Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Aeon65 1.0 (based on Hitched Mod) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [MOD] Aeon65 1.0 (based on Hitched Mod) (/showthread.php?tid=55600)

- mindweaver - 2009-10-15

>>X<<' Wrote:In normal list there is an option to change from slim to big !

Excellent. thank you!

- zzecool - 2009-10-15

Hello !

First i want to say Good Job ! for your skin , cause after extented testing i found it it is the best for me.

But i think there are some fine adjustments that must be done.

As i was playing with the skins i found that maybe a big hint that can make a skin to be better than the others is if there is a chance to enable - disable the new features over the default aeon.

As i said i like you skin most of every other but there is something that i hate ! You have by default in video library (showcase)a letter icon over the movies and i want to see the whole media cover than the cover plus the letter icon ;/ . Imagine now that if there was a way to disable it from the menu Smile and let say enable the "Fast letter" feuture that other skins use.

same goes for the RSS feed in the upper left , the Library Total - Watched movies in the home page, the temprature in the home page (i dont use weather) and more...

Please give us a way to enable-disable your new features making your skin fits every need Big Grin

- phil65 - 2009-10-15

mindweaver Wrote:It's really nice that you have chosen to continue to work on Hitchers mod and create your own.

I have a few questions and bug reports.

1. When I have chosen Multiwall view there is no way to open the Vertical menu
2. is there no setting to change back to the horizontal menu instead of the vertical?
3. Is there a setting to turn off top left RSS?
4. Is there a setting to turn off the stats what show up on top of the main menu when hovering MOVIES, MUSIC, TV-SERIES
5. Is there a setting to rename menu item that you have added on your own? I have added "APPLE MOVIE TRAILERS LITE" but I want it to show "TRAILERS" only.
6. I would like a setting to remove the temperatur from home screen
7. A setting to remove Show name, and episode name on top of multiplex panel would be nice.

other than that Smile great work!

EDIT2: If I change view in any section and then go to settings screen it's all fucked up. Missing text and navigation is off. I have to restart XBMC to get settings screen to display correctly again. It was this error that made the vertical menu to not show on Multiwall. seems that changing views does a lot of damage Smile

2) I removed it because there are so many options now that the horizontal menu isn´t really functional (you cannot see all the menu items)
3) atm only by the global RSS setting
4)also removed for now (but I´ll readd some options perhaps)
5) first rename the Favourite (shutdown menu-->favourites-->context menu--> rename and add it then, should work
6) That´ll stay implemented in my mod
7)Will do that next week I think

Could you test if the skin also breaks when you´ve selected only a few viewtypes?

thx for feedback

- phil65 - 2009-10-15

zzecool Wrote:Hello !

First i want to say Good Job ! for your skin , cause after extented testing i found it it is the best for me.

But i think there are some fine adjustments that must be done.

As i was playing with the skins i found that maybe a big hint that can make a skin to be better than the others is if there is a chance to enable - disable the new features over the default aeon.

As i said i like you skin most of every other but there is something that i hate ! You have by default in video library (showcase)a letter icon over the movies and i want to see the whole media cover than the cover plus the letter icon ;/ . Imagine now that if there was a way to disable it from the menu Smile and let say enable the "Fast letter" feuture that other skins use.

same goes for the RSS feed in the upper left , the Library Total - Watched movies in the home page, the temprature in the home page (i dont use weather) and more...

Please give us a way to enable-disable your new features making your skin fits every need Big Grin

The Letter icon should only be visible when scrolling, restarting xbmc should solve this. If not, deactivate some viewtypes, that could help.
Some of the issues here are very random, so we do not really know what makes the skin (and also the other AEON mods) fail sometimes.
Or you could simply deactivate "fast scrolling letter" in options

- mots - 2009-10-15

Yay, now everything magically works again Big Grin
Only 2 minor complaints regarding the pause-screen:
#1: Why is the progressbar green? Is it supposed to be that way now or is this some ugly bork?
#2: Seems you re-added stoli's "PAUSED"-Overlay, any way to get the classic pause-indicator back?

- stoli - 2009-10-15

mots Wrote:Yay, now everything magically works again Big Grin
Only 2 minor complaints regarding the pause-screen:
#1: Why is the progressbar green? Is it supposed to be that way now or is this some ugly bork?
#2: Seems you re-added stoli's "PAUSED"-Overlay, any way to get the classic pause-indicator back?

