Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Aeon65 1.0 (based on Hitched Mod) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [MOD] Aeon65 1.0 (based on Hitched Mod) (/showthread.php?tid=55600)

- phil65 - 2010-02-09

lonchaney Wrote:i'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but i can't get the git gui to work properly with this mod. i got it to download originally fine but now when i try to update it always crashes...maybe i'm doing something wrong

i open existing repository...go to branch and checkout...go to tracking branch origin/master and hit checkout...after that it crashes

am i doing something wrong?

use the bash, much more stable.

- phil65 - 2010-02-09

UnisonRuss Wrote:Fantastic job on the updates! I love this skin Big Grin

One quick observation: In the MultiWall view, the plot scrolls fine, but the Writer, Rating, etc. above the plot does not scroll at all. Is that suppose to be that way? I would love if you could enable scrolling... thank you!

Fixed

- phil65 - 2010-02-09

mindweaver Wrote:1. OK. but could you maybe add some space between the image end the end of the "plate" its on? Seems a little tight. And I believe it would be nice if you made the image optional Smile

EDIT: Have you looked at what I posted twice in this thread before. About the dynamic labels? If I understand the ticket right you should be able to use them for stuff like this?

2. awesome! will try it out when you add it to git Smile

3. Image

should also be fixed now

- lonchaney - 2010-02-09

phil65 Wrote:use the bash, much more stable.

are there instructions on how to use the bash? this is what i did and it didn't work

cd "/c/Program Files (x86)/XBMC/skin/aeon65"

git pull

and then it says i didn't specify what branch i wanted it to merge with

can anyone point me in the right direction?

- mark007 - 2010-02-09

Hi Phil,

Using your skin as my default now, really like it. Just a few questions

In Movies - with Showcase and style Extrathumbs, I don't see any text about the movie, only the four thumbs.

Maybe its by design, but in info panel for a movie, when I hit Cinema, I get brought back to the movie menu, but have the next movie selected. In here if I select a cast member, and choose another movie with them in it, I don't get brought to this movie...

One last niggle, I don't see any option like with other skins, to treat use TV Show images in wide format, rather than the tall format... Although I prefer tall format, xbmc always downloads them in wide so there seems to be a mismatch between many skins, and the size of images xbmc downloads for TV Shows.

- sialivi - 2010-02-09

Was editing a media source and noticed two confirmation dialogs that are a bit messed up.

- phil65 - 2010-02-09

lonchaney Wrote:are there instructions on how to use the bash? this is what i did and it didn't work

cd "/c/Program Files (x86)/XBMC/skin/aeon65"

git pull

and then it says i didn't specify what branch i wanted it to merge with

can anyone point me in the right direction?

right click a folder -->git bash --> type "git clone --depth 1 git://github.com/temmi2000/aeon.git"

- AoOs - 2010-02-09

phil65 Wrote:right click a folder -->git bash --> type "git clone --depth 1 git://github.com/temmi2000/aeon.git"

Is this a way to keep the skin updated? Or just to download it the first time?

Just did what you wrote, don't think it made a difference to my archive, even though I know you've updated the skin since I got it.

- phil65 - 2010-02-09

AoOs Wrote:Is this a way to keep the skin updated? Or just to download it the first time?

Just did what you wrote, don't think it made a difference to my archive, even though I know you've updated the skin since I got it.

the instructions are for an empty folder. after that you can right click on the new folder Aeon, start git bash and type "git pull"

- AoOs - 2010-02-09

phil65 Wrote:the instructions are for an empty folder. after that you can right click on the new folder Aeon, start git bash and type "git pull"

If I just write 'git pull', after I've right clicked my Aeon65 folder - Git Bash Here -, I get the message: fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git

If I take your command from before and change 'clone' with 'pull', no effect either.

And btw, what the devil does git mean ?!

- phil65 - 2010-02-09

AoOs Wrote:If I just write 'git pull', after I've right clicked my Aeon65 folder - Git Bash Here -, I get the message: fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git

If I take your command from before and change 'clone' with 'pull', no effect either.

And btw, what the devil does git mean ?!

then you haven´t cloned the repository. you need the git data (there has to be a .git folder in the aeon skin folder). keep in mind that when you finished cloning a folder named "aeon" is created INSIDE the folder you right-clicked on and that you don´t have to type anything into the git console apart from the "git clone...". There are also a lot of git(hub) tutorials out there if that´s not enough.

- AoOs - 2010-02-09

phil65 Wrote:then you haven´t cloned the repository. you need the git data (there has to be a .git folder in the aeon skin folder). keep in mind that when you finished cloning a folder named "aeon" is created INSIDE the folder you right-clicked on and that you don´t have to type anything into the git console apart from the "git clone...". There are also a lot of git(hub) tutorials out there if that´s not enough.

Okay, I think I understand now.

I'll replace my current 'Aeon65' folder with the newly downloaded 'aeon' folder - can't remember if I've made any manual skin changes - but what the hell, I can always do them again.

Rename the new 'aeon' folder to 'Aeon65' and from now on I can update via 'git pull'.

Got it. Smile

Question: If I change something in a file or add a new file in a subfolder - how will git act? Overwrite, ask, ignore ?

- krijeck - 2010-02-10

hello!

so I am new to all this - sort of - is there a way to install this skin in Ubuntu Linux?? I installed it on my Win7 machine and I love it!!

any help? ... I scanned thru this enormous long thread but did not find any help.
thanks

- phil65 - 2010-02-10

krijeck Wrote:hello!

so I am new to all this - sort of - is there a way to install this skin in Ubuntu Linux?? I installed it on my Win7 machine and I love it!!

any help? ... I scanned thru this enormous long thread but did not find any help.
thanks

Yes...just put it next to the other skins, there shouldnt be any problems.

- phil65 - 2010-02-10

AoOs Wrote:Okay, I think I understand now.

I'll replace my current 'Aeon65' folder with the newly downloaded 'aeon' folder - can't remember if I've made any manual skin changes - but what the hell, I can always do them again.

Rename the new 'aeon' folder to 'Aeon65' and from now on I can update via 'git pull'.

Got it. Smile

Question: If I change something in a file or add a new file in a subfolder - how will git act? Overwrite, ask, ignore ?

don´t forget to eventually move the folder so the skin isn´t in a subfolder.
git will show a conflict when pulling changes which cannot be auto-merged.
if that´s the case, you could switch to the gui and choose what you want to do.