Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Home Theater Experience (Script) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Home Theater Experience (Script) (/showthread.php?tid=55628)

- Shuey - 2010-01-08

Everything you guys have been saying sounds good so far. One thing though: the areas that you referenced as "random", I'd like to have the option of choosing ALL my content, while leaving the option for "randomness" for users who want it. I have a lot of trailers already downloaded, as well as a handful of other videos I've been collecting for this script. I'd like to be able to insert anything at any section... if that's possible =\

Thanks for your consideration, and again for all your hard work. This script is something xbmc needed a few years ago Smile

- kurnalbert - 2010-01-08

Nuka1195 Wrote:kurnalburt the movie isn't being queued by the looks of the log. try running in another skin. transperency supports this.

it looks like your playing the movie before running the script. so might be a skin issue.

It doesn't appear to be a skin issue. I tried manually queuing the video and running the script in all of the skins I have, it did not work on any of them. Here is the log from manually queuing the video and running the script with the Transparency! skin:
http://pastebin.com/m63770e4a

Again, sorry for all of the help requests.

- mccorkled - 2010-01-08

Shuey Wrote:Everything you guys have been saying sounds good so far. One thing though: the areas that you referenced as "random", I'd like to have the option of choosing ALL my content, while leaving the option for "randomness" for users who want it. I have a lot of trailers already downloaded, as well as a handful of other videos I've been collecting for this script. I'd like to be able to insert anything at any section... if that's possible =\

Thanks for your consideration, and again for all your hard work. This script is something xbmc needed a few years ago Smile

there is an option to play upto 5 random videos. You want to play more then that for a single option? Sounds like your pre movie show will last hours.

- Nuka1195 - 2010-01-08

no more feature requests.

- Nuka1195 - 2010-01-08

kurnalburt try this. if it doesn't work, you'll have to wait. manually queuing a video does nothing as the script clears it anyways.

Quote:
[Home Theater Experience]

-changed: version -> 1.5.1c
-changed: delay longer after queue
-changed: reset watched trailers, resets all scrapers watched trailers
-changed: more log spamming

*see http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=55628

- kurnalbert - 2010-01-08

Nuka1195 Wrote:kurnalburt try this. if it doesn't work, you'll have to wait. manually queuing a video does nothing as the script clears it anyways.

Hi Nuka,

Thanks you for all of your help. The updated script still did not seem to work. What I did do though was go into your xbmcscript_player.py and remove the clear playlist line before the queue video line. After doing that it works completely fine. The button on the info window that I made has the clear playlist action on it anyway so the playlist gets cleared.

So it is all now working so thanks again for all of your help.

- Shuey - 2010-01-09

mccorkled Wrote:there is an option to play upto 5 random videos. You want to play more then that for a single option? Sounds like your pre movie show will last hours.

I think something is getting lost in translation with what I'm saying, sorry guys. I'm not saying I want to be able to view a whole slew of videos. I'm saying that your script, and the word you've all been using a lot, has been "random". When I see/hear the word random, I think "something that will just happen without any concern for what you actually want to happen".

Instead of having the option to play "1 random video", I was saying: "Does the option already exist to CHOOSE which video plays in that "1 random video" slot so that it's not ACTUALLY random? If so, then one of my feature requests is already completed Smile.

The other thing I was saying is that I'd like the ability to choose which "content" plays in sequence, with me being able to control the sequence. So many users will have different preferences of what they want to play, and in what order they want it to play.

One guy might want:

1. One trivia slide
2. One quote slide
3. One snack slide
4. Two random trailers
5. One chosen trailer
6. Intro video
7. Movie

While another guy might want something completely different.

I personally would love the option of being able to do one sequence one night, and then completely change it up and do something totally different another night.

If the script is setup where you're locked into ONLY being able to do things in a fixed sequence, that alone is limiting the script and its potential greatly. Throw in the feature of being stuck with ONLY being able to watch a random video, or no video at all, then that limits the script's potential even more.

Let me know what you guys think, and if there's features I don't know about.

