Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Aeon65 1.0 (based on Hitched Mod) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [MOD] Aeon65 1.0 (based on Hitched Mod) (/showthread.php?tid=55600)

- phil65 - 2010-02-06

mindweaver Wrote:Thank you for fixing the Multiplex scrolling bug and for putting back the old confirmation dialogues!

But now it seems that Multiplex view has disappeared on some places, and where it is you can only view posters, not the old nice thumbs Sad

And can you please help with how to disable cdart and artist/song info on visualization. It does not play nice with my plasma Smile

I found one more bug. When turning ON the title mod it turns it off and when you turn it OFF it actually turns the mod on!

1) where does it disappear? it´s probably havin some more bugs (it was a fairly big commit) the view you search for is now called landscape.
2) will implement that as an option I think
3) will look at it / fix that

- AoOs - 2010-02-06

phil65 Wrote:Best would be to use Ember Media Manager.
Getting the size and/or the resolution of the fanart pics doesn´t work correctly (at least it doesn´t in other skins)

Thanks for the answer !

Got a chance to look at the character problem I've reported earlier ?

- phil65 - 2010-02-06

AoOs Wrote:Thanks for the answer !

Got a chance to look at the character problem I've reported earlier ?

German special Characters are fixed since some commits, if the scandinavian ones are not we´ll need a new font I think.

- AoOs - 2010-02-06

phil65 Wrote:German special Characters are fixed since some commits, if the scandinavian ones are not we´ll need a new font I think.

I don't agree. The upper case æ, ø and å characters are there, and working when they are the first letter in a word. But when they are in the middle of a word, XBMC just doesnt seem to understand that they should be caps.

Are we on the same page ?

- phil65 - 2010-02-06

AoOs Wrote:I don't agree. The upper case æ, ø and å characters are there, and working when they are the first letter in a word. But when they are in the middle of a word, XBMC just doesnt seem to understand that they should be caps.

Are we on the same page ?

I´ve got an idea...
will work on that later I think
would be nice if you could say where in the skin this happens (or test the fonts directly and tell me with which fonts you´re havin problems with)

- AoOs - 2010-02-06

phil65 Wrote:I´ve got an idea...
will work on that later I think
would be nice if you could say where in the skin this happens (or test the fonts directly and tell me with which fonts you´re havin problems with)

I have no idea what has happened, but the problem is gone now.

Must have been the change to Aeon_fixed, but I could have sworn I have checked it since then.

Thank you for the attention and you willing to help.

- BDPNA - 2010-02-07

I love love love this skin. Thanks so much for keeping it up to date. Really love it.

I am still having one problem with this skin under Ubuntu (with the latest official beta, not nightly builds) where when I am using a trailer view, and get the "Press Up To View Trailer" message, the text does change to the "press select to view trailer" but then right away the text search box also shows up. I can exit this search box with the back button, but then, the select or directional buttons no longer work. I need to exit back to main menu. It's really screwy.

If I just navigate through the movies and press select, they play fine, but as soon as I do that up action to attempt to play the trailer, it gets all confused.

I did mess with the keymap files to get my Harmony remote to work, but it does it with the keyboard as well as the remote. Might I have done something by mistake in the keymap files to cause this type of behavior?

I'd love to get this fixed, if I would, Aeon65 would be perfect!

Thanks for any ideas.

- phil65 - 2010-02-07

BDPNA Wrote:I love love love this skin. Thanks so much for keeping it up to date. Really love it.

I am still having one problem with this skin under Ubuntu (with the latest official beta, not nightly builds) where when I am using a trailer view, and get the "Press Up To View Trailer" message, the text does change to the "press select to view trailer" but then right away the text search box also shows up. I can exit this search box with the back button, but then, the select or directional buttons no longer work. I need to exit back to main menu. It's really screwy.

If I just navigate through the movies and press select, they play fine, but as soon as I do that up action to attempt to play the trailer, it gets all confused.

I did mess with the keymap files to get my Harmony remote to work, but it does it with the keyboard as well as the remote. Might I have done something by mistake in the keymap files to cause this type of behavior?

I'd love to get this fixed, if I would, Aeon65 would be perfect!

Thanks for any ideas.

that navigation part needs refactoring, do you use kiosk mode?

- phil65 - 2010-02-07

Here is an installer with my mod included and some small changes (fullscreen splash for example): link

- paul - 2010-02-07

phil65 Wrote:Here is an installer with my mod included and some small changes (fullscreen splash for example): link
Thanks Phil65 for creating the installer for windows though i use Xperience soley
these day's as Aeon Auriga (any later versions) too unstable for my tastes but i will have a look at it anyway out of curiosityBig Grin

- phil65 - 2010-02-07

paul Wrote:Thanks Phil65 for creating the installer for windows though i use Xperience soley
these day's as Aeon Auriga (any later versions) too unstable for my tastes but i will have a look at it anyway out of curiosityBig Grin

The stability problems are gone since some weeks, that´s no problem anymore.

- mindweaver - 2010-02-07

phil65 Wrote:1) where does it disappear? it´s probably havin some more bugs (it was a fairly big commit) the view you search for is now called landscape.
2) will implement that as an option I think
3) will look at it / fix that

1. Seems to work with Landscape, nice work!
2. Thank your, hope yo do it soon. Can't use this skin for music until it's gone :/
3. Great!

The new small weather icon looks nice Smile But perhaps there is too much space after it? Don't know if it's a bug?

And here are some examples where scandinavian characters now appear as lower case. When I made Aeon_Fixed for Hitcher they where fixed. Maybe it's the new font you made that broke them again?
ImageIn list.

ImageIn confirmation dialog.

- BDPNA - 2010-02-07

phil65 Wrote:that navigation part needs refactoring, do you use kiosk mode?

Hiya Phil,

Thanks for the response. Do you mean by refactoring that you want to recode it or that I'm doing something wrong? Smile

As for kiosk mode, I've tried it both ways actually. Seems to behave that way regardless. If turning kiosk mode on fixed it that would have been fine with me as I don't need the menus when browsing and can always turn it off if I need to mess with the views at all. Happy to test something out if you want to try and tweak anything though.

- BDPNA - 2010-02-07

Actually Phil I take that back...Turning OFF Kiosk mode throws me into the settings menus on the left side when I press the UP key or button. Turning Kiosk mode ON is when the search screen comes up.

Interestingly, the search screen comes up even when I turn the search option itself off.

I am using Showcase view with extrathumbs style view for trailers.

- arosequi - 2010-02-07

phil65 Wrote:Here is an installer with my mod included and some small changes (fullscreen splash for example): link

Could we have some details on how this installer works (what all does it install/configure, does it auto-update, etc)? I'd be willing to work on a Linux script if there's any interest for it.