Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Remote for Android - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Kodi Remote for Android Official Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=129)
+---- Thread: XBMC Remote for Android (/showthread.php?tid=55346)

- StarChild - 2009-12-18

Sweet.
A suggestion would be to insert a default string at the eventserver port, as the port cant be changes thew the xbmc gui anymore.

- freezy - 2009-12-18

Yeah will do. For now you can just leave it blank and it will fill in automatically.

- ccMatrix - 2009-12-19

For some reason it just loads the poster of the first movie and then uses that poster for all movies in my library. Is this just something that isn't completely implemented yet or an error in the app?

- mross22 - 2009-12-19

mross22 Wrote:@ freezy: It does not crash - it says "no movies found". But if I check the movie actors or genres i can see all my movies.

any thoughts?

- stevenz - 2009-12-20

Thanks for the new update freezy et al, great app, really impressive work!

Still no album art... - krl69 - 2009-12-20

krl69 Wrote:First grey/black and then red(the symbol are the same apart from the color).

Tip to improve usability: a way to select default artist or album view in library mode.

Thanx.

Uninstalled ver 0.61 and then installed the 0.62 and still no album art. Just the red empty default cd-cover symbol. Deleted the music library on my htpc and did a full scan to library, but no luck this time either. On my htpc in xbmc, the fanart and album art are ok.

- freezy - 2009-12-20

@ccMatrix: Fixed in SVN.

@mross22: Are you using multiple XBMC instances?

@stevenz: Thanks! Smile

@krl69: Any message telling you that there's no SD card mounted? Then: Is your SD card mounted and is there enough space?

- C-Quel - 2009-12-20

Anyone compiling these fancy dropping the link to latest svn when they do Smile

- freezy - 2009-12-20

As promised, here the bugfix release: Wink

Added: Readded batch-download
Added: Manual cache purge
Fixed: Bug in host provider
Fixed: Don't download if SD card is full (actually <10% free)
Fixed: Wrong movie covers showing up when downloading
Fixed: No movie covers showing up when coming back from detail screen.
Fixed: Movie posters for those who keep all their movies in one folder display correctly.

Download v0.6.3

Okay so basically you can now erase all your cached movie thumbs and re-download them, because now we take a different thumb ID than before. Do do that:
  • Go to the home screen
  • Click on menu
  • Click on Download covers
  • Click on Clear cache

Then re-download all of them. You can also manually delete /xbmc/Video/* on the SD card if you want to keep the album thumbs which are not concerned.

Cheers and keep posting bugs Smile

- C-Quel - 2009-12-20

Thx... my system no longer has the enviroment and i itch for latest android updates as my dog decided my mce remote looked like a marrowbone and ate half of it!

- C-Quel - 2009-12-21

Latest build crashes on both magic and hero I/O Exception (java.net.SocketException) No route to host

EDIT: girlfriends got annoyed with flashing blue light on asrock and switched it off Sad its al GOOD Smile

- freezy - 2009-12-21

There is a BIOS upgrade that removes that frigging light AFAIK Wink

- C-Quel - 2009-12-21

freezy Wrote:There is a BIOS upgrade that removes that frigging light AFAIK Wink

yes goodnight light or something... i do have it installed but the unit is that bloody quiet i like to leave it on so i can see it, and no keyboard attached so a pita to keep changing Smile

- ccMatrix - 2009-12-21

new version works much better. Downloading all movie posters takes really long and frequently gives Socket Timeout messages. Since there is no way to abort the process, the app isn't usable for some time. When I go out with the home key and go back to the remote it will just start at 0%.

Also Space on the sd card now becomes an issue. The original poster images are quite large. Maybe XBMC Remote can just keep the small and medium images on the sd card? I already fear I need a new SD Card if tv shows get implemented Wink

- freezy - 2009-12-21

That's a good idea actually. Only cache small and medium size images and get the hires each time. Care to add a ticket for that?

Anyway the whole batch-download process stops on me too. Kinda sucks, need to debug that thing soon...