Kodi Community Forum
Transparency! - v1.03 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Transparency! (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=115)
+----- Thread: Transparency! - v1.03 (/showthread.php?tid=55311)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

- macchina - 2009-08-10

Quote:hmmmm....i'm not sure if 'last played' info is available in xbmc, at least i can't find it. do you know of any skin that is displaying this info ?

Seems to be unavailable in the current xbmc-version. I found no skin using this information. The only thing I found is the column "LastPlayed" in the table "files" in the movie-database......

Macchina

P.S.
Quote:cool! i'm a big tiroler music fan too.
you should see my Zillertaler Schürzenjäger collection. ;-)
I know the Zillertaler, but I don't listen it very much ;-)

- ronie - 2009-08-10

clock2113 Wrote:Would something like this be possible, or would it be beyond the limits of a skin and require reprogramming of XBMC..

Detect the overall color of the fanart behind where the text is, and adjust the font color accordingly... Because movies with dark backgrounds look great, but some white fanarts make it difficult to read any text...

that's just not possible. the only thing i can do is to give you an option to make the skin more opaque. it should be available in one of the future releases.

clock2113 Wrote:Also, what about an option to get rid of the check boxes for watched movies, and instead color the font or bold the font differently?

should be a lot of work, but it is possible.
it's not something 'm planning to do tough, sorry.

clock2113 Wrote:Lastly, is it possible to manually edit an XML file somewhere to change the number of movies shown at a time in fanart view, or is that hardcoded, and something we have to wait for an update for?

i'm not opposed to shortening the list in fanart view to 10 items. but i'm sure others would like it to stay the way it is, or even want a longer list (which is not really possible in the current layout).

the number of items in the list is determined by the height of the list control.
check ViewsVideoLibrary.xml, line 521.
if you decide to change it, you'll also have to slide the panel down a bit more,
this is done by the animation in MyVideoNav.xml
last you'll have to define a new scrollbar that matches the size of a list with 10 items (see Includes.xml).

that should be it.

- JustinAiken - 2009-08-10

ronie Wrote:that's just not possible. the only thing i can do is to give you an option to make the skin more opaque. it should be available in one of the future releases.

No problem... just an idle thought...

Quote:should be a lot of work, but it is possible.
it's not something 'm planning to do tough, sorry.

No problem there either, I'm not even sure if it'd like BOLDed fonts instead of checkboxes, I was just curious to see...

Quote:the number of items in the list is determined by the height of the list control.
check ViewsVideoLibrary.xml, line 521.
if you decide to change it, you'll also have to slide the panel down a bit more,
this is done by the animation in MyVideoNav.xml
last you'll have to define a new scrollbar that matches the size of a list with 10 items (see Includes.xml).

Found the right number to fit exactly 10 in viewvideolibrary, but you tell me what lines to change in the other two?

- kizer - 2009-08-10

Yeah I'd personally would not want less movies shown in FanArt. On my PC and on my BigScreen it looks like more is needed. Wink

As for the text since its white on the Movie info as well as the TV info its sometimes hard to see and the only thing I could personally think of is putting a background behind it say in black that makes the white pop so you could see it easier. Make it somewhat transperent, but darker than the image behind it so the text would show better. I'll survive either way, just a note.

I'm kinda with the guy that mentioned removing check marks for movies. Its kinda well not needed in my opinion, but at the sametime I honor the authors wishes not to want to mess with it since its a lot of work.

- ronie - 2009-08-10

clock2113 Wrote:N
Found the right number to fit exactly 10 in viewvideolibrary, but you tell me what lines to change in the other two?

line 137 in MyVideoNav.xml:
<animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="700,112" time="300" tween="quadratic" easing="out" condition="[Control.IsVisible(55) | Control.IsVisible(56)]">Conditional</animation>
this will affect all the fanart views in the video library!

Includes.xml, line 514. that's the scrollbar used in fanartviews for movies, tv shows and seasons, but not episodes.

