Kodi Community Forum
Transparency! - v1.03 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Transparency! (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=115)
+----- Thread: Transparency! - v1.03 (/showthread.php?tid=55311)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

new feature - ronie - 2009-08-24

another long outstanding request will soon be available, finetune the transparency level of the skin:

- nessus - 2009-08-24

SOLVED !!!

Well...it was not the XBMC build (i did a update) or the scrolling plot. At least not for me.

In my case the problem was in the guisettings.xml file in the line:
Quote:<setting type="bool" name="Transparency! 1.03.animate_skin">true</setting>
I've change this the "true" to "false" and now the slide info is working fine.

Thanks all for your help
Nessus

P.S1. for ronie
Ronie can i make some small request's....? :o :
1. How can i have 5 (now are 3) recently added items on the home screen and make them appear in the top right corner of the screen ?

2. I have split my movies in "Movies" and "Kids Movies" by making playlist's and making appear in the home screen by editing the home.xml. What do i have to edit so i can have and in those entry's (playlist's with extension .xsp like "kids.xsp") recently added items on the home screen ?

3. Can i increase the time that the slide info appears ?

P.S2. for ronie
By the way...outstanding skin. After i installed and see it i deleted all the others...Nod

- grupy - 2009-08-24

ronie Wrote:another long outstanding request will soon be available, finetune the transparency level of the skin:

very nice feature! Cool

how many more features or fixes do you have left before the next release? Wink

- ronie - 2009-08-24

grupy Wrote:how many more features or fixes do you have left before the next release? Wink

lol!
don't worry, i've decided to upload a beta version in a few days.
i've changed a whole lot of code around and as a result there will be some new bugs i'm afraid.
so i REALLY need some help finding these!

- ronie - 2009-08-24

nessus Wrote:SOLVED !!!

Well...it was not the XBMC build (i did a update) or the scrolling plot. At least not for me.

In my case the problem was in the guisettings.xml file in the line:

I've change this the "true" to "false" and now the slide info is working fine.

thanx for reporting back!
i can confirm the same happens to me when disabling skin animations.
pretty weird...

nessus Wrote:Ronie can i make some small request's....? :o :
1. How can i have 5 (now are 3) recently added items on the home screen and make them appear in the top right corner of the screen ?

1 learn how to do some skinning yourself ;-)
2 read this entire thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=53396
3 modify the recently added script line in Includes.xml to fetch 5 items instead of 3
4 modify the recently added lists in Home.xml to contain 5 items instead of 3
5 resize the background of the recently added sections in Home.xml
6 change the <posx> and <posy> values of the recently added sections in Home.xml to move it to the top right.
7 for the rest, you're on your own.

nessus Wrote:2. I have split my movies in "Movies" and "Kids Movies" by making playlist's and making appear in the home screen by editing the home.xml. What do i have to edit so i can have and in those entry's (playlist's with extension .xsp like "kids.xsp") recently added items on the home screen ?

i really have no clue, sorry.

nessus Wrote:3. Can i increase the time that the slide info appears ?

ah, at last an easy question ;-)
just increase the System.IdleTime(2) value on line 841.
(or the delay value on line 837, if you're using the modified code from above)

- thonton - 2009-08-24

ronie Wrote:another long outstanding request will soon be available, finetune the transparency level of the skin:

great ronie! Shocked Big Grin

- francyboy - 2009-08-24

ronie Wrote:lol!
don't worry, i've decided to upload a beta version in a few days.
i've changed a whole lot of code around and as a result there will be some new bugs i'm afraid.
so i REALLY need some help finding these!

Can't wait ! I will join the bug hunter team Laugh

- topkat - 2009-08-24

As I saw your weather-screenshot: Do you plan to support the recently implemented weather-plugin-system?

Filename instead of name - pko66 - 2009-08-24

Hello, Ronnie! Great skin, the first one I tried that I intend to keep instead of PM3.HD!

I've always used file mode for a number of reasons, but now that I have all my tv shows correctly ".nfoed", I am thinking of using library mode that allows some visual improvements. The problem I find is that I have a number of versions of a given episode: original language with subtitles, dubbed one, HD version (that does not play on XBOX), SD version... the problem is, in library mode all appear with the same name and I do not know how to select the version I want; maybe using that media tags could solve it, but I do not want to tag hundreds of files! If xbmc showed the file name instead of the name of the episode, the problem would be solved for me. Is it possible? How could I change the skin to do that?

Thank you for your awesome work.

- Adam B. - 2009-08-24

pko66 Wrote:Hello, Ronnie! Great skin, the first one I tried that I intend to keep instead of PM3.HD!

I've always used file mode for a number of reasons, but now that I have all my tv shows correctly ".nfoed", I am thinking of using library mode that allows some visual improvements. The problem I find is that I have a number of versions of a given episode: original language with subtitles, dubbed one, HD version (that does not play on XBOX), SD version... the problem is, in library mode all appear with the same name and I do not know how to select the version I want; maybe using that media tags could solve it, but I do not want to tag hundreds of files! If xbmc showed the file name instead of the name of the episode, the problem would be solved for me. Is it possible? How could I change the skin to do that?

Thank you for your awesome work.

Could you not just use the media tagging feature in XBMC and look at the tag icons for each file to find the information you want?

- ronie - 2009-08-24

topkat Wrote:As I saw your weather-screenshot: Do you plan to support the recently implemented weather-plugin-system?

you're a bit late to the party ;-)
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=384322&postcount=458

- ronie - 2009-08-24

pko66 Wrote:I've always used file mode for a number of reasons, but now that I have all my tv shows correctly ".nfoed", I am thinking of using library mode that allows some visual improvements. The problem I find is that I have a number of versions of a given episode: original language with subtitles, dubbed one, HD version (that does not play on XBOX), SD version... the problem is, in library mode all appear with the same name and I do not know how to select the version I want; maybe using that media tags could solve it, but I do not want to tag hundreds of files! If xbmc showed the file name instead of the name of the episode, the problem would be solved for me. Is it possible? How could I change the skin to do that?

depends on which viewmode you're using.
here's how to do it for the fanart view,
in ViewsVideoLibrary.xml, find the episodefanartview section
and change ListItem.Label to ListItem.filename in both the itemlayout and focusedlayout.

- stokedfish - 2009-08-24

ronie Wrote:iyou probably can't, so just assuming that 'Transparency! seems to have many bugs and/or unexpected behaviours' wasn't quite the best way to put it imo.

Yeah, I apologize.

That patch you mentioned...does it enable music fanart for all nodes or "only" for the album level? Is there any reason why it has not found its way to SVN yet? Does it need more testing? Can I help out? How? Just wondering...

Transparency! with fanart is awesome. I so hope xbmc music fanart support will improve soon! Smile

- ronie - 2009-08-24

stokedfish Wrote:Yeah, I apologize.

no worries... ;-)

stokedfish Wrote:That patch you mentioned...does it enable music fanart for all nodes or "only" for the album level? Is there any reason why it has not found its way to SVN yet? Does it need more testing? Can I help out? How? Just wondering...

song node too. i'm not 100% sure about the 'recent' 'years' 'genres' etc.. nodes, i can't remember. i've already moved on to the next patch :-)

don't know if it needs more testing, but it certainly wouldn't hurt.
i you want to test it yourself, do a svn checkout, apply the patch and compile.

- amet - 2009-08-24

Hi,

Well done on the beta release....

I am testing it right now... So far only one issue but it has been posted, not showing the fanart.

Is the transparency level of the skin feature been implemented yet?

Keep up the good work.

Zeljko