Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Home Theater Experience (Script) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Home Theater Experience (Script) (/showthread.php?tid=55628)

- timdog82001 - 2010-01-01

Make a new folder, and inside that folder place two folders: "DTS" and "Dolby." Then place the videos in the appropriate folders and point the script to the folder that contains the two subfolders

- Nuka1195 - 2010-01-01

don't forget "Other", for non dolby/dts audio

- mccorkled - 2010-01-01

I have a good bit of THX videos in my pack that will probably work nice in the "Other" folder.

I put up samples and stuff in my thread on the main post. Its coming along nicely.

- ijourneaux - 2010-01-01

Thanks for the tip on the folder structure. I saw "Other" listed in the log and quessed that it would be there.

Everything is working. now with some test sound check video I have.

Anyone have any though on why When I launch Home Theater Experience from the Movie Information page, it end up playing the movie immediately after the one I selected? I am running 1.5.1b and an SVN build from a couple of days ago.

- mccorkled - 2010-01-01

it does that to me too... well actually it just jumps over 1 spot but it plays the movie i selected. At least on the old version. Ive been so busy with the goodies for it that I havent got to test it yet :\

- Nuka1195 - 2010-01-01

because the script now queues the video. so you need to remove the Action(Queue) from you videoinfo.xml file. after queuing it will move to the next, so that's why.

- ijourneaux - 2010-01-01

Deleting that line fixed the problem. Thanks

- v0lrath - 2010-01-02

Nuka1195 Wrote:yes, they work here. what are your ratings in the db

The ratings in my NFO files look like this:

<certification>USATongueG</certification>

My video files are name PG.mkv, etc.

- Boku - 2010-01-02

Hello All,
I have 3 quick and maybe dumb questions but first i would like to take a moment to thank all of you for this beautiful script. i have used and struggled with just about every meadia center front end out there from WMC to Medio(s) to Xlobby and never found such an seamless way to integrate trailers and intros as i found when i came here. Just about the most confusing thing i found was finding the intro icon on the movie information page Smile

Now i've only been using XBMC for a short time so forgive my ignorence. I'm using Ubuntu 9.10 NBR with XBMC 9.11 and the transparency theame.

1) I was searching around last night for a way to start this script from the XBMC remote on the Iphone but quickly became frustrated with the number of bogus results you get when you use the words "iphone"... can some one help with this?

2) Between trailer streams and intros there is a small status/progress window that pops up in the center of the screen for a fraction of a second. Is there a way to hide that pop up? It's quite distracting and it takes breaks the audience from the whole "home theater experience" if you will.

3) I noticed the option to start a script when HTX has finished and before the movie starts. i have Lutron IR panels set up around the room and currently use my harmony1000 to set scenes. Can someone point me to a reliable script that i can integrate with this one to use a usbuirt to control my lights.

Thanks in advance

- Nuka1195 - 2010-01-02

the videos need to have an .avi extension, was that not mentioned in this thread?

that's what the mpaa is in the db? USATongueG

if so. either rename your vidoes USATongueG.avi if ":" is legal for your filesystem or edit your db.

what media manager do you use?

- mccorkled - 2010-01-03

Hey Juanflaco:

You think once you get everything worked out, you can make another web of how things should be formatted as far as folder structure? That really helped me out and Im sure will help out many others if you did it for the entire script.

- kiboy6 - 2010-01-03

Nuka1195 Wrote:because the script now queues the video. so you need to remove the Action(Queue) from you videoinfo.xml file. after queuing it will move to the next, so that's why.

Sorry for the dumb question, but where do i find the videoinfo.xml that needs to be modified?

Thanks!

- Juanflaco - 2010-01-03

kiboy6 Wrote:Sorry for the dumb question, but where do i find the videoinfo.xml that needs to be modified?

Thanks!
It's in your skin resolution folder, something like C:\program files\xbmc\skin\confluence\720p

mccorkled Wrote:Hey Juanflaco:

You think once you get everything worked out, you can make another web of how things should be formatted as far as folder structure? That really helped me out and Im sure will help out many others if you did it for the entire script.
Sure, here's what I have so far. I'm not using slide ratings exactly as intended because I prefer to fine-tune the slideshow a bit. Rather than show everything up to a specified rating, I prefer to pick and choose a bit (so adult movie night won't show "G" slides.) I'm leveraging the rating system by including two "_Exclude" folders which each have a slide.xml file specifying an "R" rating and "N/A" for question, clue and answer. I just drop any slide folders I don't want to show into these directories before showtime. The rating probably isn't necessary, I suppose the slide.xml wouldn't match any slides anyhow. I use the "Misc" folder under intros for my blender animation, your "Coming Attractions" clip and any little snack bar videos. The "Audio" folder is the designated "Dolby/DTS" folder and it works exactly as intended, showing either a Dolby, DTS, or THX (other) intro before the movie, depending on the audio format.

Link to large image.

As you can see I haven't tinkered with the ratings videos yet, and the only functionality I'm using that isn't shown is a local directory for downloaded apple trailers. Boku mentioned seeing a dialog between trailers and intro clips; just as an FYI everything is seamless with locally stored trailers.

- kiboy6 - 2010-01-03

Juanflaco Wrote:It's in your skin resolution folder, something like C:\program files\xbmc\skin\confluence\720p

Ah, I couldn't find it because in Transparency the file is called DialogVideoInfo.xml. deleting the Action Queue line did fix the problem.

However, when I press the Home theater Experience button from the info page, the library display will still scroll to the next movie while the script loads.

This doesn't look that slick - anyway to avoid this behaviour?

Thanks Smile

(and any news on suppressing the dialog boxes between each trailer?)

- oo_void - 2010-01-03

Forgive me if I'm being dumb here, but I'm having a bit of trouble with trailers. Using http://blog.contriving.net/2009/12/26/apple-trailer-downloader/ and a naming convention that looks like 'thelovelybones_h480p-trailer.mov' I have all the current trailers local and the folders configured to point to proper location. Shouldn't I be able to utilize the DB genre / rating lookups along with local assets or is this an issue with the Apple Trailer Script and beyond the scope of HTE?