Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Aeon65 1.0 (based on Hitched Mod) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [MOD] Aeon65 1.0 (based on Hitched Mod) (/showthread.php?tid=55600)

- BDPNA - 2009-11-24

temmi2000 Wrote:Hmm, does the trailer start in the background at least? Do other info trigger settings work? Do the trailers work in other skins? did a clean install?
Cannot reproduce that atm

Temmi - Trailer does not start at all. I assume the select button is supposed to be play or enter? Maybe I am just being thick and there's another button that I should be pressing there. That could be all it is. Maybe I just never used the "select" button before (which I had set to the OK on my harmony I thought). If so, OK does the same thing.

So nope, no background play. I'll pull up the old Showmix and see if the trailers are working there. Stand by.

EDIT: Wish I could tell you what is causing this. Maybe I will take a video. When kiosk mode is off, when I press up, it actually is pulling up the left settings menu. With kiosk mode on, up just takes away the info popup. By the way, in the low list view, the press right to view trailer is working great. I am using a keyboard to test so I know it's not a mapping thing.

Is anyone else using Showmix, Flow layout. Show info panel set to auto, extrathumbs, thin panel, having this issue?

- phil65 - 2009-11-24

BDPNA Wrote:Temmi - Trailer does not start at all. I assume the select button is supposed to be play or enter? Maybe I am just being thick and there's another button that I should be pressing there. That could be all it is. Maybe I just never used the "select" button before (which I had set to the OK on my harmony I thought). If so, OK does the same thing.

So nope, no background play. I'll pull up the old Showmix and see if the trailers are working there. Stand by.

Enter should do it. if not, the problem is most probably elsewhere, because you´ve focused the right button (the "press select" label shows that).

- arosequi - 2009-11-24

temmi2000 Wrote:
arosequi Wrote:I have the Launcher program plugin installed, but I only have two viewtypes available (List and Wall). How difficult would it be to add others (primarily Showcase)? I haven't messed with it in a while, but I thought that I used to have Showcase, like this:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=49403
should be fixed now

Thanks a lot -- it works beautifully! Related question: is it hard to add options to these? The List viewtype is available for plugins (particularly Launcher), but there's no way to make the items small instead of large. Is that as easy as the viewtype addition, or does it involve more work?

- phil65 - 2009-11-24

arosequi Wrote:Thanks a lot -- it works beautifully! Related question: is it hard to add options to these? The List viewtype is available for plugins (particularly Launcher), but there's no way to make the items small instead of large. Is that as easy as the viewtype addition, or does it involve more work?

shouldn´t be too hard, will look at it.

- BDPNA - 2009-11-24

temmi2000 Wrote:Enter should do it. if not, the problem is most probably elsewhere, because you´ve focused the right button (the "press select" label shows that).

Not sure if you saw my edit above, but you're probably right, it must be elsewhere. If I do a clear personal settings might that clean up whatever might be happening? I have noticed some other skins leave residual mess behind.

For example I swear I turned on "fast scrolling" at some point and now I can't find the setting to turn that off. I'm wondering if that or some other setting that's hanging around in the config may be doing something to cause the trailers not to play.

I do want to make it clear, that with kiosk mode turned off, pressing the up arrow does not activate the trailer, but instead goes right to the config menu. Only turning kiosk mode on will allow up to get to the "press select" text in the trailer box.

- BDPNA - 2009-11-24

By the way temmi did you merge with another git branch a while back? I remember there was another mod, along with Aeon65, that I was grabbing based off Hitched. Now it seems like the changes are mirroring themselves (except the one branch seems to have some german text in the config menus) but when Aeon65 has file changes, this other branch seems to as well.

The reason I bring this up is, when I pull up that skin, the trailers work just great. Interesting.

- phil65 - 2009-11-24

BDPNA Wrote:Not sure if you saw my edit above, but you're probably right, it must be elsewhere. If I do a clear personal settings might that clean up whatever might be happening? I have noticed some other skins leave residual mess behind.

For example I swear I turned on "fast scrolling" at some point and now I can't find the setting to turn that off. I'm wondering if that or some other setting that's hanging around in the config may be doing something to cause the trailers not to play.

I do want to make it clear, that with kiosk mode turned off, pressing the up arrow does not activate the trailer, but instead goes right to the config menu. Only turning kiosk mode on will allow up to get to the "press select" text in the trailer box.

backup and delete your guisettings.xml and see if that helps.

