Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Aeon65 1.0 (based on Hitched Mod) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [MOD] Aeon65 1.0 (based on Hitched Mod) (/showthread.php?tid=55600)

- bennyroswell - 2010-06-18

Hey guys

i know this is a stupid question, but for love nor money i can't solve this.

In the showcase view on tv shows - the scraper is automatically downloading the banners and squeezing them into the available view.

IK can't find the setting to change this - my version of aeon 65 doesn't have an enable tv posters buttons as i've seen mentioned - is there a way around this?

Cheers
B

- mindweaver - 2010-06-18

bennyroswell Wrote:Hey guys

i know this is a stupid question, but for love nor money i can't solve this.

In the showcase view on tv shows - the scraper is automatically downloading the banners and squeezing them into the available view.

IK can't find the setting to change this - my version of aeon 65 doesn't have an enable tv posters buttons as i've seen mentioned - is there a way around this?

Cheers
B

When you set content to your folder there should be options to set "Prefer posters"

- emal011 - 2010-06-18

I update the XBMC version, and now I can´t find my skins... I already read, that I have to move it, to addons.... etc... ok, but the skin doesn´t work properlty... So, I downloaded the "exe" version from this great skin, and was with a stable xbmc version included, but I see, that, that version of Aeon, doesn´t see work like the other... I mean, the same one, until I update te xbmc version...

My pictures: I have a folder with my pictures, and now that I want to put the source in to xbmc, instead I have the folder, I have the entire drive!! (My drive D: inside is a folder called Pictures, normally, I add a source in this way: Add - D: - My pictures, and inside the folder I make click in Ok. But now that I make that, I becomme the D: and not the pictures folder..) And the same is with my Musik Videos... Movies and Music work great, but my pictures(jpg) and my musik videos(mkv,mpg,avi) doesn´t see to work...

It is secure when I update just the Aeon skin? I just want to have an Stable version....

Ahhhhh... and this pretty nice plugin, wich show me the cd rolling and the folder.jpg in the menu window, normally, I could make to show the next 10 songs.. now I don´t find this option in setup...

- semi- - 2010-06-18

Sorry if this has been answered before, but is there any way to increase the fontsize on the messages that pop up? for example when scanning for new media, it is pretty unreadable at 1080p. Every other font seems fine so I'm afraid to look into any global font scaling options.

Edit: Just noticed this is only while in 'large list' mode

- bennyroswell - 2010-06-19

thanks mindweaver - but there is no option for that in my set content menu - i did look there and no good

any other ideas?

- SteveZissou - 2010-06-19

mindweaver Wrote:If you want Aeon65 to work in the new SVN builds past r28256 of XBMC you need to rename the folder to "skin.aeon65" and put it in the addons-folder. Inside "skin.aeon65" create an addon.xml file and write the following to it:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<addon
  id="skin.aeon65"
  version="1.0"
  name="Aeon65"
  provider-name="Phil65">
  <requires>
    <import addon="xbmc.gui" version="2.11"/>
  </requires>
  <extension
    point="xbmc.gui.skin"
    defaultresolution="720p"
    defaultresolutionwide="720p"
    defaultthemename="textures.xbt"
    effectslowdown="1.0"
    debugging="false"/>
  <extension point="xbmc.addon.metadata">
    <platform>all</platform>
    <minversion>28000</minversion>
    <summary>Aeon65 based on AEON by djh</summary>
    <summary lang="en">Aeon65</summary>
    <description>An HD interface for XBMC</description>
  </extension>
</addon>

That's it Smile

I had xbmc-r28177-trunk & Aeon65 running under win7 and did the following:

1. installed xbmc-r31198-trunk.exe
2. created addons folder under users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\XBMC
3. copied the Aeon skin folder from Program Files\XBMC\skin to the newly created addons folder
4. renamed the skin folder in addons to skin.aeon65
5. created addon.xml in the skin.aeon65 folder with the configuration provided by mindweaver

XBMC is now starting using confluence skin and I can't switch to aeon. the aeon skin was mentioned in the setting menu but when trying to select the skin only confluence appears in the overlay menu. did I miss a step?

edit found my error. addon xml had wrong file name... Smile

- avus m3 - 2010-06-19

Thanks so much for the beautiful skin. I love the details like the main screen with the cd playing and "next" tracks. Works great. BTW thanks to midweaver because I couldn't get the newer builds working with any skins. Now I have them setup. Now I just need to find out how to get live tv/pvr functions working and then xbmc will be the end all awesome htpc front.

AEON65 Crashes - b1gf00t - 2010-06-20

First, let me thank you for your constant support into developing, what I think is the best skin for xbmc.

