Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Remote for Android - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Kodi Remote for Android Official Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=129)
+---- Thread: XBMC Remote for Android (/showthread.php?tid=55346)

- topfs2 - 2009-10-23

Honestly I think a better way of integrating the now playing in all views is to probably make it available in the notification bar, then one could drag that down and press on the icon and you'll get bumped right into the nowplaying, that wouldn't clutter the GUI and would work good IMHO, but not in remote, but then again how usefull is it in remote since your probably watching the telly anyway Smile

- seaweeduk - 2009-10-23

the_alien Wrote:It's on the issue list to get all context menus on all screens right. Smile

Ok cool didn't see that, completely understandable that there's some inconsistencies currently Smile

Looking forward to testing any future developments

- seaweeduk - 2009-10-23

topfs2 Wrote:Honestly I think a better way of integrating the now playing in all views is to probably make it available in the notification bar, then one could drag that down and press on the icon and you'll get bumped right into the nowplaying, that wouldn't clutter the GUI and would work good IMHO, but not in remote, but then again how usefull is it in remote since your probably watching the telly anyway Smile

I also really like this idea, pressing menu and now playing still isn't a big deal for me though it was just pressing back twice that I didn't like. That said I think having it in the notication bar would be more polished and handy when I don't have the remote itself open, its the kind of feature that would need to be optional though as I'm sure some users would want to keep the notification space free, personally I'm definitely in favour.

It would be nice if when I returned to music view from now playing it remembered what I was last viewing this is my only minor annoyance currently.

- freezy - 2009-10-23

Menus are not at all done yet, I didn't even bother to look at it. There will of course be some logic, but we'll have to figure that out first. Probably the next point on TODO, but it still has to wait a week until I'm back.

Notification bar sounds better to me. Reopen another ticket for that.

- StarChild - 2009-10-24

*deleted*
Forget what I said.

- WoberT - 2009-10-25

I installed the app yesterday and it worked like a charm, some socket timeouts and a few force close but hey it´s not finished yet so I was satisfied. But now when I try to start the app today it does a force close instantly, cant do anything.. it just closes down.

- seaweeduk - 2009-10-25

WoberT Wrote:I installed the app yesterday and it worked like a charm, some socket timeouts and a few force close but hey it´s not finished yet so I was satisfied. But now when I try to start the app today it does a force close instantly, cant do anything.. it just closes down.

If you can get a debugging log it would be great

- StarChild - 2009-10-25

*delete*

- WoberT - 2009-10-25

seaweeduk Wrote:If you can get a debugging log it would be great

I uninstalled the app and installed it again, and it´s working for the moment. I get force close sometimes but not as it was earlier when I couldn´t start it at all. I actually dont know how to send a debug log but if you tell me how I will do it if the problem occurs again.

- the_alien - 2009-10-26

Hi WoberT,
you can either use adb: http://developer.android.com/guide/developing/tools/adb.html
or send the log with log via logcollector, you'll find it in the market.

Adb would be the better choice imho Smile

Thanks! - JoeBorn - 2009-10-26

Bless you for this app! Playing/browsing music from the phone with the TV off is a great joy! Really a wonderful app (I'm using on a t-mobile G1 if I can be of any help)

- StarChild - 2009-10-28

What does this mean?

"Not sure if it should strictly be part of this enhancement but it would
also be great if the music and when completed video library views return to
their previous position when entering and leaving the now playing view to
avoid having to re-navigate through music folders."

from Issue 51?

- seaweeduk - 2009-10-28

StarChild Wrote:What does this mean?

"Not sure if it should strictly be part of this enhancement but it would
also be great if the music and when completed video library views return to
their previous position when entering and leaving the now playing view to
avoid having to re-navigate through music folders."

from Issue 51?

Basically currently if you are navigating your music library and you select an artist and decide to play a particular album, and then switch to the now playing view to view the cover and skip tracks, when switching back to the music listings you will be back at the artists listing rather than the screen you were on before entering now playing.

It's not a big deal at all but I think its more user friendly to remember the screen you were previously viewing when entering the now playing view rather than having to scroll through the artists list.

For example I often listen to an entire album by an artist and will then want to switch to another album by the same artist, currently this requires scrolling back through the artists list when leaving now playing.

- mikkle - 2009-10-30

Rt. Like "remember view" in XBMC?
For the record, I seem to remember the setting for that being wasted in one of the settings-rework-commits in XBMC. It is now default behaviour (and can not be disabled, I think.)
It should be possible to persist views in remote without too much hassle.

I think it should be posted as a separate feature request, though.

:O) Mikkle

- the_alien - 2009-10-30

When the menus are done you will switch back to the right position in the remote view with the back button.