Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Aeon65 1.0 (based on Hitched Mod) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [MOD] Aeon65 1.0 (based on Hitched Mod) (/showthread.php?tid=55600)

- sergiocos - 2010-01-25

yes, check this option in settings, and set the backdrops for weather

- DurhamDev - 2010-01-25

sergiocos Wrote:yes, check this option in settings, and set the backdrops for weather

Shouldn't that be "Current"?

Rolleyes

Hmm - another small bug. Good thing we caught it.

- phil65 - 2010-01-26

DurhamDev Wrote:Shouldn't that be "Current"?

Rolleyes

Hmm - another small bug. Good thing we caught it.

fixed. if you have more ideas to improve the skin or if there are any more bugs, let me know.

- AnalogKid - 2010-01-26

phil65 Wrote:fixed. if you have more ideas to improve the skin or if there are any more bugs, let me know.

I'd move the CDArt from under the skin folder and have it use the actual music folders (as long as you use the setting to declare the root of the music folders/path)... eg:

<MusicRoot>\Artist\Album\cdart.png

This is a much neater solution (having the art side by side with the music and other artwork) and adopted by a number of other skins

- AoOs - 2010-01-26

Why are the Æ/æ, Ø/ø and Å/å (Danish) characters smaller than the rest? Please fix it. And just for the sake of it, fix Ä/ä and Ö/ö (Swedish and Norwegian characters).

Is it an easy fix ?

- DurhamDev - 2010-01-26

Ok, I have a couple of questions on functionality and some logic I might like to see change...

SCRAPER ACTIONS DURING POSTER VIEW FOR TV SHOWS:

I cleaned out my Library and did a complete reimport, making certain that "Poster View for TV Shows" was selected. Lo and behold, it worked, as previously, it only pulled in banners for me. Now, that's where the 'good news' ends. It did NOT pull in any backdrops as I had anticipated it should, as it doesn't seem to act in a similar way to the "Reload" button. So, as I scrolled through my TV Shows, the fanart was the rotating TV fanart I had selected, and not the fanart specific to the TV show. What's worse is when I went into info ("I") and clicked "Get Fanart", there was none found - I had to use "Reload" and do BOTH the fanart and the poster, as it reverted back to pulling in banners.

Is there any way to fix this, so that importing in Poster mode actually pulls in the proper backdrop? If it needs to be changed later, I don't see an issue with manually doing it, but it would be nice to retrieve them up front.

KIOSK MODE:

I have everything setup the way I like to see it - all of my views are nice, and I go ahead and set the flag to remove/disallow the sidebar settings. When I go through my TV and Movie collection, I notice that the backdrop isn't appearing as I like, or there's no backdrop at all, so I click "I" for "Info" and notice that I can no longer "Reload", "Get Thumbnail" nor "Get Fanart".

In my opinion, these items should still exist in Kiosk Mode, as I am always adding to my collection, however, I do not plan on changing my views from what they are set to at the moment.

Mr. Phil65, Community, what do you think?

- solamnic - 2010-01-26

sergiocos Wrote:yes, check this option in settings, and set the backdrops for weather

Thanks a lot for this..
another question...
Is it possible to Play DVD or CD (i mean Disks) since i havent seen a menu (not even in populate) for Play Disk....

Thanks again...

- stoli - 2010-01-26

DurhamDev Wrote:Ok, I have a couple of questions on functionality and some logic I might like to see change...

SCRAPER ACTIONS DURING POSTER VIEW FOR TV SHOWS:

I cleaned out my Library and did a complete reimport, making certain that "Poster View for TV Shows" was selected. Lo and behold, it worked, as previously, it only pulled in banners for me.

That's a function of xbmc and its interaction with the site it is scraping. It doesn't know if it is a banner or poster it is retrieving, it just takes whatever it first. "Poster View for TV Shows" is strictly internal to Aeon.

Quote:Now, that's where the 'good news' ends. It did NOT pull in any backdrops as I had anticipated it should, as it doesn't seem to act in a similar way to the "Reload" button.

Is there an .nfo file in the folder(s) in question?

Quote:KIOSK MODE:

I notice that the backdrop isn't appearing as I like, or there's no backdrop at all, so I click "I" for "Info" and notice that I can no longer "Reload", "Get Thumbnail" nor "Get Fanart".

In my opinion, these items should still exist in Kiosk Mode, as I am always adding to my collection, however, I do not plan on changing my views from what they are set to at the moment.

Mr. Phil65, Community, what do you think?

Kiosk mode is intended to be read-only so others cannot mess with your settings at all. So it is behaving as designed...

- DurhamDev - 2010-01-26

stoli Wrote:That's a function of xbmc and its interaction with the site it is scraping. It doesn't know if it is a banner or poster it is retrieving, it just takes whatever it first. "Poster View for TV Shows" is strictly internal to Aeon.

Right, and that's what I'm asking for. I would hope that we could modify the "Poster View for TV Shows" to imitate the XBMC function, and bring in the Poster as well as the corresponding Fanart. Without that functionality, I feel the option is somewhat flawed, since when I 'Reload' the information - thus retrieving a listing of available Posters and Fanart, XBMC takes it upon itself to overwrite my existing Poster as well. So, it makes little sense of me to use the "Poster View" option, since I have to go through and manually do everything again.

stoli Wrote:Is there an .nfo file in the folder(s) in question?

No, and in my opinion, there shouldn't need to be. XBMC manages just fine on its own, so it should (fingers crossed) be possible to duplicate this functionality with the mod.

stoli Wrote:Kiosk mode is intended to be read-only so others cannot mess with your settings at all. So it is behaving as designed...

