im not too sure why xbmc does that but it does. Anyways Ill play with how things look after the other flagging is complete (or closer to complete since nothing is ever really complete).

Aenima99x..pm'd you the new file.

- Aenima99x - 2009-07-31

**UPDATE**

See first post for todays update

- Aenima99x - 2009-07-31

SlaveUnit Wrote:As you can see the window on the right is still using the older flags. Shall we keep it in line with the main info screen? Smile Should be simple adjustments in VideoOSDCommons.xml.
I will decide soon on what I think should be there (for suggestions). Since that info part takes its info "live" from what video is playing when you have an iso or img playing with DTS it will always report is as 0 channels for the sound. Im not too sure why xbmc does that but it does. Anyways Ill play with hos things look after the otehr flagging is complete (or closer to complete since nothing is ever really complete).

The MPAA flagging should be good to go now and the native studio flagging is in place. I'll start on the skin-based studio flagging tomorrow. There are going to be a LOT of studio icons we'll need to add if want this anywhere close to complete. I went through my library (only 500 movies) and found that I'm missing around 130 studio flags! I can only imagine what your collection will be like. Shocked
I agree about making the flagging in the OSD (and also the movie info screen) match up with the rest.

- SlaveUnit - 2009-07-31

So skin based studio files are pulled from where? The file name?

- nc88keyz - 2009-07-31

i dont see anything with mpaa or studio flags.

did a git pull.

FYI skin version shows the following:
under info panel 1.0.5

your first post says 1.0.4

Also using R21891 SVN

- zosky - 2009-07-31

Aenima99x Wrote:I was working on the home page weather, but I just couldn't find a layout I liked.....like I've said before if anyone has some mockups, please share them so I can get some inspiration.

Home has 2 seriously wicked constructs that we can extend to display additional info.

ex 1 recent weather /// ex 2 weather sub-menu
Image Image

I vote #2, a fake-sub-menu would be really cool
thoughts ?

UPDATE i kicked it up a notch Tongue

- Zakolem - 2009-07-31

I have some problems with other resolutions than 720 and 1080
my 24" monitor isn't able to display the skin correctly in fullscreen mode because its 16:10 (1920x1200).

See: The Problem Pic

Is that a settings problem or aren't 16:10 solutions supported?

- Rastan - 2009-07-31

Aenima99x Wrote:Are you trying to replace one of the existing images or add a new one?
If you have a new one, link it here and I'll add it. If you want to replace one, then you need to use XPRExpress to extract the XPR file, add your icon to the moviegenre folder and then use XBMCTex to pack it back together.

Edit - you can d/l XPRExpress here

Hi, I see you have been doing some updates to the mod and its looking good!! Nod I have used Git to get the new updated skin and I wanted to play around with the genre thumbs so I tried using XPR Express like you suggested last time. But unlike last time I cannot extract the XPR and get the error "Error: Illegal characters in path" Sad
I have tried extracting it on my main machine with Vista SP2 and I have tried on my laptop with XP SP3 but still get the error. I'm not quite sure what I am doing wrong, maybe you could shed some light?

- Aenima99x - 2009-07-31

nc88keyz Wrote:i dont see anything with mpaa or studio flags.

did a git pull.

FYI skin version shows the following:
under info panel 1.0.5

your first post says 1.0.4

Also using R21891 SVN
1.0.5 is the correct version, I put the wrong number in the first post.
Can you give more info about your setup - are you using XBOX, Win, Linux?
How do you get movie info - nfo or scraper?

- Aenima99x - 2009-07-31

Zakolem Wrote:I have some problems with other resolutions than 720 and 1080
my 24" monitor isn't able to display the skin correctly in fullscreen mode because its 16:10 (1920x1200).

See: The Problem Pic

Is that a settings problem or aren't 16:10 solutions supported?

Go into System Settings\Appearance then screen and do the video calibration. This has fixed it for other people having the same problem.

- SlaveUnit - 2009-07-31

zosky Wrote:Home has 2 seriously wicked constructs that we can extend to display additional info.

ex 1 recent weather /// ex 2 weather sub-menu
Image Image

I vote #2, a fake-sub-menu would be really cool
thoughts ?

UPDATE i kicked it up a notch Tongue

Your number 2 looks nice in the animated gif. HAve you implemented this idea into code at all or just in the ideas stage still?

- Aenima99x - 2009-07-31

Rastan Wrote:Hi, I see you have been doing some updates to the mod and its looking good!! Nod I have used Git to get the new updated skin and I wanted to play around with the genre thumbs so I tried using XPR Express like you suggested last time. But unlike last time I cannot extract the XPR and get the error "Error: Illegal characters in path" Sad
I have tried extracting it on my main machine with Vista SP2 and I have tried on my laptop with XP SP3 but still get the error. I'm not quite sure what I am doing wrong, maybe you could shed some light?

You're right, I'm getting the same thing here. I tried to repack a couple times with XBMCTex and it looks like something is causing the studio flags to become "corrupted" during the pack. I've removed them from the XPR and it should be fine now. It also makes more sense at this point to have the studio flags outside the XPR since we'll be adding to them a lot and I don't want to keep having to repack the xpr. Go ahead and pull from git and the textures.xpr should extract fine.

- jarod71 - 2009-07-31

Having an issue with this, I am usign on a 480p tv with 480p in settings, I cannot get submenus to show, it is like they are underneath the main menu in horizontal mode. I will try 720p tonight but wonderwed if anyone had this issue?

- Aenima99x - 2009-07-31

jarod71 Wrote:Having an issue with this, I am usign on a 480p tv with 480p in settings, I cannot get submenus to show, it is like they are underneath the main menu in horizontal mode. I will try 720p tonight but wonderwed if anyone had this issue?

My mod is based on Jezz's MediaStream_Redux Skin which does not support 4:3, only 16x9.

- Rastan - 2009-07-31

Aenima99x Wrote:You're right, I'm getting the same thing here. I tried to repack a couple times with XBMCTex and it looks like something is causing the studio flags to become "corrupted" during the pack. I've removed them from the XPR and it should be fine now. It also makes more sense at this point to have the studio flags outside the XPR since we'll be adding to them a lot and I don't want to keep having to repack the xpr. Go ahead and pull from git and the textures.xpr should extract fine.

Thanks for clearing that up Aenima99x, I'll download the updated skin again. Thanks for all the hard work you and everyone involved have done. This skin is evolving nicely and is still running nice and fast on my Xbox Big Grin