- ronie - 2009-08-10

kizer Wrote:Yeah I'd personally would not want less movies shown in FanArt. On my PC and on my BigScreen it looks like more is needed. Wink

more is no option, since the number of items is limited to what fits the background panel.

kizer Wrote:As for the text since its white on the Movie info as well as the TV info its sometimes hard to see and the only thing I could personally think of is putting a background behind it say in black that makes the white pop so you could see it easier. Make it somewhat transperent, but darker than the image behind it so the text would show better. I'll survive either way, just a note.

just display the same background image twice on top of each other is what i had in mind.
should work fine. one is visible by default, the other will be made visible by selecting some skin setting.

kizer Wrote:I'm kinda with the guy that mentioned removing check marks for movies. Its kinda well not needed in my opinion, but at the sametime I honor the authors wishes not to want to mess with it since its a lot of work.

if my todo list ever gets empty, it'll be the first thing i'll look into. ;-)

- JustinAiken - 2009-08-10

ronie Wrote:line 137 in MyVideoNav.xml:
<animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="700,112" time="300" tween="quadratic" easing="out" condition="[Control.IsVisible(55) | Control.IsVisible(56)]">Conditional</animation>
this will affect all the fanart views in the video library!

Includes.xml, line 514. that's the scrollbar used in fanartviews for movies, tv shows and seasons, but not episodes.

Okay, tweaked myviewsnav, now it came down perfect, and looks exactly how I like... in my TV fanarts, I can see Locke's head now Big Grin

Changing the number in includes.xml, line 514, appears to have no affect though... the scrollbar disappears around the time I get down to the N's...

Also, in episode view, the screencap is pushed down... is there a way to have the screencap show correctly, and still see ten items at a time?

I want my cake and to eat it too :p

- whipper - 2009-08-10

ronie Wrote:most likely, it's a launcher problem.

have a look at: userdata/plugin_data/programs/Launcher/launchers.xml
you can define your thumbs there.

in Home.xml, change the two entries of ActivateWindow(Programs,Games)
to XBMC.ActivateWindow(1,plugin://programs/Launcher/)

Thanks Ronie

I managed to change the games button.

Where would I find userdata/plugin_data/programs/Launcher/launchers.xml? I've searched but have been unable to locate it? Sorry Novice!

- flipped cracker - 2009-08-10

ronie Wrote:nevermind, figured it out.

if anyone has the same problem, here's the updated font: teen-normal.ttf

just put it in Transparency!/fonts and, as always, restart xbmc.
i was wondering if you could add or did add an upside down question mark to the font?

- ronie - 2009-08-10

flipped cracker Wrote:i was wondering if you could add or did add an upside down question mark to the font?

i did add the upside down question mark and exclamation mark.

- ronie - 2009-08-10

whipper Wrote:Thanks Ronie

I managed to change the games button.

Where would I find userdata/plugin_data/programs/Launcher/launchers.xml? I've searched but have been unable to locate it? Sorry Novice!

sorry, but please seek help in the Launcher thread.
i really don't have the time to help with everyone's plugins, scripts and whatever xbmc related issues.

this thread is support for Transparency! only.

hope you understand. :-)

- whipper - 2009-08-10

No probs mate. Sorry. You've been more than helpful. I've posted there but still waiting....

I'll try keep it to Transparency questionsBlush

- flipped cracker - 2009-08-10

ronie Wrote:i did add the upside down question mark and exclamation mark.
i just realized i had meant to say exclamation point. thanks!

i may also need "æ" or "Æ"

- grupy - 2009-08-10

Im using v1.3 and for some albums cdart.png works great but for some albums the cdart.png doesnt. Is there a reason for this? Im reduced cdart.png to a smaller file, so it doesnt appear to be the file size.

File structure is: F:\MP3\Artist\Album\cdart.png

Im using transparency! on xbox and am using a nightly build.

also, my time and settings dont seem to stick, despite the fact i change the settings frequently to the proper time zone and region...any suggestions for this?

- joebrady - 2009-08-10

Make sure your Artist and Album folder names exactly match those in the XBMC library. (When transfering folder/files over to the xbox, some can be truncated or have characters changed due to FATX limitations)

Does your time/date stick when using other skins?