Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Aeon65 1.0 (based on Hitched Mod) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [MOD] Aeon65 1.0 (based on Hitched Mod) (/showthread.php?tid=55600)

- AoOs - 2010-01-27

AoOs Wrote:Image

Why are the Æ/æ, Ø/ø and Å/å (Danish) characters smaller than the rest? Please fix it. And just for the sake of it, fix Ä/ä and Ö/ö (Swedish and Norwegian characters).

Is it an easy fix ?

Can I get at comment on this ? Anyone got an easy solution to this minor annoyance ?

- tetodbs - 2010-01-27

AoOs Wrote:Can I get at comment on this ? Anyone got an easy solution to this minor annoyance ?

I've the same issue with italian characters Òò Àà Èè Éé Ìì Ùù...

Any ideaHuh

Thanks

- phil65 - 2010-01-27

DurhamDev Wrote:This is, by far, my favourite skin, and my favourite mod of said skin. I'm a HUGE FAN of the simple yet stylish look you've brought/kept, and a big part of that is the excellent menu system and keeping the fanart front-and-centre. I'm not a fan of other skins that 'hide' the art, or use common backdrops (how many times must I see red curtains?) although some have some very nice elements... ...AEON has my heart.

Phil65, you're a Man among Men. I would ask if you could post where we can put donations here, or at least a link to where we can find it. It's quite amazing what you've done here.

Big Grin

there´s a pledgie button on my github page, feel free to use that Smile
With some extra bucks I perhaps could afford a real 16:9 monitor for my pc, skinning a 16:9 skin on a 16:10 monitor sucks...

- phil65 - 2010-01-27

AoOs Wrote:Image

Why are the Æ/æ, Ø/ø and Å/å (Danish) characters smaller than the rest? Please fix it. And just for the sake of it, fix Ä/ä and Ö/ö (Swedish and Norwegian characters).

Is it an easy fix ?

You chose aeon_fixed, right?
If we´d have nice fonttypes it would be easy, but I don´t know if that´s the case. I think someone mentioned the workin and not-workin fonts some pages back. Will have to look at it (never really liked workin with fonts)

- Batemann - 2010-01-27

phil65 Wrote:what´s left on my todo list.

- (de)activate submenu items - I would love this feature!
- floor settings (perhaps like in Ekim232)
- adding album/artist info to visualisation (perhaps when pressing "i", what do you think?) - Cool idea. I would be happy with "always on"
- complete the fourth view style for showcase/multiplex
- fix bugs in old multiplex (and in normal multiplex, if there are some)
- fixes for some viewtypes in kiosk mode
- perhaps adding a new viewtype (mergin some parts of xperience for example) - An Xperience view (with the posters behind each other would be magnificent... Or get some inspiration from the new awesome Noir-Concept?

any more ideas / suggestions? - I like the new animation during startup. I love the "movie-like" animation during startup from ellipsis... That would be really cool...
btw, i won´t beg for it, but you can show your appreciation with some donations of course, will motivate me to work faster Wink
will try to tackle those points at the end of february (then I´ll have more time), till then I´ll probably only do some bugfixing.

Could you please fix the cinema script? ;-)
Ow and a small cosmetic thing: The fanart on the panel in Showcase for TV shows is displayed twice in the seasons-screen...

- mindweaver - 2010-01-27

mindweaver Wrote:http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/26770

Maybe with this addition you can modify the home menu to not clip/scroll long menu items like PLAY DISC (SPELA SKIVA in Swedish) ? or am I understanding the fix wrong?

Would be great if that would work. No more annoying scrolling of menuitems Smile

Phil65 have you had the chance to look at the post I made above in the quote?

Edit: Thanks for fixing all the big/slim-options!

- Trinity - 2010-01-27

sergiocos Wrote:...so I'm a sucker for eye-candy-shiny-things therefore I modified the DialogSeekBar.xml to get a bigger clearart, and instead the PAUSED text that filled the screen I went for a international symbol. Backup your original .xml if you wanna use it. Caution: This will break your Alaska 'paused' toggle on/off and probably get your wife mad (when you frequently play PAUSE for no reason)

DialogSeekBar.xml

Thanks to temmi and stoli, I just modified some values for clearart and replaced some text.

