Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Home Theater Experience (Script) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Home Theater Experience (Script) (/showthread.php?tid=55628)

- Juanflaco - 2009-12-05

Nuka1195 Wrote:4. random trivia, mix in single slides (you MUST still keep your different slide types in separate folders) i have an idea and if it works it shouldn't be difficult.
Glad to hear you're up for enhancing the script. I'm not as concerned about the 5 minute slide timer, since you pointed out how easy it is to manually move to the next segment; but the ability to mix single slides in with the Q/A pairs would be awesome. Looking forward to seeing what you can put together!

- User 56649 - 2009-12-06

Juanflaco Wrote:how easy it is to manually move to the next segment
what button on a MCE remote would do this?
Thanks for taking the time to make single slides work!!Big Grin

- kiboy6 - 2009-12-06

Loving this script - thanks so much!

Two questions:

1.) If we select "Apple Movie Trailers" (Current) will the selection auto-update as new trailers are released at Apple?

2.) Does "Clear watch trailers" just un-mark any trailers that have been marked as watched? I hope so. Or does it make sure that any watched trailers are never shown again? - I hope not Wink

3.) Did anyone ever find any awesome "coming attractions" or "feature presentation" intro videos to share with the rest of us?

Thanks so much Smile - This script is really putting the final piece into my XBMC slickness Smile

- xm41907 - 2009-12-06

kiboy6 Wrote:3.) Did anyone ever find any awesome "coming attractions" or "feature presentation" intro videos to share with the rest of us?

I grabbed the AMC theater openers. Not great quality though. still searching for an HD version.

search youtube. there are a bunch.

- mccorkled - 2009-12-06

kiboy6 Wrote:Loving this script - thanks so much!

3.) Did anyone ever find any awesome "coming attractions" or "feature presentation" intro videos to share with the rest of us?

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=715166

heres mine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtXLvseOl3Q

- kiboy6 - 2009-12-09

Cool - thanks for the suggestions. Mcorkled, the DIY one is very cool - may just do that someday.

I grabbed a couple of nostalgia inducing Odeon ones from youtube that I remember from my youth. Very cool, but as you say DLing from Youtube is not very good quality....will stay on the lookout for a better source and will report back if successful of course Smile

Anyone have any idea about my Qs 1 and 2:
Quote:1.) If we select "Apple Movie Trailers" (Current) will the selection auto-update as new trailers are released at Apple?

2.) Does "Clear watch trailers" just un-mark any trailers that have been marked as watched? I hope so. Or does it make sure that any watched trailers are never shown again? - I hope not

And one more question - is there any way to suppress the dialog box that pops up after each trailer? I would rather just see a moment of black screen - would be more of a real theater experience.

(Not in front of my HTPC right now so can't remember exactly what the dialog says - something about opening the stream that has just played)

Thanks so much - absolutely loving this script!

- ijourneaux - 2009-12-09

Just installed this script from the SVN. This is a really fun add-in and helps make XBMC be even more impressive to show off. I am even using the procedures to create a customized HD intro. The intro should be completed in about 24-30 hours. Everything seems to work as it should.

I have read through the thread and still have a few questions that have already been raised.

1. I am using the Camelot Beta 1 build with the Transparency beta skin. If I understand correctly, Transparency supports the Home Theater script. Is there a way to simplify launching a move using Home Theater Experience? Right now I have to queue up a movie then go back to script and run HTE. Ideally you would just select the movie from the library and HTE would be used.

2. Kiboy6 asked the question about supressing the dialog boxes between trailers. If possible, that would really improve the experience. Not critical by any way but nice if possible.

I have to figure out how to get the context menu to come up using my remote (Hauppauge). Haven't had to use the context menu before now. Right now the only way I can get to the context menu is with the right mouse click. I have to take another look at the irremote.ini file and see what I need to do.

Keep up the great work.

- kiboy6 - 2009-12-09

ijourneaux Wrote:1. I am using the Camelot Beta 1 build with the Transparency beta skin. If I understand correctly, Transparency supports the Home Theater script. Is there a way to simplify launching a move using Home Theater Experience? Right now I have to queue up a movie then go back to script and run HTE. Ideally you would just select the movie from the library and HTE would be used.

You're in luck...transparency has this feature built in. From any movie's "info" screen you just have to select the little camera icon.
(You also have to enable "Home theater experience" script in the transparency skin settings). Enjoy!

- ijourneaux - 2009-12-09

Fantastic. I hadn't enabled the Home Theater Experience script in the skin settings.

My Home Theater introduction video should be finished rendering tonight so I can complete the experience. In my opinion, this really adds the extra wow factor.

- mccorkled - 2009-12-10

I know you dont like me much but I have some feature requests tha I think many people would like...

I bought these old drive in movies theater dvds off amazon and they contain old adds and stuff that played before moves. Here is 1 example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXK2yyjerro

anyhow, it would be cool if I could set it up to play in this order once I execute the script.

trivia (pictures)
old school drive in adds (video clips) 1 to 5 random clips

coming attractions (video clip)
random trailers (apple plugin)

feature presentation intro (video clip)
movie

can this be done? It would be awesome to have a full theater experience with all the old adds as well as some custom things Ive made. Thanks for reading this! hopefully youll consider my requests. Smile

I also realize some of these features have already been implemented.

- ijourneaux - 2009-12-10

I can't seem to locate where to enable the Home Theater Experience script in the transparency skin. I have the Beta version of the Transparency skin enabled. Is that perhaps the reason why?

Figured it out. Forgot about the menu off the screen on the left.

- ijourneaux - 2009-12-14

I am trying to follow the instructions on creating a custom Intro screen. The instructions seem to be quite clear. Unfortunately it isn't working as expected for me.

I am using the FOX Intro.blend file. I have edited for my info and completely rendered the movie. Everythings seems to work as expected. What I end up with though is a movie file that replays the same video 5-6 times lasting a total of 20 sec instead of one sequece 20 sec long.

I am in the process of trying again but it it isn't looking promising.

Any thoughts?

- mccorkled - 2009-12-15

turn off repeat. You did it right. The intro is only 20 sec.

anxious to hear what you think about my requests.

- mccorkled - 2009-12-16

Ive been thinking about my request and I would like to add to it.

trivia (pictures)
old school drive in adds (video clips) 1 to 5 random clips

coming attractions (video clip)
random trailers (apple plugin)

feature presentation intro (video clip)
movie

Intermission video or more trivia (optional if you want to watch 2 features)
movie (optional if you want to watch 2 features)

outro video/image.

maybe Im, asking for waaay too much but I think the few features that havent been added will really give a theater / drive in feel to any ones home entertainment.

- IsleOfMan - 2009-12-16

I've been playing with this script and have it working as it should be. So far it's really great, but right now I only have it pulling a couple of Apple trailers and a random "Dolby" or "DTS" video in place of a "Feature Presentation" clip.

I'd also be interested in a few more video categories as well... 4 - 5, each with the option of fixed file, playlist, or 1-5 randoms. With more categories would probably come the need for some flexibility in the order of each category.

The categories could remain unnamed or arbitrary, but my flow would be something like:

1.) 5-10min Trivia
2a.) "Coming Attractions" intro
2b.) 2-3 Random Apple trailers
3.) Random lobby/snack video
4.) Random Cartoon Short
5.) Random "Popular Science" Newsreel
6.) "Feature Presentation" intro
7.) Selected Movie

I'd be going for the '50s Movie Theater Saturday Matinée arrangement as opposed to the Drive-In arrangement.