Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Aeon65 1.0 (based on Hitched Mod) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [MOD] Aeon65 1.0 (based on Hitched Mod) (/showthread.php?tid=55600)

- butchabay - 2010-04-13

modern69messiah Wrote:Total noob time here so please forgive me...but how the h*ll do I install this skin/mod?

I have NFI where to start...ll I can do is install Aeon by placing the folder in the skins directory. It sadly does not seem to be the case here. Git? XBMC setupfile? No idea No

A point in the right direction would be fantastic.

It's a complete Build with Plugins and Skin Aeon. (See the first Post)

So you just have to run the exe. file and install it.

- arik4k - 2010-04-13

yea, but the exe in the topic is kinda old becasue there are alot of changes... made like adding symbols and fixes,
i know everyone uses github, but for some weird reason when i downloaded the skin from git hub and made all the required installation, i can never get the skin look extactly like the .exe i installed with the green intro and stuff....
can any 1 tell me what am i doing wrong, any 1 ever created a manual to a clean install including github ?

- butchabay - 2010-04-13

I tried to make a clean uninstall of the camelot build and installed the one from the first post. Everyhing is working, just one thing i can't understand: Setting a slideshow for the home menu doesn't work. I select the folder with the Backdrops and the screen remains black. I've noticed that's not a skin problem, because i've tried it with confluence skin and the same happens. Can someone tell me which build is stable for this great Skin/ModHuh I really hope to get this all work fine, if not i think i'll go back to camelot stable release and Showmix 2.5, that worked very well, without problems and crashes.

Thanx guys ...

Backdrops are not working - musicc - 2010-04-13

When I set my backdrop to folder with multiple images its not working. Home screen just show a black image. I use the build/pack from the thread #1/op. Anyone know how to fix this?

- User 49122 - 2010-04-13

musicc Wrote:When I set my backdrop to folder with multiple images its not working. Home screen just show a black image. I use the build/pack from the thread #1/op. Anyone know how to fix this?
I have the same problem, you have to do like this:

If you've got pictures in C:\user\pictures
you have to create a new folder in the folder where your pictures are ( C:\user\pictures\folder ) and choose that new folder in XBMC.

In XBMC you choose C:\user\pictures\folder but you will see the pictures from C:\user\pictures instead

- butchabay - 2010-04-13

Durkslag Wrote:I have the same problem, you have to do like this:

you have to create a new folder in the folder where your pictures are ( C:\user\pictures\folder ) and choose that new folder in XBMC.

In XBMC you choose C:\user\pictures\folder but you will see the pictures from C:\user\pictures instead

Maybe, but's not the way it should be, i think i'll try with a newer build.

- Louike - 2010-04-13

pixdamix Wrote:DO NOT use xbmc 9.11, use a svn nightly build, perdiod.

This should be on the first page of the thread...

I disagree, the viewtype issue is just one that has been fixed after 9.11. For me those nightly svn's drove me nuts because of all the other bugs..... 9.11 works perfectly with Aeon65 after you configure the views. I used the custom build phil posted to configure my views after that i reinstalled 911.

- abiogenesis - 2010-04-13

Hallo,

i want to build a HTPC with Atom 330 CPU, ION GPU and 2GB Ram.
My XBMC video database have 6MB and my thumbnails folder have 600MB.

With this setting, the skin is going well with Windows XP, 7 or Ubuntu? No jerking, no hanging?

Gruß nei

- vampire666 - 2010-04-14

musicc Wrote:When I set my backdrop to folder with multiple images its not working. Home screen just show a black image. I use the build/pack from the thread #1/op. Anyone know how to fix this?

I also have this problem. I guess it's a bug?

Nice find! Thanks! I'll try that tomorrow (now I'm on another PC).

- hermy65 - 2010-04-14

I added apple movies trailers lite to my menu on the home screen. Is there any way I can shorten it so that on the menu is says Trailers rather then apple movie trailers lite?

- mindweaver - 2010-04-14

hermy65 Wrote:I added apple movies trailers lite to my menu on the home screen. Is there any way I can shorten it so that on the menu is says Trailers rather then apple movie trailers lite?

You have to rename your favorite to "TRAILERS" and then readd it to your home screen Smile

I'm sorry for my (probably) stupid question, but I can't see any "program" entry (SVN Repo) along with "movies, music, tv shows, games, scripts, settings, etc..." or any way to enable it.

How should I do that?

- AoOs - 2010-04-14

vampire666 Wrote:I'm sorry for my (probably) stupid question, but I can't see any "program" entry (SVN Repo) along with "movies, music, tv shows, games, scripts, settings, etc..." or any way to enable it.

How should I do that?

Under videos in the main menu - press down - voila.

I just checked and it works! Thanks a bunch! Smile

AoOs Wrote:Under videos in the main menu - press down - voila.

Thanks for the reply, but....strange, if I press down on "Videos" in the main menu nothing happens. :confused2:
What am I doing wrong?

(I have the Rev. 27556 downloaded from the link in the first post of this thread)

- Aeto82 - 2010-04-14

I tried to include the option to display rating icons for SPIO-JK and SPIO-SU. I added to following entries to Includes_MediaFlags.xml at <include name="LowList_MediaFlags"> under the part for the german ratings:

Code:
<control type="image" id="1171">
    <include>LowList_MovieFlagVarsCertification</include>
    <texture>flags/rating/SPIO-KJ.png</texture>
    <visible>substring(ListItem.mpaa,Germany:SPIO-KJ) | substring(ListItem.mpaa,SPIO-KJ)</visible>
</control>
<control type="image" id="1171">
    <include>LowList_MovieFlagVarsCertification</include>
    <texture>flags/rating/SPIO-SU.png</texture>
    <visible>substring(ListItem.mpaa,Germany:SPIO-SU) | substring(ListItem.mpaa,SPIO-SU)</visible>
</control>

and the following at <include name="Furniture_FloorMediaFlags">

Code:
<control type="image">
    <include>Furniture_FloorMediaFlagsVarsGerman</include>
    <texture>flags/rating/SPIO-KJ.png</texture>
    <visible>substring(ListItem.mpaa,Germany:SPIO-KJ) | substring(ListItem.mpaa,SPIO-KJ)</visible>
</control>
<control type="image">
    <include>Furniture_FloorMediaFlagsVarsGerman</include>
    <texture>flags/rating/SPIO-SU.png</texture>
    <visible>substring(ListItem.mpaa,Germany:SPIO-SU) | substring(ListItem.mpaa,SPIO-SU)</visible>
</control>

The pictures are in the right folder and changing the picture to one of the default ones doesn't display that one either.
The MPAA-Tag in the .nfo-file is <mpaa>Germany:SPIO-KJ</mpaa>. What do I have to change so it would work?
Would be nice if somebody could point me into the right direction.

Cheers.

[edit]
There seems to be a problem with new pictures in the folders, at least for me. Since Amber Media Manager flags movies of 20th Century Fox as "Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation", I tried to copy the file "Twentieth Century-Fox Film Corporation.png" and rename it to "Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation.png" without the hyphen. After a reload of the movie information still no icon. I simply rename the existing file instead of copying it, still no difference.
Of course I get the icon when I change the <studio>-tag of the .nfo file. But I really don't want to do that for every 20th Century Fox movie in my collection... Wink

I'm running XBMC on Kubuntu 9.10 btw. There are the same permissions for the new pictures as for every other picture in that folder.
[/edit]