- BDPNA - 2009-11-24

Found one more bug - If you select "show source instead of codec" the source is showing but the codec icon doesn't hide. Again this bug was duplicated in the other version of this skin I am using. It looks like a lot of the code is being mirrored but there are minor differences. Aeon65 seems more polished to me, if I could only get this darn trailer thing figured out. I'll keep trying to see what I am doing to cause it.

Resetting the skin and losing all my settings didn't fix it unfortunately.

- BDPNA - 2009-11-24

Deleting guisettings altogether doesn't seem to be liked by this beta, xbmc won't even start when it has to create a new one (it creates it, then crashes). Maybe if I just find all the Aeon65 references in guisettings, manually remove them, and try to re-initialize the skin?

Or are you thinking there might be something else in guisettings from one of the other skins I have been experimenting with that's causing this glitch?

It must be something unique to what I'm doing since you or no one else sees it.

- Dignam - 2009-11-24

BDPNA Wrote:For example I swear I turned on "fast scrolling" at some point and now I can't find the setting to turn that off.

If your still looking for it:
Settings/Customize/Media Browsers/View Type Options

I also tried to duplicate your trailer issue and could not.

- Dignam - 2009-11-24

I was playing around with more of the views tonight and noticed on low list text does not scroll if you display the Info tab or the plot tab.

Also I was curious how easy it was to change what info is displayed on the Info view on that one. For example if I wanted to change the Written by: to Cast: would that be doable?

**************************************************************************************************************************

Also noticed if you go into the Movie Info level nothing scrolls so a film with a long plot there is no way to read it all.

I have also tried turning on/off the "Allow scrolling for plot/bio/review info" option but I cant seem to find where it does anything.

- sialivi - 2009-11-24

temmi2000 Wrote:fixed (in a different way)

Some feedback:

I'm not thrilled by this change. I was perfectly happy with the poster image in the episode level of the video info screen (other than the thumbnail sliding in behind it) but I can live with having the thumbnail there instead. However, I'm not a fan of having the image rotated around the y-axis. It works for things like coverflow since the rotated images are just previews of what's next or previous in the list and the image in focus is still flat, but when it's just a single screenshot like here it makes more sense to have a flat view of the image. In coverflow it serves a purpose but here it feels like an unnecessary distortion of the image for the sake of effect.

In short: I would rather have the thumbnail image flat, or have the option to have the shows poster visible instead of the thumbnail.

Possible bug:
Not sure I should even mention this cause I'm not sure what to make of it quite frankly. I have the wrong fanart showing up for one of the tv shows in the episode level of the info screen. It's just one show and that show still shows the correct fanart in all other places. The show level and season levels both show the correct fanart and there's not even an option to set the fanart at the episode level. I don't see how this could happen and it seems unlikely that it would be a skin bug but I figured I mention it since it occurs in a section of the skin that was just altered.

Update: Hmm, now there's wrong fanart in more places and not only in the episode level. This must be some new bug in beta 1 or something.

- phil65 - 2009-11-24

Dignam Wrote:I was playing around with more of the views tonight and noticed on low list text does not scroll if you display the Info tab or the plot tab.

Also I was curious how easy it was to change what info is displayed on the Info view on that one. For example if I wanted to change the Written by: to Cast: would that be doable?

**************************************************************************************************************************

Also noticed if you go into the Movie Info level nothing scrolls so a film with a long plot there is no way to read it all.

I have also tried turning on/off the "Allow scrolling for plot/bio/review info" option but I cant seem to find where it does anything.

Should scroll, but had a delay of 15 secs. Decreased that.
Cast: can only be displayed in the Movie Info, so that´s not possible.
The other scrolling thing in Low List is also fixed now.

- kruykaze - 2009-11-24

The may stable release of xbmc (on xbmclive) did not work well with aeon65 so i updated to the latest svn .it's better but i have a lot of random crashes especially when getting thumbs and fanart.what do you guys recommend?
thank you.

- phil65 - 2009-11-24

BDPNA Wrote:By the way temmi did you merge with another git branch a while back? I remember there was another mod, along with Aeon65, that I was grabbing based off Hitched. Now it seems like the changes are mirroring themselves (except the one branch seems to have some german text in the config menus) but when Aeon65 has file changes, this other branch seems to as well.

The reason I bring this up is, when I pull up that skin, the trailers work just great. Interesting.

Didn´t merge for a long time, i had a different repo in the past, but that´s a long time ago.