Kodi Community Forum
Transparency! - v1.03 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Transparency! (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=115)
+----- Thread: Transparency! - v1.03 (/showthread.php?tid=55311)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

- ronie - 2009-08-02

yadster Wrote:Not sure why but it seems this skin doesn't like Greenday lol. Selecting the folder causes the xbox to freeze, however using PMIII I can select the folder and play the files. I've uploaded a debug log here.

thanks

not 100% sure, but it may be due to the workarounds for showing fanart in filemode.

could you open MyMusicSongs.xml and remove this section:
[HTML] <control type="largeimage">
<description>dirty hack for fanart in album and song view</description>
<posx>0</posx>
<posy>0</posy>
<width>1280</width>
<height>720</height>
<texture background="true">$INFO[listitem.path]../fanart.jpg</texture>
<aspectratio>scale</aspectratio>
<include>VisibleFadeEffect</include>
<include>Window_OpenClose_Animation</include>
<fadetime>FanartCrossfadeTime</fadetime>
<visible>!substring(listitem.path,lastfm://) + !substring(listitem.path,shout://) + !substring(listitem.path,plugin://) + !substring(listitem.path,special://) + !substring(Container.FolderPath,lastfm://) + !substring(Container.FolderPath,shout://) + !substring(Container.FolderPath,plugin://) + !substring(Container.FolderPath,special://)</visible>
</control>
<control type="largeimage">
<description>dirty hack for fanart for album up icon</description>
<posx>0</posx>
<posy>0</posy>
<width>1280</width>
<height>720</height>
<texture background="true">$INFO[Container.FolderPath]fanart.jpg</texture>
<visible>!substring(listitem.path,lastfm://) + !substring(listitem.path,shout://) + !substring(listitem.path,plugin://) + !substring(listitem.path,special://) + !substring(Container.FolderPath,lastfm://) + !substring(Container.FolderPath,shout://) + !substring(Container.FolderPath,plugin://) + !substring(Container.FolderPath,special://)</visible>
</control>
<control type="largeimage">
<description>dirty hack for fanart in artist view and song up icon</description>
<posx>0</posx>
<posy>0</posy>
<width>1280</width>
<height>720</height>
<texture background="true">$INFO[listitem.path]fanart.jpg</texture>
</control>[/HTML]

restart xbmc and please let me know if the issue is still there.

- yadster - 2009-08-02

ronie Wrote:not 100% sure, but it may be due to the workarounds for showing fanart in filemode.

could you open MyMusicSongs.xml and remove this section:

restart xbmc and please let me know if the issue is still there.

Tried that but it still freezes and now there's no background for the music folder??

- ronie - 2009-08-02

yadster Wrote:Tried that but it still freezes and now there's no background for the music folder??

would you be so kind to post a new Debug Log (with the above code removed) ?

How to change home screen items/layout/options - pooh - 2009-08-02

Ronie,

great work, best 'un-complicated and FAST' skin I've seen (and using as default now)! Thank you.

BUT, how do you customize the skin? Is this done through the XML files or is there a menu option somewhere (Couldn't find the skin menu option). I would like to hide 'programs etc' from the home screen, change to horizontal menu etc...

*pooh hiding from the the flood of 'rtfm' etc...*

Thanks a heap!

- yadster - 2009-08-02

ronie Wrote:would you be so kind to post a new Debug Log (with the above code removed) ?

No problemo. New debug posted here. I downgraded to 1.02 and 1.0 but still get the freezes. Thanks for taking the time to look at this.

cheers
Paul

- flipped cracker - 2009-08-02

pooh Wrote:Ronie,

great work, best 'un-complicated and FAST' skin I've seen (and using as default now.! Thank you.

BUT, how do you customize the skin? Is this done through the XML files or is there a menu option somewhere (Couldn't fine the menu option). I would like to hide 'programs etc' from the home screen, change to horizontal menu etc...

*pooh hiding from the the flood of 'rtfm' etc...*

Thanks a heap!

it's all in the skin settings. go to settings, and then go to the left of the main window.

- pooh - 2009-08-02

flipped cracker Wrote:it's all in the skin settings. go to settings, and then go to the left of the main window.

Duh! indeed the skin specific settings are there...