Just trying to offer up my thoughts and excitement about this fantastic script. It's definitely my favorite script out of all the ones I've tested, with TWC script (another Nuka classic!) being my second favorite.

Thanks guys Smile

- timdog82001 - 2010-01-09

@Shuey, Yes, you can select a single video. It's in the toggle list, you can usually choose between 1 and 5 random videos from a folder, or a single video file or playlist. If you just want 1 video to play, you would just select the video file. If you want 5 (or any number) of specific, non random files to play in that slot, you could make a playlist to include these files, and then select the playlist m3u file in the script instead of the video file.

I agree some more flexibility in order would be nice as I mentioned earlier, though it's really not a big deal to me. Given the option I would likely rearrange a few things, but I'm not too worried about it. Though, an added benefit of adding that functionality is in actually knowing in precisely what order the files play when you're first getting to know the script. I had to experiment for a while with the script before I figured out which slots played in what order so that I could decide which videos to assign to which slots.

- Therms - 2010-01-09

Apple Trailer Downloader .2

It will download trailers from Apple for use with HTE (or for other reasons). This is useful if you don't want to try and stream 1080p trailers...you can download them from outside of XBMC and point HTE to the folder with the trailers.

Nuka: I added an option to build .nfo files. A sample .nfo file:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<movieinfo>
    <title>Cop Out</title>
    <runtime>2:20</runtime>
    <rating>Not yet rated</rating>
    <studio>Warner Bros. Pictures</studio>
    <releasedate>February 26, 2010</releasedate>
    <director>Kevin Smith</director>
    <description>Two longtime NYPD partners on the trail of a stolen, rare, mint-condition baseball card find themselves up against a merciless, memorabilia-obsessed gangster.  Jimmy (Bruce Willis) is the veteran detective whose missing collectible is his only hope to pay for his daughter's upcoming wedding, and Paul (Tracy Morgan) is his "partner-against-crime" whose preoccupation with his wife's alleged infidelity makes it hard for him to keep his eye on the ball.</description>
    <genre>Comedy</genre>
    <cast>Bruce Willis / Tracy Morgan / Adam Brody / Kevin Pollak / Guillermo Di?az / Seann William Scott / Jason Lee</cast>
</movieinfo>

- Nuka1195 - 2010-01-09

therms if you want you could add:

<quality>standard</quality> , where the values could be standard, 480p, 720p, 1080p. so i can filter on that also. otherwise should work.

that's one i forgot.

- Therms - 2010-01-09

Nuka1195 Wrote:therms if you want you could add:

<quality>standard</quality> , where the values could be standard, 480p, 720p, 1080p. so i can filter on that also. otherwise should work.

that's one i forgot.

Can do. Probably be Saturday night before it gets done, though.

- mccorkled - 2010-01-10

MEGA pack will be up tonight.

I tested it and everything ran great. The only problem I noticed was that what ever movie I picked, it goes over 2 movies and actually selects that one. Im sure it was discussed before but can I get some help? I tried to post a log but I couldnt figure out where it was stored nor could I copy and paste the log that I can see under the script options.

- User 55003 - 2010-01-11

mccorkled Wrote:The only problem I noticed was that what ever movie I picked, it goes over 2 movies and actually selects that one. Im sure it was discussed before but can I get some help?

Remove <onclick>Action(Queue,25)</onclick>
form your DialogVideoInfo.xml

- mccorkled - 2010-01-11

Thats what I thought. I thought I did that already too but Ill have to check Smile thanks Steve.

EDIT:

How can I generate a log? I still am having a few issues.

1. The ratings trailers arent playing. (I edited the .nfo to say "USA G" and I edited the rating video to "USA G.avi" and it doesnt work)

2. The Dolby and DTS trailers arent playing. (It says "Error: No Folder." Does this folder need to be named something in particular?

THANKS Nuka!!

- timdog82001 - 2010-01-12

Do you have a folder named "Dolby" and "DTS" and "Other" inside the audio folder?

and you can generate the log by going into xbmc system settings, if i remember correctly, and enable debug logging. It's a log of everything not just scripts, but i think it still logs all the relevant script stuff.