Does anyone keep this running? I've just copied the DialogSeekBar.xml in the 720p dir and the png files under media/clearart, but nothing changes...? Anyone got an idea what might be the misstake?

Thanks a lot.

- IceNine - 2010-01-27

Hey phil65, love the skin. Also love how hard you work on it and how often you release updates.

I have a little bug to report, probably nothing even that big.

I have the latest version of the skin from the Git repo and am using the Multiplex view for my movies after enabling it in the Viewtypes options. When I am scrolling through my movies, if I push "down" to get to the scroll bar to move a page at a time rather than an item at a time, pushing up to select an individual movie, the focus won't go back. The only way to get to selecting individual movies is to push "down" again, which clears the UI (to see the fanart presumably), then "down" again to get back to the usual list.

Hopefully this all makes sense, I have tested it on both a base install of Camelot as well as the latest SVN. Since the Multiplex view is disabled by default it probably just got overlooked, so take your time. Smile I just have so many movies sometimes it is faster to scroll by page rather than by individual movie.

Thanks in advance.

- sialivi - 2010-01-27

phil65 Wrote:any more ideas / suggestions?

I'll take this oppurtunity to repeat my last two reported issues, don't know if you missed them or if they were rejected/non-reproducable:
1) In TV Multiplex with Poster style thumbs, the "watched" labels aren't properly aligned. These are properly placed in Movies Multiplex.
2) The incorrect fanart in "TV-Shows / Recent" is still driving me nuts. Have you or anyone else been able to reproduce this problem or am I the only one?

- sergiocos - 2010-01-27

Trinity Wrote:Does anyone keep this running? I've just copied the DialogSeekBar.xml in the 720p dir and the png files under media/clearart, but nothing changes...? Anyone got an idea what might be the misstake?

Thanks a lot.

works here! you're sure that your folder isn't cleararts? Must be Clearart... to work ... I tested that file and it's all ok..

PS: Now I'm using this one... if you like it, feel free to download and use it... (this time the folder name for cleararts must be cleararts, as Aeon65 also requiers). Just backup the original DialogSeekBar.xml to restore it if you don't like this one.

- lonchaney - 2010-01-27

for some reason when i use the lowlist view none of the posters show up in my tv lists. they show up fine once i select a tv show but the main tv menu doesn't show any posters for that view only. anyone know why?

- sergiocos - 2010-01-27

i notice that in my brothers setup, who let the scrapers do the job, i prefer to have a poster.jpg in my folder and never had that problem

- Trinity - 2010-01-27

Hi sergiocos,

thanks for your reply, but I still don't get this working :-(

I'm using the latest AEON Phil65 via github. So is there anything elso to do, apart from copying your DialogSeekBar.xml in the 720p dir? Maybe anything to adjust in the settings? Hope you can give me a hint, or step by step explanation?

- phil65 - 2010-01-27

solamnic Wrote:Thanks a lot for this..
another question...
Is it possible to Play DVD or CD (i mean Disks) since i havent seen a menu (not even in populate) for Play Disk....

Thanks again...

there should be an item in the home menu if a disc is inserted (if not it´s probably a build issue) remember that xbmc only recognizes the first drive so if you have several drives or some virtual drives that could be the problem)

- sergiocos - 2010-01-27

Trinity Wrote:Hi sergiocos,

thanks for your reply, but I still don't get this working :-(

I'm using the latest AEON Phil65 via github. So is there anything elso to do, apart from copying your DialogSeekBar.xml in the 720p dir? Maybe anything to adjust in the settings? Hope you can give me a hint, or step by step explanation?

If you overwrite the original DialogSeekBar.xml with this one, you're good to go.You should have a 'clearart' folder in the media folder of the skin, and inside that clearart folder- > png for every tv show (you cand get them from http://www.xbmcstuff.com/). The name of that pngs must be the same as the show: Heroes must have a heroes.png in the clearart folder.
There's a trick for shows that contains special characters like ":"
You should rename them and exclude that character (ex Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles must be Terminator - The Sarah Connor Chronicles and the png must be named the same).