Kodi Community Forum
Transparency! - v1.03 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Transparency! (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=115)
+----- Thread: Transparency! - v1.03 (/showthread.php?tid=55311)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

- ronie - 2009-08-06

whipper Wrote:Sorry if this is a really stupid question. Is there a way to integrate MAME into Transparency?

i'm afraid i have to give you a stupid answer too. ;-)
i have no clue what MAME is.

whipper Wrote:From what I've seen you need launcher, which I see is already built in

if you're referring to the launcher plugin, that's not build into Transparency!

so i guess you'll have to give me some more details on what you're trying to accomplish.

- grupy - 2009-08-06

ronie Wrote:i'm afraid i have to give you a stupid answer too. ;-)
i have no clue what MAME is.

I think MAME is for arcade emulator, but I could be wrong.

- whipper - 2009-08-06

In programs, program plugins, there's launcher. Isn't that the same thing?

Found that launcher thread, still to stupid to get it to work though! Looks good though. I'll bug them a bitShocked

MAME is a emulator program to play old arcade games on.

- ronie - 2009-08-06

grupy Wrote:I think MAME is for arcade emulator, but I could be wrong.

lol! i'm the biggest game n00b in the world.
i don't even know what arcade is....

- grupy - 2009-08-06

ronie Wrote:believe me, you're better of using v1.03. the bugs in v1.02 will also affect you, you may not have noticed it, but it will.
just play some movie, bring up the fullscreen info window, go back to the main menu and go to settings. you'll notice the settings background is black, next go to skin settings and you'll notice all the settings are gone...

If I upgrade to v1.03, Im assuming the updated files wont over-write any of my libraries for tv shows, movies, etc...or anything I have scraped?

I havent played a movie yet as Im still on the hunt for Component cables for my XBOX but do take your word for the issues in the previous versions.

On last question (for this post that is) is there a reason why the Pictures doesnt have an update screen comparable to how TV Shows or Movies has once there is new data or stuff installed? I was wondering if somethign similiar could be implemented in a future release or is that soemthing outside the scope of XBMC/Transperancy

- grupy - 2009-08-06

ronie Wrote:lol! i'm the biggest game n00b in the world.
i don't even know what arcade is....

the coin slots where you play a video game or pinball...Cool

- ronie - 2009-08-06

whipper Wrote:In programs, program plugins, there's launcher. Isn't that the same thing?

well i guess you've installed it, not me. ;-)

whipper Wrote:Found that launcher thread, still to stupid to get it to work though! Looks good though. I'll bug them a bitShocked

yup, that's got nothing to do with the skin, and there's nothing Transparency! can do to make it work for you.

whipper Wrote:MAME is a emulator program to play old arcade games on.

i see... ;-)

- ronie - 2009-08-07

grupy Wrote:the coin slots where you play a video game or pinball...Cool

last time i played pinball, it was on a ZX81 ;-)

- whipper - 2009-08-07

[quote=ronie]well i guess you've installed it, not me. ;-)

Wierd wasn't me just seemed to be there. Might be the XBMC build I've got Huh?
Thanks though

- ronie - 2009-08-07

grupy Wrote:If I upgrade to v1.03, Im assuming the updated files wont over-write any of my libraries for tv shows, movies, etc...or anything I have scraped?

of course not. :-)

grupy Wrote:On last question (for this post that is) is there a reason why the Pictures doesnt have an update screen comparable to how TV Shows or Movies has once there is new data or stuff installed?

it's because there's no pictures library in xbmc.
it's filemode only, so no need to update anything.

grupy Wrote:I was wondering if somethign similiar could be implemented in a future release or is that soemthing outside the scope of XBMC/Transperancy

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=22407

- paul - 2009-08-07

Hi ronnie just tried your latest release.
And i have to i'm impressed with the overal look it's the only skin so far that could tear me away from Auriga and the only thing that stop's me using it is the lack of decent views(no offence just my oppinion) I would prefer something similar to Aurigas multiplex view but but just have the plot panel poping up to the right of the selected item (like in Horizon4)
And still have all the flags at the bottom. also something like leeuws lowlist view for tv shows,
Then it would hold me at gun point an make me drop Auriga like a Hot potato.

Either way great workSmile

- kmfdm515 - 2009-08-07

ronie, i was wondering how to change 2 things via xml editing:

1) the order of the home menu items after shutting off the unwanted ones in the settings. i've re-ordered them for other skins by editing home.xml...but yours seems different?

2) how hard would it be to manually change a button in the shutdown menu? specifically, changing the 'favorites' button to take you to 'settings' instead?

thanks...

- ronie - 2009-08-07

kmfdm515 Wrote:ronie, i was wondering how to change 2 things via xml editing:

1) the order of the home menu items after shutting off the unwanted ones in the settings. i've re-ordered them for other skins by editing home.xml...but yours seems different?

they are used in the order they're listed in Home.xml.
just check the <content> sections of control 5040 (vertical menu) and 5041 (horizontal menu).

kmfdm515 Wrote:2) how hard would it be to manually change a button in the shutdown menu? specifically, changing the 'favorites' button to take you to 'settings' instead?

in DialogButtonMenu.xml, make the changes in bold to the favourites button:
Code:
<control type="button" id="17">
    <description>Favourites button</description>
    <posx>480</posx>
    <posy>5</posy>
    <width>80</width>
    <height>81</height>
    <texturefocus>shut-favourites-focus.png</texturefocus>
    <texturenofocus>shut-favourites-nofocus.png</texturenofocus>
[b]    <onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(Settings)</onclick>[/b]
    <pulseonselect>yes</pulseonselect>
    <font>-</font>
[b]    <label>5</label>[/b]
    <visible>System.Loggedon</visible>
    <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(Hide_Shutdown_Favourites)</visible>
</control>

- ronie - 2009-08-07

paul Wrote:Hi ronnie just tried your latest release.
And i have to i'm impressed with the overal look it's the only skin so far that could tear me away from Auriga and the only thing that stop's me using it is the lack of decent views(no offence just my oppinion) I would prefer something similar to Aurigas multiplex view but but just have the plot panel poping up to the right of the selected item (like in Horizon4)
And still have all the flags at the bottom. also something like leeuws lowlist view for tv shows,

i guess the slide view in Transparency! is what most resembles Aeons multiplex view. there's been a request before to move the flags to the bottom (could be it was for the coverflow view, i don't remember) so i may play with this idea sometime. moving the info panel to the right instead of the center probably won't happen. at least i wasn't impressed with the way Horizon does this.

as for the tv shows view, i think there are now officially 1583 MODs for Aeon, so i'm afraid i've lost track.
just hit me with a link and i'll have a look.

- yadster - 2009-08-07

ronie Wrote:in DialogButtonMenu.xml, make the changes in bold to the favourites button:
Code:
<control type="button" id="17">
    <description>Favourites button</description>
    <posx>480</posx>
    <posy>5</posy>
    <width>80</width>
    <height>81</height>
    <texturefocus>shut-favourites-focus.png</texturefocus>
    <texturenofocus>shut-favourites-nofocus.png</texturenofocus>
[b]    <onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(Settings)</onclick>[/b]
    <pulseonselect>yes</pulseonselect>
    <font>-</font>
[b]    <label>5</label>[/b]
    <visible>System.Loggedon</visible>
    <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(Hide_Shutdown_Favourites)</visible>
</control>

Thanks for this. Works a treat and it means that I can just have media and weather on the home screen which imho looks better and keeps meddling hands from messing things up. Smile