Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Aeon65 1.0 (based on Hitched Mod) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [MOD] Aeon65 1.0 (based on Hitched Mod) (/showthread.php?tid=55600)

- pixdamix - 2010-07-06

mindweaver Wrote:don't forget this!
Already added.

mindweaver Wrote:and please add http://tillytech.se/script-XBMC-Subtitles-main.xml to 720 folder to get my skin for XBMC Subtitles (old OpenSubtitlesOSD) working Smile
The page cannot be found, your server is down ?

- mindweaver - 2010-07-06

pixdamix Wrote:Already added.

The page cannot be found, your server is down ?

Try it now! Smile

- pixdamix - 2010-07-06

mindweaver Wrote:Try it now! Smile

Commited !
Code:
* 65603fc (HEAD, origin/pix65, origin/HEAD, pix65) Added script-XBMC-Subtitles-main.xml

By the way it seems your script-XBMC-Subtitles-main.xml lacks the Subscene logo does it ?

- sergiocos - 2010-07-06

Home.xml should be edited. You have to replace
special://home/addons/script.recentlyadded/default.py
with
script.recentlyadded
to have recently added and library totals on home menu.

- pixdamix - 2010-07-06

sergiocos Wrote:Home.xml should be edited. You have to replace
special://home/addons/script.recentlyadded/default.py
with
script.recentlyadded
to have recently added and library totals on home menu.

Are you sure ? Someone told me it worked. Have you installed http://ftp.sunet.se/pub/multimedia/xbmc/addons/dharma-pre/script.recentlyadded/ ?

- sergiocos - 2010-07-06

not sure about recently added, but no library totals using your skin... until i did that replacement.
1.0.4, i have it, yes.

- pixdamix - 2010-07-06

sergiocos Wrote:not sure about recently added, but no library totals using your skin... until i did that replacement.
1.0.4, i have it, yes.

What isn't working exactly ? I'm ok to make the change I just wanted to know what isn't working. (It works perfectly on my machine)

- IceNine - 2010-07-06

@pixdamix

Firstly, let me say thanks for your efforts. I'm really glad to see this skin get some attention (not to disparage those who built it in the beginning, they obviously deserve props as well).

Now, I know a full El Zilcho about skinning. I'd like to learn, which I'm sure I will do eventually through trial and error, it's just a lot to learn from scratch.

I'm posting with an idea as far as the performance issues that seem to follow Aeon. I'm running it on an ASRock 330 and can say it's a little sluggish compared to some other skins and I have been working on my own box to get the most performance out of it as possible (converting multi-images from jpg to bmp, using DDS for fanart and posters etc.) and through my work with the DDS portion of XBMC, I came up with a thought on speeding up Aeon.

It may already be this way and I just don't know what I'm talking about (a severe possibility), but in my delving into the different folders in the Aeon skin, I noticed that most of them are in .png format already. I know that these images are then compressed in to the various .xpr files for the skin, and I don't know if they are converted to anything else when they are compressed. Based on my searches it looks like there isn't any way to look in these .xpr files or extract things from them if they are protected, and I'm just assuming they are.

Long post made short, I'm wondering if it would be possible to redo or recompress these files so that the textures in them are in DXT1 or DXT5 format, rather than PNG (if that's what they are in already, like I said I don't know what format they are in the .xpr file). If so, it could significantly speed up the loading and displaying of various textures in the skin. I know that the speed difference between normal jpg (.tbn) files and .dds files for fanart is huge.

I'm sure I'm rambling a bit here, but hopefully I got my question across ok. I'll keep looking into it on my own, I just didn't know if anyone out there knew the answer already.

- MarcosQui - 2010-07-06

Staff, good news, I managed to improve the problem of slowness of the Aeon, is quite simple and you even can change:

- Open the xml addon.xml which is inside the skin folder
- Change the following field:

effectslowdown = "0.75"

to

effectslowdown = "0.3"

You try to try other values, just say below that the skin flies but the effects are compromised.

Per hour is the solution.

Enjoy.

- iLLNESS - 2010-07-06

MarcosQui Wrote:Staff, good news, I managed to improve the problem of slowness of the Aeon, is quite simple and you even can change:

- Open the xml addon.xml which is inside the skin folder
- Change the following field:

effectslowdown = "0.75"

to

effectslowdown = "0.3"

You try to try other values, just say below that the skin flies but the effects are compromised.

Per hour is the solution.

Enjoy.

thanks! my default was 1.0 but changed it to 0.3 and reloaded xbmc and the aeon skin speed has improved quite a bit. it is very usable now.

- chanders - 2010-07-06

Wow, great news! If we can do this and adjust some of the textures as per IceNine this just might be the right way forward (along with the daily commits to git Big Grin)

- pixdamix - 2010-07-06

Repository updated:

Code:
* c00b55c (HEAD, origin/pix65, origin/HEAD, pix65) Added an icon for the addon
* 2043837 Reduced effectslowdown to 0.3 to speedup Aeon

- sergiocos - 2010-07-06

pixdamix Wrote:What isn't working exactly ? I'm ok to make the change I just wanted to know what isn't working. (It works perfectly on my machine)

Mindweaver posted here this workaround. However, using your skin, doesn't work for me. After that replacement is made, everything (Library totals and Recently added script) works. Maybe Mindweaver can explin wich way is better.

- chanders - 2010-07-06

I had to follow the same steps to get Recently added working with my virgin install of Aeon. I see from the git commit logs that 'Recently Added should be working now'. Was this the same patch by Mindweaver that was added? or was this some other method to get Recently added working again?

I've never used git to keep a working copy locally. I usually just download the entire Master from the github website. Can someone point me it the right direction on how to keep a local copy of the master branch locally and how to keep it updated? Thanks!

- pixdamix - 2010-07-06

Repository updated !

Code:
commit 6f597ada94d28ff0e6601347095f115cb14431e1
    Updated Home.xml to get recently added working for everybody
        - Thanks to chanders & sergiocos

If you want to reach me join #aeon65 on irc.freenode.org, I may anwser if I'm around a computer.