Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Remote for Android - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Kodi Remote for Android Official Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=129)
+---- Thread: XBMC Remote for Android (/showthread.php?tid=55346)

- mikkle - 2009-10-12

Issue 25 created, patch atttached :]
The settings-checking were already in there. Details on the app site.

:O) Mikkle

- seaweeduk - 2009-10-12

Loving the latest update the UI is very slick indeed fantastic work no problems at all to report so far this is going to make many people very happy when it hits the market.

My only current feature request is the only thing I've really missed since previously using the inferior XBMC remote on the android market is being able to glance at the remote and see the current elapsed and remaining time on a video or song.

Is there anyway this could be integrated into the main remote UI rather than just the now playing part which I usually only look at when listening to music.

Nice work - Ibsta - 2009-10-12

hey doods

Nice work.

have been tracking this the last few weeks since I was contemplating building my own app, but no need now i guess. few issues i had though:

1) Phone volume buttons dont work on my phone. As a suggestion: I reckon soft volumn buttons would be a good idea too.

2) XBMC closes when I go in to music view. from other posts on this forum i assume it has something to do with the app not being able to get album covers?

3) the remote does not seem to work at all.

I am using the HTC Magic G2. I have installed previous versions of the app but i uninstalled prior to installing your latest release last night. Could my problem have anything to do with previous installations. anything i can do to clean up previous insalls?

keep up the good work

cheers

- the_alien - 2009-10-12

Did you activate the event server in xbmc and checked that other computers can connect? Both are settings in xbmc under network.
Phone volume buttons won't work too if the event server isn't running.

- freezy - 2009-10-12

Ibsta Wrote:hey doods

Nice work.

have been tracking this the last few weeks since I was contemplating building my own app, but no need now i guess. few issues i had though:

1) Phone volume buttons dont work on my phone. As a suggestion: I reckon soft volumn buttons would be a good idea too.

2) XBMC closes when I go in to music view. from other posts on this forum i assume it has something to do with the app not being able to get album covers?

3) the remote does not seem to work at all.

I am using the HTC Magic G2. I have installed previous versions of the app but i uninstalled prior to installing your latest release last night. Could my problem have anything to do with previous installations. anything i can do to clean up previous insalls?

keep up the good work

cheers

So basically it doesn't work at all. Smile

As the_alien mentioned, make sure you enabled "Allow other computer to connect" in the event server options. I think that's the problem concerning the remote control.

For 2) it would be great if you could post a issue ticket on our Google Code page. Please also include which version you are using, if you were compiling the latest from SVN by yourself there is indeed a risk of a crash.

- topfs2 - 2009-10-12

seaweeduk Wrote:Loving the latest update the UI is very slick indeed fantastic work no problems at all to report so far this is going to make many people very happy when it hits the market.

My only current feature request is the only thing I've really missed since previously using the inferior XBMC remote on the android market is being able to glance at the remote and see the current elapsed and remaining time on a video or song.

Is there anyway this could be integrated into the main remote UI rather than just the now playing part which I usually only look at when listening to music.

I like this idea, will put it in feature requests.

- freezy - 2009-10-12

In my opinion that's what the "Now playing" screen is for. And no worries, it'll be as pretty as the remote control soon. And you'll probably have more controls there too.

- StarChild - 2009-10-12

Tried to install v0.5.0 on my HTC Magic and got the message "XBMC Remote could not be installed on this phone".
v0.3.5.1 Installed and working
v0.4.1 Installed but crash on start.

- the_alien - 2009-10-12

Did you have a previous version installed when trying to install 0.5?
If yes, deinstall it and try to install 0.5.

- nurriz - 2009-10-12

I had the "XBMC Remote could not be installed on this phone" on my phone. Removing 0.4.1 before installation solved it.

- StarChild - 2009-10-12

the_alien Wrote:Did you have a previous version installed when trying to install 0.5?
If yes, deinstall it and try to install 0.5.

That worked! Thanx.
Another problem; I don't really fully understand to setup the remote, so its wrong settings here and there, then the remote hang when trying to connect.
I need to uninstall it and install it again to be able to access the settings again.

//Best regards StarChild

- the_alien - 2009-10-12

You don't need to uninstall it, just hit the Menu button and go to settings.

- StarChild - 2009-10-12

the_alien Wrote:You don't need to uninstall it, just hit the Menu button and go to settings.

I can't hit the menu button when it hangs. And as it tries to autoconnect on start I cant do anything else then uninstall it.

- the_alien - 2009-10-12

Strange, you should be able to do so, as the connecting is asynch...

- hotzenplotz5 - 2009-10-12

Quote:You don't need to uninstall it, just hit the Menu button and go to settings.
same here, you cant hit menu button, if you try do connect with the wrong settings.
impossible to restart, because the app tries to autoconnect at the next start.
only way is to remove the app, and install it again