If you edit the dialogseekbar.xml you should see where the edits took place to put change the paused screen settings. Most all of my edits have comments beginning <!-- Stoli - and a brief explanation of what I changed. As for the progress bar, you can download the white graphics here. Just save them to the /media/osd folder in the skin.

temmi2000 Wrote:2) I removed it because there are so many options now that the horizontal menu isn´t really functional (you cannot see all the menu items)
3) atm only by the global RSS setting
4)also removed for now (but I´ll readd some options perhaps)
5) first rename the Favourite (shutdown menu-->favourites-->context menu--> rename and add it then, should work
6) That´ll stay implemented in my mod
7)Will do that next week I think

Could you test if the skin also breaks when you´ve selected only a few viewtypes?

thx for feedback

2. It's ok, I understand. I like the popout menues! I didn't see them at first because they also get deactivated when I change viewtypes.

3.I would really like a setting for this since I think it is too much. ruins the nice design of Aeon

4. I'm hoping that the setting will come! (these values does also get lost if I change a viewtype)

5. Thanks Smile

6. I can totally live with that then.

7. great!

I have tried. If I change one or more does not mather. the whole skin goes crazy afterwards. tv series and movies loose their info and much more. can provide screens of what happens if you want.

- mots - 2009-10-15

stoli Wrote:If you edit the dialogseekbar.xml you should see where the edits took place to put change the paused screen settings. Most all of my edits have comments beginning <!-- Stoli - and a brief explanation of what I changed. As for the progress bar, you can download the white graphics here. Just save them to the /media/osd folder in the skin.

Thanks, I changed it back Smile Any chance of making those changes optional? I don't want to mess around after every git pull :<

- phil65 - 2009-10-15

mots Wrote:Thanks, I changed it back Smile Any chance of making those changes optional? I don't want to mess around after every git pull :<

I think I will revert to the old white ones, liked them more too.

- phil65 - 2009-10-15

mindweaver Wrote:2. It's ok, I understand. I like the popout menues! I didn't see them at first because they also get deactivated when I change viewtypes.

3.I would really like a setting for this since I think it is too much. ruins the nice design of Aeon

4. I'm hoping that the setting will come! (these values does also get lost if I change a viewtype)

5. Thanks Smile

6. I can totally live with that then.

7. great!

I have tried. If I change one or more does not mather. the whole skin goes crazy afterwards. tv series and movies loose their info and much more. can provide screens of what happens if you want.

keep in mind that you should always restart after changing viewtypes (and other Options like CDCase). Normally it should run stable when not all views are selected.

- stoli - 2009-10-15

mindweaver Wrote:I have tried. If I change one or more does not mather. the whole skin goes crazy afterwards. tv series and movies loose their info and much more. can provide screens of what happens if you want.

If you haven't already, I'd strongly suggest backing up your current guisettings.xml and then delete the original and start fresh and see if that clears things up. With all of the changes that can happen in just a day or two with git updates things can get screwy fast. If that doesn't make a difference, you can just revert back to the old one without having to reset all of your preferences.

- &gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; - 2009-10-15

mindweaver

You should take a look at skinning in the wiki as it pays to delve into the inner workings then you can make changes yourself, look in Includes_Furniture.xml if you don't like the RSS

Skinners cant please everybody including me as we all like different things so it pays to have a little knowledge

- stoli - 2009-10-15

mindweaver Wrote:3. Is there a setting to turn off top left RSS?

Still looking in skin files. Nod
mindweaver Wrote:4. Is there a setting to turn off the stats what show up on top of the main menu when hovering MOVIES, MUSIC, TV-SERIES
Edit Includes_Furniture.xml and remove (or comment) the section between "<!-- Library Totals -->" and "<!-- Time -->" (lines 3 - 137 I believe)
mindweaver Wrote:6. I would like a setting to remove the temperatur from home screen

Also in Includes_Furniture - lines 167 - 186 beginning with "<control type="label" id="70">" and ending with "/<control>"

Note that my line numbers may be off by one or two as I have edited the original prior to cheking for these.

Good Luck!

>>X<<' Wrote:mindweaver

You should take a look at skinning in the wiki as it pays to delve into the inner workings then you can make changes yourself, look in Includes_Furniture.xml if you don't like the RSS

Skinners cant please everybody including me as we all like different things so it pays to have a little knowledge

stoli Wrote:Still looking in skin files. Nod

Edit Includes_Furniture.xml and remove (or comment) the section between "<!-- Library Totals -->" and "<!-- Time -->" (lines 3 - 137 I believe)

Also in Includes_Furniture - lines 167 - 186 beginning with "<control type="label" id="70">" and ending with "/<control>"

Note that my line numbers may be off by one or two as I have edited the original prior to cheking for these.

Good Luck!

Thanks for your comments and help. I know how to do changes but wouldn't they be overwritten the next time I do a git pull? I ask for settings since I don't want to redo customizations everytime there is a great update by Temmi Smile

temmi2000 Wrote:keep in mind that you should always restart after changing viewtypes (and other Options like CDCase). Normally it should run stable when not all views are selected.

Yeah, it's no big problem. But one should be able to change between views to test them out without having to restart XBMC after each change Smile

This didn't happen to Hitchers versions.