Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Aeon65 1.0 (based on Hitched Mod) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [MOD] Aeon65 1.0 (based on Hitched Mod) (/showthread.php?tid=55600)

- mindweaver - 2010-04-06

pixdamix Wrote:Please do not downgrade to SVN, Github support SVN checkouts[1] so, no need to switch to google code

[1] http://github.com/blog/626-announcing-svn-support

awesome!

- AoOs - 2010-04-08

Where has Phil65 gone?

Haven't seen him in this thread for a long time...

I miss him..

- phil65 - 2010-04-08

sorry, very busy atm.
I hope to find some time in the next days to continue and fix the outstanding bugs.

- emal011 - 2010-04-08

There is a plugin for Aeon, that it makes an equalizer for music playing?

Stability issues - wip81 - 2010-04-09

Hey everyone

@phil65: Let me tell you that this is hands down and by far the most appealing skin around - consider me worshipping you and your fellow creators.

@all: I'm having serious stability issues with the skin in conjunction with XBMC 9.11. E.g. XBMC kills itself (this is reproducible) as soon as I want to enter "Movies" or "Music" (these contain libraries with a fairly large amount of items). "Settings" et all work but "Trailers" doesn't. Other crashes are elusive and just seem to happen from time to time.
I've tried starting XBMC as admin or user, tried different settings like deactivating libraries etc. but the crashes still occur.
Now I'm unsure about what to do. Have any of you guys experiencing stability issues had any luck migrating to a nightly build? I'm a bit reluctant as this has already led to other and different problems for me in the past. Or should I wait for a skin update.
What do you suggest?

@phil65: Nevertheless, thank you very much for creating this exceptional skin!

- sergiocos - 2010-04-09

You have an xbmc nightly build (stable and tested by phil65) in the first post of the thread (bundled with the skin). However stay away from builds above 28576

9.11 was a big step ahead, but many things improved since then (even the crashes that really upset the users of this skin are gone now)

- wip81 - 2010-04-09

Hey sergiocos

And I was rooting through the thread being unsure about what else there might be to do. Sorry...I remember seeing it but somehow decided to look further.
I'm downloading now. Thanks for the quick reply and hint!

- stoli - 2010-04-09

Wip81 - try removing/deleting your guisettings.xml and starting fresh. You may want to back up the exisiting one first so you don't have to reset your preferences if this doesn't work.

- obladeo - 2010-04-11

Hi i've just found a huge problem with installing this on top of the 9.11 on windows

If you first install the xbmc 9.11 and then the aeon65 you get a huge lag in thumbnail loading when going through any view in the movie folder.

I had to clear out all my roaming profile and program files then i just installed the aeon65 and the problem went away.

I've done allot of tests and this seams to be the problem.

I'm using windows 7 ult
amd 64 3000+
2 gig ram

- Maxoo - 2010-04-11

Any hope to include this mod ?

- pixdamix - 2010-04-12

obladeo Wrote:If you first install the xbmc 9.11

DO NOT use xbmc 9.11, use a svn nightly build, perdiod.

This should be on the first page of the thread...

- obladeo - 2010-04-12

pixdamix Wrote:DO NOT use xbmc 9.11, use a svn nightly build, perdiod.

This should be on the first page of the thread...

Yep it should be but it's not and i've found allot of people on the net that have the same issue. So i thought i would point this out.

I'm a noob and thought you had to install the 9.11 before installing the aeon65 as i thought the aeon65 was just a skin.

Then i found out later that it's not just a skin it's the whole kit lol live and learn Big Grin

- butchabay - 2010-04-12

First of all thanx for this great MOD.
Are there any recommendations to install the whole package in the first post?
I mean it's necessary to make a clean uninstall of the camelot build ?
I ask because i've installed the package and i've noticed that the Music Plugin EU (Stream Radio ) doesn't work correctly. The window appears with " Opening File " and nothing works anymore, you have always to end process of xbmc with the task manager.
So i think i'll try to unsinstall and reinstall.

- wip81 - 2010-04-12

According to the responses I guess I'll rebuild it from the ground up. IMHO that seems to be the simplest way to a clean installation.
Thanks for the help, guys.

- modern69messiah - 2010-04-13

Total noob time here so please forgive me...but how the h*ll do I install this skin/mod?

I have NFI where to start...ll I can do is install Aeon by placing the folder in the skins directory. It sadly does not seem to be the case here. Git? XBMC setupfile? No idea No

A point in the right direction would be fantastic.