Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Aeon65 1.0 (based on Hitched Mod) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [MOD] Aeon65 1.0 (based on Hitched Mod) (/showthread.php?tid=55600)

- tetodbs - 2010-06-24

Hi to all,
there's a way to have directly this view of recently added widget without pressing the up arrow key:

Thanks

- abernardi - 2010-06-25

b1gf00t Wrote:...when I try to access Movies or TV Shows section from the main menu, xbmc crashes and gives me the debug window.

This is happening for me too, but I'm not getting a debug window, xbmc just crashes. I've also been doing my scraping with Ember, I don't know if that is causing any problems. b1gf00t, you said the problem went away. It did for me too for a little while, then it came back and I can't track what I changed before it came back. Where are you at with that now? Phil65, what would you suggest? I'm using the latest stable 9.11 xbmc. I tried the svn builds and moving the skin to the addons, but that's not working for me either. Huh

BTW, this is a beautiful skin! Now if I can just get it to work...

- rendered - 2010-06-26

Hi,

I have added a new menu item to my home. Is there any way to move the position of that new item - it looks as by default it gets added to the end?

Thanks Smile

- Siutsch - 2010-07-02

mindweaver Wrote:I am running in Vista and Windows 7 it is located at:

"C:\Users\<Your username>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons"

In windows XP I believe it is somewhere in
"c:\documents & settings\application data\"

First: sorry for my bad english. Sad

Hi mindweaver,

after still using 29028 of XBMC I now want to use a newer version.

Downloaded 31520 and tryed to change the things to use aeon skin with new svns you all have explained here.

With 29028 XBMC version I used xbmc in portable mode, starting with "-p" parameter.
Then all the data stored in the userdata folder.

1. question:
Is this still working?
I think I now have to create a folder "portable_data" below xbmc if I want to use the portable mode and have to copy the userdata folder in there inlusive the new addons folder with the skins?
(after some search here an with google I think portable mode is still available)

2. question:
I have found a total of 3 folders named "addons":

First direct in xbmc folder.
In this folder I found all the addons xbmc comes with, also the standart skin confluence.

Second in C:\Users\<Your username>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\

And third in xbmc/portable_data/
(if xbmc is used in portable mode)

You described to copy the adapted skin folder in C:\Users\<Your username>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons.

Where I have to place the skin.aeon65 folder if I want to continue to use the portable mode and start xbmc with parameter "-p".
(I think it must be xbmc/portable_data/addons)

The addons folder direct below xbmc can not be used?

And with these newer version of XBMC can I also copy my videodata folder below portable_data/userdata?

I tryed to move my userdata to portable_data folder but it did not work.

Questions over questions ...

Thankz,
Siutsch.

- ubuntuf4n - 2010-07-05

(imho) This is the best Aeon MOD, I hope Phil65 will come back soon...

- sergiocos - 2010-07-05

I hope he has a good summer, so he can come back rested and fresh to resume work on this skin. I'm also loving this mod, and still use it Smile

- chanders - 2010-07-05

^^ Me too but its sloooooooow on 10.0X

- pixdamix - 2010-07-05

I've made a repository to try to keep track of patches made for Aeon65 on github.

Code:
git clone -b pix65  git://github.com/pix/aeon.git

For the moment, there not so much difference from the stock Aeon65 skin, just some addon.xml and subtitle stuff.

This is not a fork or a new skin, just a way to wait until Phil come back. If you have some patch to make Aeon65 work better feel free to send a patch, a file, or whatever you've done to make it work. (With your name and email (If you want))

- kin0kin - 2010-07-05

Can I safely assume that most of the skins, mods, and information here are only valid for 9.11? Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems like a lot of stuff are broken or outdated. Confused

- mindweaver - 2010-07-05

pixdamix Wrote:I've made a repository to try to keep track of patches made for Aeon65 on github.

Code:
git clone -b pix65  git://github.com/pix/aeon.git

For the moment, there not so much difference from the stock Aeon65 skin, just some addon.xml and subtitle stuff.

This is not a fork or a new skin, just a way to wait until Phil come back. If you have some patch to make Aeon65 work better feel free to send a patch, a file, or whatever you've done to make it work. (With your name and email (If you want))

Nice initiative!

- chanders - 2010-07-05

So far, the basics
  • To get it working under 10.0X is adding an addon.xml file and renaming to skin.aeon65
  • There is a patch in this thread for recently added to work
If persons can post their patches before applying to git it would be great. I'll pm phil to see if he has any idea what we can do to get it working faster in 10.0X

- pixdamix - 2010-07-05

Repository Updated !

Code:
commit 483077e9b625616a51df7616a97166b8a3b1bb43
    Try to make recently added working (More work needed)

commit aa2176841d9981bda48ed354379ec478ab4e0a0e
    Working addons menu entry

Taken from MarcosQui Digital Art pack

- quebert - 2010-07-06

I have a question, I installed this from the link OP posted that comes with the build of XBMC included. I've tried both fixed and normal for the font settings and still having problems here. In the list view the text on the left is heavily overlapping. And in the big list mode I'm not seeing any text on the left just a highlight bar. I'm assuming it should show some sort of text here like the episode title? Besides that everything looks good. What am I doing or not doing here? I don't have any other mods installed, I just unzipped it and added my library.

And I know this has been asked, but I searched on here and couldn't find anything that helped me. If I wanted to add DVD/CD cases like in Horizon, is there a mod that will do this?

thanks

- mindweaver - 2010-07-06

pixdamix Wrote:Repository Updated !

Code:
commit 483077e9b625616a51df7616a97166b8a3b1bb43
    Try to make recently added working (More work needed)

commit aa2176841d9981bda48ed354379ec478ab4e0a0e
    Working addons menu entry

Taken from MarcosQui Digital Art pack

The Addon Settings button doesn't seem to work. (Configure addon)

- kin0kin - 2010-07-06

Broken.....broken....broken Sad

Camelot 9.11 with Aeon65 skin is broken - Crashes every now and then like others have mentioned.

27556 Aeon65 package is also broken - Multiimage does not work properly. Despite the workaround, this is an issue with XBMC's build itself. Intalling 27556, configure everything, install 9.11, configure multiimage, and reinstall 27566 will get this fixed. Sadly I'm not technical enough as to why XBMC isn't picking the right multiimage folder properly in 27556.

BUG:
When using 31520 (DSplayer) with Aeon65, choosing a backdrop will cause the title to be renamed to the backdrop's location. Not sure if this is 31520 specific bug

I.e.

[MOVIES] [TV SHOWS] [VIDEOS]

if I change the movies to use a multiimage background, it would result in:

[D:\PICTURE'S PATH] [TV SHOWS] [VIDEOS]

EDIT: found the problem. xbmc.exe in 27556 itself is broken. Replacing it with xbmc.exe from 9.11 fixed the issue. I'd imagine a slightly newer build, but not 10.5 would fix the issue