I appreciate that it is behaving as intended, but perhaps there's a way we can give it some sub-options, perhaps. Maybe having a 'tiered' Kiosk mode would work, whereby locking all of the options could be "Full Kiosk Lockdown" and just the sidebar could be "Media Open Lockdown"?

I agree that "Kiosk Mode" should limit the users' ability to change settings, but Media changes so frequently that (I feel) it should be it's own entity.

- stoli - 2010-01-26

DurhamDev Wrote:Right, and that's what I'm asking for. I would hope that we could modify the "Poster View for TV Shows" to imitate the XBMC function, and bring in the Poster as well as the corresponding Fanart. Without that functionality, I feel the option is somewhat flawed,

It's not related to scraping. It has to do with what type of image that is to be displayed; a poster size 1x1.5 or 16x9 from the Aeon FAQ:

Quote:2.3 Landscape thumbs for tv series?

Yes, Auriga is the only skin that uses landscape thumbs for tv series, and yes, that means you will have to download a whole new image type for each of your tv shows. Call it egoistic, call it unfair - the issue has been debated and the developer understands how you feel, but you will have to get over it and move on if you want to use Auriga. (Update 6-May-09: There is now a mod for going back to poster-sized thumbs for tv shows, starting here (keep reading through the next few posts to get to the files)). If you are new to Auriga, you actually have the advantage that most of the hard work has already been done for you. Landscape tv thumbs have already been created for dozens of tv series and are indexed here and hosted on thetvdb. Since the thumbs must be named "folder.jpg", you should use a batch renaming tool to rename all your existing folder.jpg files to something like "poster.jpg".

Quote:No, and in my opinion, there shouldn't need to be. XBMC manages just fine on its own, so it should (fingers crossed) be possible to duplicate this functionality with the mod.

Correct - just making sure there wasn't one as that can cause issues on a refresh.

Scrape a new show with debug logging enabled and post the results where it gets the poster but not the fanart.

Quote:I appreciate that it is behaving as intended, but perhaps there's a way we can give it some sub-options, perhaps. Maybe having a 'tiered' Kiosk mode would work, whereby locking all of the options could be "Full Kiosk Lockdown" and just the sidebar could be "Media Open Lockdown"?

I agree that "Kiosk Mode" should limit the users' ability to change settings, but Media changes so frequently that (I feel) it should be it's own entity.

Customize away. If I set it to kiosk mode no one should be able to change the posters or fanart I have selected. That's certainly more 'dangerous' then simply adjusting a view... Then again, as quick as Phil is to add new features, it could happen... Smile

- DurhamDev - 2010-01-26

stoli Wrote:Customize away.

D'Oh!

I was hoping you weren't going to say that.

stoli Wrote:If I set it to kiosk mode no one should be able to change the posters or fanart I have selected. That's certainly more 'dangerous' then simply adjusting a view...

True enough. Of course, when you're adding a few movies and TV shows a week, it gets tedious to turn it on and then turn it off to get everything 'just right'. I just find it concerning that one too many clicks 'left' gives my Wife the power to change everything... ...who am I kidding? She calls, "Hey, what did I do?!" and I have to go fix it.

Wink

stoli Wrote:Then again, as quick as Phil is to add new features, it could happen... Smile

Well, I'm always appreciative when the Expert continues to mod his work, and I figure if I suck up enough, good things can happen!

Laugh

- phil65 - 2010-01-26

I´ve added it as a seperate option

- DurhamDev - 2010-01-26

phil65 Wrote:I´ve added it as a seperate option

Wait, what? Already? You've done it? Really? I think you're awesome! (Anybody got a screenshot?)

Laugh

- phil65 - 2010-01-26

DurhamDev Wrote:Wait, what? Already? You've done it? Really? I think you're awesome! (Anybody got a screenshot?)

Laugh

only took 2 minutes, very simple change.

what´s left on my todo list.

- (de)activate submenu items
- floor settings (perhaps like in Ekim232)
- adding album/artist info to visualisation (perhaps when pressing "i", what do you think?)
- complete the fourth view style for showcase/multiplex
- fix bugs in old multiplex (and in normal multiplex, if there are some)
- fixes for some viewtypes in kiosk mode
- perhaps adding a new viewtype (mergin some parts of xperience for example)

any more ideas / suggestions?
btw, i won´t beg for it, but you can show your appreciation with some donations of course, will motivate me to work faster Wink
will try to tackle those points at the end of february (then I´ll have more time), till then I´ll probably only do some bugfixing.

- DurhamDev - 2010-01-26

phil65 Wrote:only took 2 minutes, very simple change.

what´s left on my todo list.

- (de)activate submenu items
- floor settings (perhaps like in Ekim232)
- adding album/artist info to visualisation (perhaps when pressing "i", what do you think?)
- complete the fourth view style for showcase/multiplex
- fix bugs in old multiplex (and in normal multiplex, if there are some)
- fixes for some viewtypes in kiosk mode
- perhaps adding a new viewtype (mergin some parts of xperience for example)

any more ideas / suggestions?
btw, i won´t beg for it, but you can show your appreciation with some donations of course, will motivate me to work faster Wink
will try to tackle those points at the end of february (then I´ll have more time), till then I´ll probably only do some bugfixing.

This is, by far, my favourite skin, and my favourite mod of said skin. I'm a HUGE FAN of the simple yet stylish look you've brought/kept, and a big part of that is the excellent menu system and keeping the fanart front-and-centre. I'm not a fan of other skins that 'hide' the art, or use common backdrops (how many times must I see red curtains?) although some have some very nice elements... ...AEON has my heart.

Phil65, you're a Man among Men. I would ask if you could post where we can put donations here, or at least a link to where we can find it. It's quite amazing what you've done here.

Big Grin