Thank you for your swift reply!

ps. Hmmm, selecting skin settings, there are no options available (blanco) on the screen to the right....

What is the latest version of Transparency please and where can I donwload it? Reason for asking is:

1. Change log .txt files always says version 1.00
2. Some files (studios) can not be copied over from my PC (XP) with WinSCP to my ATV due to characters like ' ~ accent etc

Thanks!

- ronie - 2009-08-02

yadster Wrote:No problemo. New debug posted here. I downgraded to 1.02 and 1.0 but still get the freezes. Thanks for taking the time to look at this.

ok, looks like it crashes when it's trying to list the songs of Green Day - 21st Century Breakdown.
i looked up the album on the interweb and some of the songtitles contain special characters,
like: 12. ¿Viva La Gloria? [Little Girl]

maybe this is causing your issue.
could you set the font to Arial and try again?
Settings > Appearance > Look & Feel > Fonts > Arial

- ronie - 2009-08-02

pooh Wrote:selecting skin settings, there are no options available (blanco) on the screen to the right....

it's a bug i'm working on, for now, just restart xbmc and it will be fixed.

pooh Wrote:What is the latest version of Transparency please and where can I donwload it? Reason for asking is:

1. Change log .txt files always says version 1.00

go to Settings, then bring out the left menu and select System Info.
it'll list the Version on the bottom of the panel.
latest is v1.02 at the moment.

pooh Wrote:2. Some files (studios) can not be copied over from my PC (XP) with WinSCP to my ATV due to characters like ' ~ accent etc

there's nothing to do about that one, it's a limitation of the filesystem.
xbox users will also have issues with copying some of the studio logo's.
just ignore the failed transfers. you'll miss a few studio logo's but that's all

- yadster - 2009-08-02

ronie Wrote:ok, looks like it crashes when it's trying to list the songs of Green Day - 21st Century Breakdown.
i looked up the album on the interweb and some of the songtitles contain special characters,
like: 12. ¿Viva La Gloria? [Little Girl]

maybe this is causing your issue.
could you set the font to Arial and try again?
Settings > Appearance > Look & Feel > Fonts > Arial

That indeed was the problem. Changing to arial and Greenday are once again rocking Smile A quick look at the track listing and it seems the offending characters are what looks like an upside down question mark and apostrophe.

A h-u-g-e thanks.

- ronie - 2009-08-02

yadster Wrote:That indeed was the problem. Changing to arial and Greenday are once again rocking Smile A quick look at the track listing and it seems the offending characters are what looks like an upside down question mark and apostrophe.

A h-u-g-e thanks.

yep, seems like those two characters are not included in the default font.
it's not causing any issues on linux though...the characters are just displayed as an empty space instead.

if there's anybody out there with more font editing experience than me, please let me know if it's possible to add these characters to the .ttf file.

- pooh - 2009-08-02

ronie Wrote:it's a bug i'm working on, for now, just restart xbmc and it will be fixed.

go to Settings, then bring out the left menu and select System Info.
it'll list the Version on the bottom of the panel.
latest is v1.02 at the moment.

there's nothing to do about that one, it's a limitation of the filesystem.
xbox users will also have issues with copying some of the studio logo's.
just ignore the failed transfers. you'll miss a few studio logo's but that's all

Perfect, just perfect! Again, out of all the beautiful skins out there, I think this is the most responsive, un-complicated and appealing!

HUGE thanks!

- ronie - 2009-08-02

ronie Wrote:if there's anybody out there with more font editing experience than me, please let me know if it's possible to add these characters to the .ttf file.

nevermind, figured it out.

if anyone has the same problem, here's the updated font: teen-normal.ttf

just put it in Transparency!/fonts and, as always, restart xbmc.

- yadster - 2009-08-02

Whilst in debug mode I've noticed that the cpu goes to 100% when in 'movies' using library mode in all views, whilst in 'tv' it hovers around the 40-50% mark. This is using the xbox and there is plenty of free memory.

- ronie - 2009-08-02

yadster Wrote:Whilst in debug mode I've noticed that the cpu goes to 100% when in 'movies' using library mode in all views, whilst in 'tv' it hovers around the 40-50% mark. This is using the xbox and there is plenty of free memory.

i'll post an update to v1.03 later today, let me know if this issue is still present after the upgrade.

cheers.