Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Aeon65 1.0 (based on Hitched Mod) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [MOD] Aeon65 1.0 (based on Hitched Mod) (/showthread.php?tid=55600)

question - venealis - 2010-05-06

I know this question isn't anything new but has anyone figured out why the long delay between screens?

- ekim232 - 2010-05-06

venealis Wrote:I know this question isn't anything new but has anyone figured out why the long delay between screens?

Aeon is a heavy texture skin. Load time is longer is what I have been told. There have been some threads that say if you delete your gui settings it comes up faster, but as far as I have seen it will go back to a black screen for a moment eventually.

For awhile I thought it might be delays do to animation coding, but that is not the case. I have spent hours on code cleanup of Aeon and I still get a slight black screen when going to sections from the homepage.

- Mrkennedy - 2010-05-06

I'm having issues with this, just installed it and when i click movies, tv shows etc it reboots into the xbmc root screen (like control prompt). Restart my Acer Revo and after a few minutes does it again.

Any ideas? (had no issues with the default one and Alaska)

Thanks

- vxeel - 2010-05-07

I have this skin installed on xbmc live and everytime I go into the movies area I crash to the console login.

Any ideas?

- Plaguester - 2010-05-07

First of all, I love this skin!

A feature suggestion: I use XBMC on top of a full Ubuntu install. Most skins have an "Exit XBMC" option in the shutdown menu that exits back to the gdm login screen. I tried enabling the "Sign Out" option on the home screen, but I have a feeling that is for XBMC profiles and not for signing out of the session, because it does nothing for me.

Also, I'm running a very recent version of SVN trunk. Are there any plans to support 10.05 features like the addon browser (if not now, at least after release)?

- Mrkennedy - 2010-05-07

Plag, you need Shutdown and then press down you should have more options

- Kieron - 2010-05-07

vxeel Wrote:I have this skin installed on xbmc live and everytime I go into the movies area I crash to the console login.

Any ideas?

I have this same problem, I hope someone can help us..

- DerGrinch - 2010-05-07

Kieron Wrote:I have this same problem, I hope someone can help us..

same here, see some posts ago..

- Kieron - 2010-05-07

DerGrinch Wrote:same here, see some posts ago..

Yep, I've posted here too a number of times to no avail. And script hasn't been updated in a while too...

For now, I've found Rapier, and am experiencing no crashes any longer. Plus the skins quite nice.

- stoli - 2010-05-08

venealis Wrote:I know this question isn't anything new but has anyone figured out why the long delay between screens?

Try renaming your guisettings.xml file and starting fresh. You will have to setup you're skin preferences again, but this may do the trick. If it doesn't help, you can just revert back to the original file.

This may also help those of you experiencing a crash when entering different nodes; movies, music, etc.

- Plaguester - 2010-05-08

Mrkennedy Wrote:Plag, you need Shutdown and then press down you should have more options

While that menu is really slick (and does include the additional "Suspend" and "Hibernate" options), it does not include "Exit/Quit" (which is not equivalent to "Shutdown").

I edited Includes_MainMenu.xml (line 320). Changed
Code:
<onclick>System.LogOff</onclick>
to
Code:
<onclick>Quit()</onclick>

This makes the "Sign Out" option in the main menu do what I need. I'll look into writing a patch to place it in the Shutdown submenu and the shutdown menu (the one you get from pressing 's' on the main menu).

- phil65 - 2010-05-08

Hey Guys,
sorry for the lack of updates, i was ill for almost two weeks and have a lot to catch up now for studies....I´ll surely continue this skin, but I cannot say exactly when. I think it would be best to wait for the new xbmc version which is shaping up nicely.

- vxeel - 2010-05-08

stoli Wrote:Try renaming your guisettings.xml file and starting fresh. You will have to setup you're skin preferences again, but this may do the trick. If it doesn't help, you can just revert back to the original file.

This may also help those of you experiencing a crash when entering different nodes; movies, music, etc.

Tried it, didnt work =[

edit: since Aeon isnt really being worked on anymore. is there another current skin anything like it? something that likes to show off alot of art?

- stoli - 2010-05-08

vxeel Wrote:Tried it, didnt work =[

edit: since Aeon isnt really being worked on anymore. is there another current skin anything like it? something that likes to show off alot of art?

Post a debug log via pastebin of the crash (be sure to include the whole log, not just a portion of it).

I've been using a flavor of Phil's mod for months without issue...

- adave - 2010-05-08

Hi guys. I'm having an issue when I try to add a source via the Windows Network (SMB) option under Browse for New Source. There is a notification window popping up behind the window and I have no idea what it says. The only way to cancel is to back out to the home screen. Does anyone have any ideas on how I could fix this?