Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Aeon65 1.0 (based on Hitched Mod) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [MOD] Aeon65 1.0 (based on Hitched Mod) (/showthread.php?tid=55600)

- mindweaver - 2009-10-15

Another question. In movie multiplex view, movie info panel. Where are the controls to change movie poster and fanart?

- AnalogKid - 2009-10-16

It seems...

That depending on how folks like to have their views set up.... it can be almost impossible to get them 100% correct sometimes.
Because changing views with this skin can sometimes cause strange behaviour, it's recommended to restart XBMC after a view change... but even doing this, it would appear that glitches can occur (eg. missing items in the view options, forgetting the last view used and reverting back to list or info window being invisible (you can hear the navigation clicks but the window / control isn't seen on screen).

This is without doubt a fabulous skin (in my eyes), but these strange glitches are causing a real headache at times. I don't really know the code, but it's as if somewhere in the UI two things are using the same setting from guisettings.xml and conflicting with each other.... so you setup a view in Music and discover it's screwed up a view elsewhere. (I have yet to PROVE this is the cause, but the effects are definitely there!)

If these small issues could be resolved, I think the skin would be as close to perfect as can be (amongst the current crop of skins).

I would still also like to recommend the CDart technique used by Ronie... where the path to music is selected by the skin, and the cdart images stored side by side with the album, rather than nested below the skin. This makes for a more skin agnostic solution and makes more logical sense to have artwork stored side by side with the media... but this is just my view. It still works in the current format perfectly well!

As ever, great work... it's really appreciated that someone's taking the best of Aeon mods and presenting them in this skin pack!

- phil65 - 2009-10-16

mindweaver Wrote:Yeah, it's no big problem. But one should be able to change between views to test them out without having to restart XBMC after each change Smile

This didn't happen to Hitchers versions.

Hitcher didn´t implement the option to deselect views. I had the same when changing options like CD/DVD case mod. It´s very hard to say what´s the reason for these visibility bugs, but I really think it is a xbmc bug and not skin-related. would be outstanding if someone could figure out the reason for this.

- paul - 2009-10-16

Hi temmi under fanart settings there is a setting for Year Icons i assume it's got something to do with the oscar icons but what is this supposed to do as i have it set to on but i see nothing extra showing in any views? Could you clarify please.
No doubt i have overlooked something but can't think what:confused2:

- Ram2000 - 2009-10-16

Looking good temmi thanks again for all the hard work your putting into this mod can I just Ask if you ever got round to implementing THIS
I REALLY do not want to replicate all my albums in the skin folder.

- phil65 - 2009-10-16

Ram2000 Wrote:Looking good temmi thanks again for all the hard work your putting into this mod can I just Ask if you ever got round to implementing THIS
I REALLY do not want to replicate all my albums in the skin folder.

I´ll implement an option for that I think, with a)album level fanart b)artist level, c) black background for musicvis or d) for your normal music section background.

- ederson - 2009-10-16

I`ve read your post temmi in the thread about EKIM232`s mod. Could you tell me which of his changes you plan to include to your mod?

(pls say the multi-fanart Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin )

- abiogenesis - 2009-10-16

Hallo temmi2000,

thank you for this great skin. I´m glade to see, you include anoobis mod2.
Please, can you include anoobis mod3? Then the skin would be perfect.

best regards

- Phuqz - 2009-10-16

Temmi, thanks for the fixes Smile super fast work!

- stoli - 2009-10-16

Is anyone using (successfully) the playlist at startup feature of this skin? I have it working fine in other skins but can't for the life of me get it to work here...

EDIT: Never mind - got it fixed.

Fixed startup.xml

Thanks,

- fnwc - 2009-10-17

stoli Wrote:Is anyone using (successfully) the playlist at startup feature of this skin? I have it working fine in other skins but can't for the life of me get it to work here...

EDIT: Never mind - got it fixed.

Fixed startup.xml

Thanks,

Curiously, are these getting posted to the github build?

- Nick8888 - 2009-10-17

Tried this skin last night. Even though I was coming off the original skin I was very very impressed. Definitely my new default. Although I have one request, in the videofiles - list view. Instead of seeing the imdb starrating on the right side of the list it would be good if you could replace it with the label for show titles on tv channels. Im not talking about anything to do with the pvr branch.. just the current implementation of myth and hts sources. It is what is standard in the PMIII HD skin and looks like this:

Channel 1 Current Show Title
Channel 2 Current Show Title
Channel 3 Current Show Title

Instead of

Channel 1 IMDB Starrating
Channel 2 IMDB Starrating
Channel 3 IMDB Starrating

I tried looking through the viewtype-list file but got lost.

Other than this Ive got no other problems with using this skin as default. Thanks!

- stoli - 2009-10-17

fnwc Wrote:Curiously, are these getting posted to the github build?

94.2% Big Grin of the time they do. It's up to Temmi to decide if he likes the little updates the rest up us do. I'll update my git tomorrow and then we will see... Big Grin

- fnwc - 2009-10-17

stoli Wrote:94.2% of the time they do. It's up to Temmi to decide if he likes the little updates the rest up us do. I'll update my git tomorrow and then we will see... Big Grin

Ah... it seems like if you're doing a lot of bug fixes, that you two should be working together. Just my opinion, though Smile.

- stoli - 2009-10-17

I do what I can here and there, but Temmi is the one doing all the work to make it smooth for the rest of us

EDIT: Just to qualify my statement, Temmi has/is fixing 99% of the bugs that are found.