Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Aeon65 1.0 (based on Hitched Mod) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [MOD] Aeon65 1.0 (based on Hitched Mod) (/showthread.php?tid=55600)

- warwon - 2009-10-21

Two things:

Corrupt menus either in movies, tv shows, or home settings.

It seems fine then goes funny...

Second for movie genre, not backgrounds.

You still have it set to *.bmp in the genre settings, can we get it switched to *.jpg; I hate always rewriting the code.

I mean it's easy but jpg seems normal..

- johoja - 2009-10-21

has anyone ever had a problem with a recntly added widget not playing a file ? i keep getting this error, ERROR: Keymapping error: no such action 'playmedia()' defined

when i restart xbmc i'll be able to play files from the widget for a little while, after some time, (not sure what causes it). I start to get the same error as above again.

- phil65 - 2009-10-22

johoja Wrote:has anyone ever had a problem with a recntly added widget not playing a file ? i keep getting this error, ERROR: Keymapping error: no such action 'playmedia()' defined

when i restart xbmc i'll be able to play files from the widget for a little while, after some time, (not sure what causes it). I start to get the same error as above again.

I have that too (it´s a python script/xbmc issue, so I cannot do anything about it atm)

- warwon - 2009-10-22

Odd there's no information in the info pane for movie info.

It doesn't even allow a person to change wallpaper, or thumbs.

It's all blank, worked on the old hitcher skin no problems.

- popper - 2009-10-22

Nice skin here, Moved over from using showmix exclusively. This has everything I want except for some annoying bugs.

In the music, whilst browsing albums, using low list. I find albums with really long names run into the info on the right hand side. (the titles are correctly clipped in the list view, but when the wide view comes on, the titles aren't clipped anymore).

Also, I'm also getting the bug where, as soon as I start XBMC I can't use the arrow keys to move around the menu. To fix this, I have to go to the menu pressing 's' then back, or moving the mouse also fixes it.

- phil65 - 2009-10-22

popper Wrote:Nice skin here, Moved over from using showmix exclusively. This has everything I want except for some annoying bugs.

In the music, whilst browsing albums, using low list. I find albums with really long names run into the info on the right hand side. (the titles are correctly clipped in the list view, but when the wide view comes on, the titles aren't clipped anymore).

Also, I'm also getting the bug where, as soon as I start XBMC I can't use the arrow keys to move around the menu. To fix this, I have to go to the menu pressing 's' then back, or moving the mouse also fixes it.

the lowlist label should be fixed now,
the other issue is SVN-related, it works correctly with older SVNs

- sialivi - 2009-10-23

Nitpicking:
The menu in the "Settings / Media Browsers" screen doesn't wrap around to the top when pressing down from the last menu item ("Viewtype Options")

Edit: Thanks for the quick fix Smile

- sialivi - 2009-10-23

Bug in multiplex view:
If you press down to reveal the scrollbar, pressing up doesn't hide it again. You have to press down again to first hide the entire movie navigation UI and then press up to return your focus to the movie strip.

- mindweaver - 2009-10-23

Thank you for the options to turn off home menu library stats and global rss. I belive that for it to be a more successful mod you have to keep it clean as default but serve the users all your new goodies as options.

There are still a few things I personally thing bloats this mod in comparison to Hitchers.

I would like an option to get the RSS topic back to white instead of blue. It takes too much focus.

I personally think that six (three on each side) media/studio flags are too much. four was a much cleaner look. A more advanced option page to maybe control the amount 2 or 3 and which flags to bee used would be awesome. I would prefer LEFT: IMDB/ratio & Codec RIGHT: Video res(1080/720) & Audio type + channels. I prefer these because they are always present. Ratings and studio flags does not always get picked up and it looks off balance when not all (4) are displaying. (talking about movies in multiplex view)

Then I think I speak on behalf of all plasma users when I request the nicely looking albumart + now playing info to fade out when running visualization.

Why is the progressbar green? Like an old windows background. That can't be intentional is it? I want the white clean one back if possible Smile

An option to remove the ENORMOUS PAUSED-text when pausing a video would also be nice. Too bloated imo.

I hope that you don't get offended by my suggestions. You are doing a great job. I just really want to use your mod but there are a few things, as I have mentioned, that keeps me changing back to the more cleaner (but less feature full) Aeon Hitched.

- snowdrift - 2009-10-23

mindweaver Wrote:Then I think I speak on behalf of all plasma users when I request the nicely looking albumart + now playing info to fade out when running visualization.

I think you can already do this by pressing 'i'. Mine drops away and only reappears for a few seconds when the track changes. If you press 'i' again its there permanently again.

snowdrift Wrote:I think you can already do this by pressing 'i'. Mine drops away and only reappears for a few seconds when the track changes. If you press 'i' again its there permanently again.

That worked fine on original Hitcher but not here :/

- >>X<< - 2009-10-23

Personally I like the flags as they are, have you considered doing the flags yourself not exactly the most difficult thing to do if I can manage to change things as a newbie to XBMC I'm pretty sure it should be a doddle for someone who's been registered since 2004 Laugh

I use this mod because it has subtle differences from hitchers, there wont be any point if it starts to look the same

Don't take this the wrong way as I'm not having a go at you Smile

>>X<<' Wrote:Personally I like the flags as they are, have you considered doing the flags yourself not exactly the most difficult thing to do if I can manage to change things as a newbie to XBMC I'm pretty sure it should be a doddle for someone who's been registered since 2004

I use this mod because it has subtle differences from hitchers, there wont be any point if it starts to look the same

Don't take this the wrong way as I'm not having a go at you

I actually started making studio flags a while back but gave up since it seems that IMDB doesn't list the major studio in the studio field but instead in most cases listed some obscure studio. And it is really hard finding logos for them. I gave an example some while ago where both Universal and and another major production company was present in the opening credits but instead the studio tag was populated by studio not even mentioned in the movie Smile I would love to sit down and create studio flags for all my missing studios, but that require them having a logo available on the web.

I wonder why almost no studios has their own website and logo online. it's freaking 2009 Smile

I like the way original hitched looks like, but there are a few great things under the hood of Aeon65 that I want to take advantage of Smile but without destroying the overall feel.

It's ok, I didn't feel like you were attacking me Smile

And I would edit the xmls myself but then I can't take advantage of all new updates temmi does. Can't reenter my own changes after every git pull.

- &gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; - 2009-10-23

I normally go with the company at the intro if I get an obscure one when being scrapped because they are all involved in the release if you look on IMDB it lists them all its only the scrapper grabs the first

I just back up the odd xml I've edited then just replace it after an update

Startup fix - paul - 2009-10-23

Hi for those of you who are still having problems with the skin freezing on startup I have got a crude fix download this replacement home.xml http://www.4shared.com/file/143013091/ff2cadb5/Home.html
And disable in settings Library totals and latest added features, i have not tested this fully but it does make the skin work ok But there may be some other problems i am not aware of so do back up your existing home.xml .
But for now this will suffice until temmi or someone else can find a better solution to the problem. Hint Hint TemmiBig Grin