I thought I share with you couple of observations, and maybe someone could assist me for finding a solution.

I have xbmc running on Win7 32-bit, and xbmc-live running on MAG HD Atom 330 and ION.

I have installed AEON using GIT on both systems.

When running xbmc on Win7 with confluence as a skin, it runs smooth without having any crashes, and when switching to Aeon65, it runs great except when I try to access Movies or TV Shows section from the main menu, xbmc crashes and gives me the debug window.

I thought I'll try running Aeon65 on xbmc-live thinking that it might be a windows error, incidentally while accessing Movies or the TV shows it kills X, and goes to shell.

I would love to run Aeon65 on my systems, and I appreciate it if anyone can share his input with me.

- coendeurloo - 2010-06-21

The latest update on github is from March 16, 2010...am I looking at the wrong github here?

- b1gf00t - 2010-06-21

b1gf00t Wrote:First, let me thank you for your constant support into developing, what I think is the best skin for xbmc.

I thought I share with you couple of observations, and maybe someone could assist me for finding a solution.

I have xbmc running on Win7 32-bit, and xbmc-live running on MAG HD Atom 330 and ION.

I have installed AEON using GIT on both systems.

When running xbmc on Win7 with confluence as a skin, it runs smooth without having any crashes, and when switching to Aeon65, it runs great except when I try to access Movies or TV Shows section from the main menu, xbmc crashes and gives me the debug window.

I thought I'll try running Aeon65 on xbmc-live thinking that it might be a windows error, incidentally while accessing Movies or the TV shows it kills X, and goes to shell.

I would love to run Aeon65 on my systems, and I appreciate it if anyone can share his input with me.

As a follow-up to my above post and in the mindset of trying to fix this problem, I have updated xbmc to the latest SVN dated 21-June. Initially I couldn't get XBMC to recognize Aeon65, apparently XBMC now treats skins as addons. I had to look at this thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=74818 inorder to get xbmc recognize the skin.

Luckily, the previously mentioned crashes has disappeared when accessing Movies/TV Shows previews. However, other Aeon65 features are no longer functioning like the getting an erre ScriptFailed: RecentlyAdded.py

I really wanted to have Aeon as my default XBMC skin, it just gives life to it.

@phil65 is there going to be further developments on the AEON65 skin to adapt to the undergoing changes to the latest SVN from xbmc? I really like your work and appreciate the time and efforts you are investing in this skin.

- coendeurloo - 2010-06-21

mindweaver Wrote:If you want to use the new subtitle OSD (old OpenSubtitles OSD) script with Aeon65 and the new SVN builds you need to download:

http://trac.xbmc.org/attachment/ticket/8737/script.xbmc.subtitles-1.6.6.zip

and place the files in the addon folder.

You will also need to replace line 46-56 in VideoOSD.xml in the skins 720p folder with the following code:

Code:
<control type="button" id="19">
                    <include>Objects_OSDButton</include>
                    <onclick>RunScript(special://home/addons/script.xbmc.subtitles/default.py)</onclick>
                    <visible>![Player.Forwarding | Player.Rewinding] + !IsEmpty(VideoPlayer.TVshowtitle)</visible>            
                </control>        

<control type="button" id="20">
                    <include>Objects_OSDButton</include>
                    <onclick>RunScript(special://home/addons/script.xbmc.subtitles/default.py)</onclick>
                    <visible>![Player.Forwarding | Player.Rewinding] + !IsEmpty(VideoPlayer.Title) + IsEmpty(VideoPlayer.TVShowTitle)</visible>            
                </control>
And rename the "script-OpenSubtitles_OSD-Aeon.xml"
to "script-XBMC-Subtitles-main.xml"

I have done exactly what you said but when I want to load the script in the middle of a movie it says: Error, Script failed! script.xbmc.subtitles

- greenfish - 2010-06-23

fanart in library view (movies) still doesnt work on my end.

Anyone else?

- romurta - 2010-06-23

Using latest XBMC build + Aeon65

Seeing a error here:
script failed 'recently addeded.py

Another thing is that seems That the rssfeed reader that is displayed in home window is not working as well

No

Any tip on how to fix any of both problems?

- coendeurloo - 2010-06-23

Anyone got the subtitles script working with the instructions mentioned earlier? I'm really struggling here...

- User 49122 - 2010-06-23

romurta Wrote:Using latest XBMC build + Aeon65

Seeing a error here:
script failed 'recently addeded.py

Another thing is that seems That the rssfeed reader that is displayed in home window is not working as well

No

Any tip on how to fix any of both problems?

Mindweaver explained how to fix this 2-3 pages back.