Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Aeon65 1.0 (based on Hitched Mod) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [MOD] Aeon65 1.0 (based on Hitched Mod) (/showthread.php?tid=55600)

- yesniyah - 2010-03-20

Arg0t Wrote:Try switching to the Confluence skin, just to check if its the skin causing the crash or your xbmc install.

Thanks or your suggestion but confluence and rapier are rock solid stable. Actually, the default Aeon is also stable but the fonts are hella huge and I don't know how to make them smaller. Another thing is that AEON is not as nice as AEON65.

I've enabled debug mode, what is the log file and where do I find it in XBMC Live? I'd like to post it just in case it has some info in there that can help me.

- TheShortOfIt - 2010-03-20

Hey guys.. just installed new ubuntu with xbmc.. everything on latest SVN..

Now the "recently added" thing on Aeon is gone.. is there any option to activate?

On my last xbmc live install, this feature was "out of the box"

- Arg0t - 2010-03-20

yesniyah Wrote:Thanks or your suggestion but confluence and rapier are rock solid stable. Actually, the default Aeon is also stable but the fonts are hella huge and I don't know how to make them smaller. Another thing is that AEON is not as nice as AEON65.

I've enabled debug mode, what is the log file and where do I find it in XBMC Live? I'd like to post it just in case it has some info in there that can help me.

The fonts are not part of the Aeon git repo, you need to find and download them separately then copy them into the skin folder. (think there is a link in the svn/git instruction thread stickied in the aeon forum.

Try backing up then deleting your guisettings.xml file, should be recreated when you next start xbmc.

- Maxoo - 2010-03-21

Arg0t Wrote:The fonts are not part of the Aeon git repo, you need to find and download them separately then copy them into the skin folder. (think there is a link in the svn/git instruction thread stickied in the aeon forum.
They are.

- emal011 - 2010-03-22

Mmm.. for me CdArt doesn´t work... I already made the "png" and put it on the right folder, but doesn´t show nothing, just the cd rolling...

- sergiocos - 2010-03-22

emal011 Wrote:the right folder
the album folder, right? because that's the RIGHT folder since newer versions of xbmc and the latest version of the skin Wink
Works here!

- shaktoo - 2010-03-22

Hello, recently have installed xbmc Aeon65 and have to say its just superb.Hats off to all who have contributed to this. Being a noob I have a question ( this might sound stupid but please bear a noob), How can I update without loosing all the settings & changes I have made & all the userdata that i have added. Do i back up the userdata file and just replace that after updating to latest build ?

- User 63881 - 2010-03-22

I'm using this script for Skin updates ASMUpdate and some other utility (XBMC Update) for XBMC updates.

It will not overwrites any settings, because all of settings are sitting (in Windows) in separate folder under Users profile. Just for sure, copy both of folder to folder named for example BACKUP.

- Maxoo - 2010-03-22

shaktoo Wrote:Hello, recently have installed xbmc Aeon65 and have to say its just superb.Hats off to all who have contributed to this. Being a noob I have a question ( this might sound stupid but please bear a noob), How can I update without loosing all the settings & changes I have made & all the userdata that i have added. Do i back up the userdata file and just replace that after updating to latest build ?
You don't have to backup anything, just go overwriting. Settings are stored in a different folder.

You can try Git if you want an easier update process.

- ppic - 2010-03-22

or you can go there (Xbmc passion skins nightly build) where you will find latest compilated version (updated daily)

- emal011 - 2010-03-23

sergiocos Wrote:the album folder, right? because that's the RIGHT folder since newer versions of xbmc and the latest version of the skin Wink
Works here!

Well, I just have the newest version of XBMC(svn), and the "latest" version of aeon. I don´t understand what are u saying.. I just put some png´s on :
XBMC>Skin>Aeon>media>Backdrops>artist_fanart>cd

And u r trying to say, that´s what I understand, that I have to put the png in the album folder? where the mp3 are located? [Music>Artist Folder>mp3´s and the artist_cdCover.png?]

- phil65 - 2010-03-23

emal011 Wrote:Well, I just have the newest version of XBMC(svn), and the "latest" version of aeon. I don´t understand what are u saying.. I just put some png´s on :
XBMC>Skin>Aeon>media>Backdrops>artist_fanart>cd

And u r trying to say, that´s what I understand, that I have to put the png in the album folder? where the mp3 are located? [Music>Artist Folder>mp3´s and the artist_cdCover.png?]

PathOfTheMp3File/cdart.png
that means that your mp3´s have to be structured like this:
artist name/album name/songtitle1..xx.mp3

! - greenfish - 2010-03-23

Quote:Originally Posted by greenfish
I guess the forum reverted back to february after the meltdown. Anyways I have a problem with this otherwise excellent mod/skin.

My backdrop folder is working just fine browsing the main menu: videos, movies, tv-shows, etc (custom movie stills). But it does NOT work when i'm in the library (movie) view. Library view gives you 3 options for a background: off, fanart and backdrop. Choosing backdrop just gives me a red curtain and no option of specifying a path to my custom backdrop folder?

How do you use a custom backdrop within library view?

Roborob Wrote:Same problem here

This bug is still UNRESOLVED.

Phil :confused2:

I know you probably have other priorties, but are you aware of this bug?

Thanks

- phil65 - 2010-03-23

greenfish Wrote:This bug is still UNRESOLVED.

Phil :confused2:

I know you probably have other priorties, but are you aware of this bug?

Thanks

yes, i´m aware, but all changes have to wait until next week, i have one written examination left on friday...

sorry for the delay
(perhaps you´re lucky and one of the active forum members here will post a fix before that Smile )

- emal011 - 2010-03-24

phil65 Wrote:PathOfTheMp3File/cdart.png
that means that your mp3´s have to be structured like this:
artist name/album name/songtitle1..xx.mp3

Vielen Danke! Alles hat geklapt!Nod