Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Aeon65 1.0 (based on Hitched Mod) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [MOD] Aeon65 1.0 (based on Hitched Mod) (/showthread.php?tid=55600)

- sergiocos - 2010-01-13

try latest nightly build, the crashes are gone now.
As for subtitles, as far as i know, this feature is not implemented in xmbc (yet?!)

- phil65 - 2010-01-13

SteveZissou Wrote:hi phil

first of all thanks a lot for all the hard work. this mod really improves the sleak Aeon skin with useful enhancements.

Unfortunately I'm experiecing a lot of crashes with Aeon65 when I change the view for movies and tv shows (list > low list > multiplex etc.). Confluent is running without a glitch on the same installations. I'm running 2 htpc (vista & 7) having the same issues and both machines. I copied the latest commit with the seperate fonts into the skin folder. I just switched this weekend from MediaPortal to xbmc so I'm new to it and maybe did something wrong. Do I need a nightly build to run this mod or is 9.11 sufficient?

Another small thing. Maybe this has been discussed before or I missed a setting, but is it possible to display an icon for all media having subtitles?

good night - steve

yes, an icon for subtitles is possible. would look at it perhaps if someoneĀ“s got a fitting icon for that.

- phil65 - 2010-01-13

AnalogKid Wrote:Might be time for a 1.1 version number! ;-)

will do one major update before that (reorganizing the settings part a bit). be patient Wink

- phil65 - 2010-01-13

sergiocos Wrote:i guess someone noticed before along this thread, the watched overlays doesn't fit ok in season level (LowList)

will fix that

- SteveZissou - 2010-01-14

sergiocos Wrote:try latest nightly build, the crashes are gone now.

yes that did the trick - everything is running smoothly now. i'm very pleased with this mod as i loved the aeon design but it was missing some useful stuff like watched flag and latest addition widget

phil65 Wrote:yes, an icon for subtitles is possible. would look at it perhaps if someoneĀ“s got a fitting icon for that.

thanks for the positive feedback i will see if i can do some icons this week end.

another thing: is it possible to access 'movie information' directly without having to go via the c context menu? e.g. to have a setting to always display it before playback or to give access to it when pressing arrow down twice within 'showcase' layout. I just love this detail view with the cast members info but the access via the context menu is a little bit laborious. I did not find any such setting in the advanced settings xml.

thanks and good night - steve

- mindweaver - 2010-01-14

SteveZissou Wrote:another thing: is it possible to access 'movie information' directly without having to go via the c context menu? e.g. to have a setting to always display it before playback or to give access to it when pressing arrow down twice within 'showcase' layout. I just love this detail view with the cast members info but the access via the context menu is a little bit laborious. I did not find any such setting in the advanced settings xml.

thanks and good night - steve

Just press "i" on your keyboard or map it to your remote.

http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/26770

Maybe with this addition you can modify the home menu to not clip/scroll long menu items like PLAY DISC (SPELA SKIVA in Swedish) ? or am I understanding the fix wrong?

Would be great if that would work. No more annoying scrolling of menuitems Smile

Album Wall - chumaj001 - 2010-01-14

Hi, i just downloaded new version and there is no WALL view for albums, which is a shame, since I used it the most. Is it a bug or is it on purpose?

chumaj001 Wrote:Hi, i just downloaded new version and there is no WALL view for albums, which is a shame, since I used it the most. Is it a bug or is it on purpose?

There is WALL view for albums. Maybe you have it turned off? go to Aeon settings and find Media browsers -> Music viewtypes and turn it on.

- chumaj001 - 2010-01-14

Thanks, that was strange. I just overwriten old skin with new to keep my custom settings and wall view dissapeared. Plus, in media browser settings the WALL setting is diplayed as MULTIPLEX and turned off. When turned on, the wall is back.

- chumaj001 - 2010-01-14

And one more thing. The Central European fonts still have some missing characters even if I download the extra fonts. No matter if i select ISO or MS fonts, some characters are wrong.

chumaj001 Wrote:And one more thing. The Central European fonts still have some missing characters even if I download the extra fonts. No matter if i select ISO or MS fonts, some characters are wrong.

Have you chosen AEON_FIXED as fonts in appearance settings?

- chumaj001 - 2010-01-14

Yeah. I tried very possible combination (ISO and WINDOWS fonts and FIXED and STANDARD). It is especially visible in LIST and LOW LIST font. I can look for a font that will have these symbols, but I dont know which font it is out of the many in the font directory.

EDIT:
I tried to view all the fonts with CE in them and here is the list which ones are OK and which are not.

Aeon edit CE is OK
Aeon list CE is OK
Aeon main CE is WRONG
Aeon player CE is WRONG
Aeon RSS CE is WRONG
Aeon settings CE is OK
Aeon sublist CE is WRONG
Aeon title CE is WRONG
Aeon welcome CE is OK

The rest without CE in them is wrong.

If you tell me which fonts were used as a basis for these fonts I may find replacement for them.

- SteveZissou - 2010-01-14

mindweaver Wrote:Just press "i" on your keyboard or map it to your remote.

thanks for the hint mindweaver, it makes the access easier. nonetheless i think a dedicated setting to display movie information by default before playback would be convenient. this would permit to access it with the standard navigation and standard buttons without having to search a different key or button. dunno how much effort it takes to implement, is this a biggie? Smile

- ckillem - 2010-01-14

First let me start off with saying that I Aeon rules ... No other skin has this 'design' factor and is as usable and clean. Second of all I appreciate the fact that you (Phil65) is taking the time to put effort in keeping this skin alive.

I have a couple of questions about the sking though :
- when I use the low list view, every dialog is smaller than on other screens. When switching back to home, it is noticable. Is this a feature or a bug ?
- the low list does not view music genre images ?
- in music library view; the all artists option does not look right in max.view (subtitle is not needed).