Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Aeon65 1.0 (based on Hitched Mod) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [MOD] Aeon65 1.0 (based on Hitched Mod) (/showthread.php?tid=55600)

- dwsww - 2009-12-04

Anyone have any idea why the multiwall view was removed?

- mots - 2009-12-05

I just found out you removed music multiplex.... Any chance of getting it back in? Also: How about adding a lyrics-button in the music-osd?

- AnalogKid - 2009-12-05

Not entirely sure why views are being removed, but suspect it's to improve stability.
This skin has a LOT of views and options and it 'seems' that it's causing a number of crashes. One school of thought says that it's hitting the XBMC limits, another school says it's just starting to cause spaghetti skin code and harder to debug...

I adore this skin, but the instability is killing me... it's not helped by Camelot being a little unstable too. There are some great other skins about with much better stability, but I still love the look and feel of this one... I think paring back some of the views and options is a good thing... and then slowly reintroducing them to figure out where the problems are.

I have an underlying sneaking suspicion there are bugs / issues in the orginal AEON that are still filtering through to all other AEON based skins... and a rewrite of the skin would fix it all... but that's a big job..

I've use this skins for months, it's still my number one... I'm just frustrated with the instability... and this would be the only reason for me to move to Transparencey (VERY stable) or Ellipsis. Alaska's very nice too, but I'm a fanart boy... so it's not ideal for me.

- Batemann - 2009-12-05

Hi Everyone.

This is still my favourite GUI. And I think, with the additions Temmi Made, it is the most complete skin out there. I still have a few things on my wishlist, but there is a more important matter first.
As analogkid says the instability at the moment is a killer. I found that there are a few moment that the crashes are reproduceable. And I think with the amount of people using this skin, we should be possible to pinpoint the problems.

When playing music for example, and XBMC goes into the visualization view (with the spinning CD on), my XBMC crashes consistently. So There must be something in that view that XBMC post-beta1 doesn't like.
Now before I start posting debuglogs, can anyone check if he or she has the same? Crashes XBMC when going into visualization view? If so, we got something to start with.

- bilbon0bud - 2009-12-05

Yes KO with you, this mod of aeon is one of the best skin but it is really to instable.
Xbmc crash to much with this skin.

- phil65 - 2009-12-05

bilbon0bud Wrote:Yes KO with you, this mod of aeon is one of the best skin but it is really to instable.
Xbmc crash to much with this skin.

Yes I´m tryin to improve the instability atm, still don´t know the reason for the crashes. would be great if you could also try to find a solution for this. I already tried revertin to builds who are several weeks/months old, but without success. New features will have to wait till then.
If we have success, I´ll readd the features of course.
And if we won´t be able to find the solution, we perhaps have to post a bit in the Skin Development section.

- sergiocos - 2009-12-05

Well, don't know if it helps, but I have absolutely NO CRASHES (for a long time) using only Multiplex, Showcase and Lowlist.

- AnalogKid - 2009-12-05

sergiocos Wrote:Well, don't know if it helps, but I have absolutely NO CRASHES (for a long time) using only Multiplex, Showcase and Lowlist.

Showcase and low list for me... but I find from a clean installation, it's impossible to set up this skin (with all options as I like them) in less than 2 crashes...
After that... the crashes are less rare, but still happen. It seems to be made worse after changing any settings in the settings menu OR in the views menu... once everything's configured it's definitely much better... but not perfect.

Although I only use showcase and lowlist... I do have animated backdrops and fanart in every view with extrathumbs for most movies... along with a pretty extensive library... 2000+ movies, 4000+ albums and 3000+ TV episodes. Rebuilding my library often is a pain in the ass, as not all the media files are online (most are on my offline server, and it's slow to scan).

- franciscohs - 2009-12-05

sergiocos Wrote:This is a font issue and has nothing to do with the skin. The font has NO unicode support.

I disagree, I extended the Aeon fonts to support unicode characters following this procedure: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=55408

After doing this, Aeon works perfectly well, but Aeon65 does not. Look at this picture: (Plain Aeon on the left, Aeon65 on the right)

1. Notice in the first image how TIËSTO is written with a lowercase ë instead of the correct Ë, same happens with hypens.

2. On the second image the listing of japanese artists, nothing on Aeon65

3. Nonetheless, on the Music visualization screen Japanese characters appear without problems.

The fonts used are the same, and I extended to unicode characters all Aeon fonts.

I'm really trying to understand why does this happen and I cannot understand it, anyone?

- nekrosoft13 - 2009-12-06

sergiocos Wrote:This is a font issue and has nothing to do with the skin. The font has NO unicode support.

it is a skin issue as well

with Hitched version by Hitcher or by Ekim, there is a option for example Aeon_Polish, or Aeon_korean etc...

While Aeon65 is missing those options.

- arosequi - 2009-12-06

If I enable the setting to link the Games menu to the Launcher plugin, and I choose the Games option from home, it does this for a second:

Then this:

Then it displays Launcher.

If I disable the automatic linking, I choose Games, choose Launcher, and it doesn't have this issue (it only shows "Launcher, Loading Directory"). Any ideas?

If it's any help, here's my log (when it goes straight to Launcher and has the odd behavior):

http://pastebin.com/f787dc54

I highlighted the main lines that were different from the log when I had this setting turned off.

EDIT: If I add Launcher to my Favorites, go to the Home screen, and launch it from my favorites, it does the same thing. Do you think this is an issue with XBMC, Aeon, or Launcher?

- sialivi - 2009-12-11

Showcase and Multiplex is missing for Recent TV-Shows now, is this a bug or by design?

- AnalogKid - 2009-12-11

I've noticed that Showcase can just 'disappear' from the views list... but clearing the settings xml file brought it back.

I've had to drop this skin... which is a real heartache... I adored it... but instability was too much for me to take.

I've moved to Elipsis for the moment, but will return to this skin when I hear of significant stability improvements.
It IS a great skin for us fanart fans.

- sialivi - 2009-12-11

For the record, I've had no instability problems whatsoever with this skin. Granted, I have disabled all the views I don't use and also don't use any widgets, so I suppose this might be part of the reason.

- arosequi - 2009-12-12

sialivi Wrote:For the record, I've had no instability problems whatsoever with this skin. Granted, I have disabled all the views I don't use and also don't use any widgets, so I suppose this might be part of the reason.

Same here. I used to have major instability problems, but I haven't had any issues in a long time (similar situation as you -- disabled views, no widgets)