Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Aeon65 1.0 (based on Hitched Mod) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [MOD] Aeon65 1.0 (based on Hitched Mod) (/showthread.php?tid=55600)

- phil65 - 2009-11-07

Farakh Wrote:Hello guys,

I am trying to use my own fanart in Music library (instead of artist fanart downloaded by xbmc), and as it says in the tutorial I have been looking to place the image as "fanart.jpg" in the album folder and xbmc will pick it up.

My Music path is My Music/Soudtrack/Matrix/fanart.jpg

But I dont see it in Library. I usually use showcase view and have the following options in settings

Fanart:Fanart

Use Album level fanart (on)
Use Artist fanart (off)

Any help appreciated.

Album level fanart only works in musicvis atm, will add it to the library in the near future.

- phil65 - 2009-11-07

Nick8888 Wrote:Hi Temmi,

Im still in love with this mod, however, I've come across a problem for a while now.. when using delete option in context menus, the yes/no prompt does not display the "yes" and "no" labels properly and hence the user does not know which option is focused. I have been able to get by knowing that the default is no however it could potentially lead to someone deleting files unintentionally which is quite dangerous.

This is a major problem especially when removing for example a tv show from the library as xbmc first asks the user to confirm this removal then asks whether the user wants to delete the files permanently, in which case the "yes" and "no" are not visible..

I've had this problem for quite a while so it may be that I need to do a clean install.. try it out and let me know if its just my install..

I also experience that from time to time (although everything seems to run more stable since some days/weeks) . I´ll rework the Yes/No Dialog in the near future I think and do it in the same way ShowMix does (in the newer Screenshots).

- nemrod95 - 2009-11-07

Hello,
I like your mod, thank you Temmi2000
But i have one problem, on music view, with files mode, i have only 2 choices : Wall and list. I can not select Showcase like before.
It's me or it's normal ? thank you in advance

- Fabianius - 2009-11-07

Your modification is very good!

I prefer the big list view, which shows you all the information you want. However, if the description of the episode is too long, the list view looks a bit weird and confusing.

Furthermore, is there a way to scroll the episode description? As you can see, it is often too long to fit the gap. Fortunately, the up and down buttons aren't used in the information dialog. Probably you could assign them to scroll.

Moreover, the reload and the cover button overlay each other in the episode information dialog. Is it possible to avoid this circumstance in all languages or do you have to change the text of the buttons?

Besides, if you're listening to a song or watching a video, you can click ENTER to see the controls. However, if you'd like to close the controls in listening mode, you have to click ESC. In watching mode, BACKSPACE also works.

The appearance of the information dialog is great. It shows you the director, the writer and even the starring (e. g. CHRIS PINE AS JAMES T. KIRK) of the movie or TV series. Could you shrink the AS? It would be easier to distinguish the two names.

CHRIS PINE AS JAMES T. KIRK

By the way, which font do you use for showing the episode description in the list view? Some foreign characters are unusual or even lack. Probably I can add them with a font editor.

I'm looking forward to your next releases!

- mots - 2009-11-07

Does anyone else have the problem with not being able to select project_m as vis? Or more exactly: with having fanart over his visualization?

- phil65 - 2009-11-07

nemrod95 Wrote:Hello,
I like your mod, thank you Temmi2000
But i have one problem, on music view, with files mode, i have only 2 choices : Wall and list. I can not select Showcase like before.
It's me or it's normal ? thank you in advance

possible because I disabled showcase for some content types where it didn´t make sense in my opinion. will look at it next week.

- phil65 - 2009-11-07

mots Wrote:Does anyone else have the problem with not being able to select project_m as vis? Or more exactly: with having fanart over his visualization?

only project_m is making problems? then it´s probably a SVN thing.

- phil65 - 2009-11-07

Fabianius Wrote:Your modification is very good!

I prefer the big list view, which shows you all the information you want. However, if the description of the episode is too long, the list view looks a bit weird and confusing.
Not possible to fix because the reason for the additional lines are because of the newline tags in the description. someone correct me if I´m wrong.

Fabianius Wrote:Furthermore, is there a way to scroll the episode description? As you can see, it is often too long to fit the gap. Fortunately, the up and down buttons aren't used in the information dialog. Probably you could assign them to scroll.
That´s also not possible I think, it should autoscroll if that option is activated in settings.

Fabianius Wrote:Moreover, the reload and the cover button overlay each other in the episode information dialog. Is it possible to avoid this circumstance in all languages or do you have to change the text of the buttons?
That can be fixed, will do that also next week.

Fabianius Wrote:Besides, if you're listening to a song or watching a video, you can click ENTER to see the controls. However, if you'd like to close the controls in listening mode, you have to click ESC. In watching mode, BACKSPACE also works.
can be adjusted in the keymap xmls. take a look in the wiki.
Fabianius Wrote:The appearance of the information dialog is great. It shows you the director, the writer and even the starring (e. g. CHRIS PINE AS JAMES T. KIRK) of the movie or TV series. Could you shrink the AS? It would be easier to distinguish the two names.

CHRIS PINE AS JAMES T. KIRK

no, not possible.

Fabianius Wrote:By the way, which font do you use for showing the episode description in the list view? Some foreign characters are unusual or even lack. Probably I can add them with a font editor.

you tried aeon_fixed fontset?

- mots - 2009-11-07

temmi2000 Wrote:only project_m is making problems? then it´s probably a SVN thing.

Nope, every visualization, it seems as if the visualization is there, but obscured by the fanart...

- phil65 - 2009-11-07

mots Wrote:Nope, every visualization, it seems as if the visualization is there, but obscured by the fanart...

will have to look at it during next week, made some changes there without testing.

btw, thanks to all for bug reporting and and the kind comments, nice to hear that people appreciate the work. keeps me motivated Wink

- kees667 - 2009-11-08

Here is a picture. Just had it again. Booted XBMC, played a tv show episode, and after it stopped the list looked like this:

temmi2000 Wrote:The big/slim list setting was committed some weeks ago. Never experienced your error before, could also be SVN-related I think.
Could you provide a picture?

- phil65 - 2009-11-08

kees667 Wrote:Here is a picture. Just had it again. Booted XBMC, played a tv show episode, and after it stopped the list looked like this:

I don´t think that´s a skin issue..

- phil65 - 2009-11-09

I fixed several bugs, let me know if there are more (or any feature ideas / requests)

- arosequi - 2009-11-09

temmi2000 Wrote:Not possible to fix because the reason for the additional lines are because of the newline tags in the description. someone correct me if I´m wrong.

I had this problem on several episode descriptions -- for me, it was because of the newlines. I made a small program that scanned my db for newlines and replaced them with some other string (I think I used " | ").

I assumed this wasn't a huge problem, since I couldn't find too many people talking about it. If it would be handy, I could try and clean it up and post it somewhere. Let me know if there's any interest in it, and if you would need any features (AFAIK, there are only two arguments you could pass to it: the database path, and the string you want to replace the newlines with. I can't think of much else...)

- jbernardo - 2009-11-09

temmi2000 Wrote:I fixed several bugs, let me know if there are more (or any feature ideas / requests)

Thanks! I just started using your skin, and am still populating the tvshows and movies with fanart, etc, so can't still comment much on the aesthetics.
One thing I noticed this weekend was that I couldn't get the video playing stats (pressing 'O') on x264 videos. On low res videos no problem, on x264/720p the key is ignored.
Is it supposed to work like this?
Thanks!