Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Aeon65 1.0 (based on Hitched Mod) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [MOD] Aeon65 1.0 (based on Hitched Mod) (/showthread.php?tid=55600)

- sergiocos - 2009-12-15

I was also scared that you will leave or stop this project (no more daily updates like in the old days), but now that you have plans for further development I can say I'm really glad.
I hope you will find some spare time for skinning and I also want to wish you Happy Holidays and a great new year (you deserve all the best for all the effort you put in this skin)

- AnalogKid - 2009-12-16

sergiocos Wrote:I was also scared that you will leave or stop this project (no more daily updates like in the old days), but now that you have plans for further development I can say I'm really glad.
I hope you will find some spare time for skinning and I also want to wish you Happy Holidays and a great new year (you deserve all the best for all the effort you put in this skin)

I'm no skinner... but am an ex developer...

off the top of my head....I suspect possibly the following:

1) NOT a resource issue... (not too complex)
2) COULD be some object/component ID's are being used more than once... something leads me to think this is possible since setting one value then seems to affect other things later...
3) A ludicrous bug that is so simple to see.... nobody can see it! (often the way)...I know it sounds like madness...but sometimes rewriting a view from scratch helps you to spot it. But this is a LOT of work, and it's demotivating.

I could be REALLY cheeky and say take a look at the Backrow skin... which is very sexy, fast, and stable.... and perhaps reapply some of your excellent mods to that skin? I honestly cannot help think that some of the bugs in Aeon have always been there... since I've seen similar issues with Showmix (just on a lesser scale).

Backrow has a lot of good features of Aeon... but seems to work flawlessly (so far). It's just an idea...

I just happen to like many of the mods you made... your taste seems similar to mine, hence I like your work and am keen to stick with something as good as Aeon65. I think you could make Backrow an even better skin than Aeon!

- franciscohs - 2009-12-16

temmi2000 Wrote:advancedsettings.xml (search the wiki)

Thanks, but... I sincerely don't find the correct option to disable the ".." folder. I hate to ask so much, since I usually try to figure it out, but a little more help? Rolleyes

BTW, why didn't this folder appear in previous versions of XBMC with the same settings?, just curious...

- UnisonRuss - 2009-12-16

First off great job on the skin! It looks brilliant Smile

A few things:

- In Showcase view it says "Press Up to View Trailer" but when I push up it just goes to the side menu - is this a known bug? And yes I have local trailers for almost all of my movies.

-Also, are you looking to implement any more views? I would love to see the Anoobie 2 and 3 views here Smile

-Is there a setting to make the tagline a little bigger in multiplex and showcase? Or maybe be above the info window? I think that would look fantastic Big Grin

-And lastly, I would like to change the 720 and 1080 so it says 720P or 1080P, and maybe in a different style (the rectangle vs. the egg) - anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks for any replies Smile

- kruykaze - 2009-12-16

franciscohs Wrote:Thanks, but... I sincerely don't find the correct option to disable the ".." folder. I hate to ask so much, since I usually try to figure it out, but a little more help? Rolleyes

BTW, why didn't this folder appear in previous versions of XBMC with the same settings?, just curious...

That is an option in the skins, "hide parent items" not in an .xml
good luck

Oh and to add to my previous post, I am having an issue with the "extrathumbs" view in multiplex and showcase. The pics come up, and the trailer icon appears, but there is no info. pane. I have tried re-tweaking settings and restarting XBMC, but it is still the same. Below are a few examples:

I really like this view, I hope there is a simple fix Smile

- sergiocos - 2009-12-16

franciscohs Wrote:Thanks, but... I sincerely don't find the correct option to disable the ".." folder. I hate to ask so much, since I usually try to figure it out, but a little more help? Rolleyes

in Appearance - Filelists, you have to uncheck fist setting.

- phil65 - 2009-12-16

kruykaze Wrote:That is an option in the skins, "hide parent items" not in an .xml
good luck

yes, I was wrong, sorry. The "All Seasons/Titles" thing has to be deactivated via xml, that´s what I was thinkin about.

- phil65 - 2009-12-16

UnisonRuss Wrote:Oh and to add to my previous post, I am having an issue with the "extrathumbs" view in multiplex and showcase. The pics come up, and the trailer icon appears, but there is no info. pane. I have tried re-tweaking settings and restarting XBMC, but it is still the same. Below are a few examples:

I really like this view, I hope there is a simple fix Smile

Simply because there is no info till now (biggest problem is to find a texture which is ok in all theme sets)

- phil65 - 2009-12-16

UnisonRuss Wrote:First off great job on the skin! It looks brilliant Smile

A few things:

- In Showcase view it says "Press Up to View Trailer" but when I push up it just goes to the side menu - is this a known bug? And yes I have local trailers for almost all of my movies.

-Also, are you looking to implement any more views? I would love to see the Anoobie 2 and 3 views here Smile

-Is there a setting to make the tagline a little bigger in multiplex and showcase? Or maybe be above the info window? I think that would look fantastic Big Grin

-And lastly, I would like to change the 720 and 1080 so it says 720P or 1080P, and maybe in a different style (the rectangle vs. the egg) - anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks for any replies Smile

720p and 1080p wouldn´t be correct because progressive/interlaced isn´t checked by XBMC.
Which trigger setting are you using?

- Irish2685 - 2009-12-16

I am having the above problem as well.

temmi2000 Wrote:Simply because there is no info till now (biggest problem is to find a texture which is ok in all theme sets)

Does this mean that this is something you need to fix, or do you mean that we don't have our info stored correctly, or something...?

- sergiocos - 2009-12-16

it's work in progress, no info for the time being, until temmi finds a proper texture that will look good under every scenario (theme settings: black/default/reptile etc)

- Irish2685 - 2009-12-16

Got ya'. Thanks!

temmi2000 Wrote:720p and 1080p wouldn´t be correct because progressive/interlaced isn´t checked by XBMC.
Which trigger setting are you using?

I use Ember Media Manager, and all info is stored in the nfo. I looked, and it seems that Progressive is checked there, and progressive shows up in all other skins except this one.

Oh and as far as the textures, I look forward to that Smile I know the extrathumb view will look great Big Grin

- >>X<< - 2009-12-17

UnisonRuss Wrote:I use Ember Media Manager, and all info is stored in the nfo. I looked, and it seems that Progressive is checked there, and progressive shows up in all other skins except this one.

Oh and as far as the textures, I look forward to that Smile I know the extrathumb view will look great Big Grin

The flags are just png images just use the ones from the other skins that have 720p, 1080p