Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Home Theater Experience (Script) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Home Theater Experience (Script) (/showthread.php?tid=55628)

- nmt1978 - 2010-01-24

Does anyone have a step-by-step guide on how to configure and use this script for a newbi? This script is not a install-and-run kind?

- mccorkled - 2010-01-24

Once everything gets working right Im sure someone will come up with an instruction sheet. Until then.... have fun reading 49 pages. Tongue

- Shuey - 2010-01-24

nmt1978 Wrote:Does anyone have a step-by-step guide on how to configure and use this script for a newbi? This script is not a install-and-run kind?

Just my own personal opinion: I think this script is great when used to run a playlist of videos rather than trying to configure the script to run everything on its own. And the trivia portion is too restricted as is, so the playlist feature works even better for me because I can add my own single custom made trivia video to the playlist.

- dbldown768 - 2010-01-24

I have a problem with the trivia volume? It is always set at 50%. I see that this is the default value in the settings.xml file. I have changed the default to be 100%, but that didnt seem to work. I do not see this setting anywhere in the onscreen configuration menu of the script?

I should also add, i tried to change the settings.xml in the userdata folder (scripts_data) to 100%. Seems to not matter here as well.

If you are using Home Theater MEGA Pack and ratings and atrailers are not playing - steppedup - 2010-01-25

arrgh... This should be titled: If you are using Home Theater MEGA Pack and Ratings and Audio videos are not playing

First Big ups to Nuka! Second - almost a big ups to McCorkle (sp?)

How to fix the above problem?

1. Rename the Audio (Dolby, DTS, and Other) folder to just Audio.
2. Select this "Audio" folder in the script settings for the Dolby, etc folder.

This should get your Audio trailers playing at a bare minimum.

It also may get your ratings videos playing as well - I know it should have nothing to do with it, but my system was 'choking' on the Audio folder - and then skipping directly to the movie, bypassing Audio and Ratings detection entirely. Renamed the Audio folder and it began working immediately.

For some reason, XBMC see the folder name as "C:\Home Theater MegaPack 1.0\Audio ( "

If ratings still do not work, then open Media Companion (google XBMC media companion, available in the Announcements forum), and look at the "Cert:" field on the right-hand side of the movie's detail page.

It should say something like, "Rated R for strong violence and..."

Then, confirm your ratings videos are named :" Rated G.avi", "Rated NC-17.avi", etc.

Finally, open the .nfo file of your movie by right-clicking, and opening with notepad.

Find <mpaa>Rated PG-13 on appeal for crude sexual humor and drug references.</mpaa>

To conclude - to get the ratings videos to work you need the following:

1. Rating videos are named "Rated G.avi" (etc).
2. Your movie .nfo file must contain the <mpaa> </mpaa> rating. (You can also check to see if the rating is being picked up in XBMC by being in library mode and looking at one video.
3. If using McCorkle's awesome pack (thank you!), rename the audio folder to just "Audio".

Hope this helps!

Thank you - this DID work for me, with exact same problem - steppedup - 2010-01-25

dbldown768 Wrote:I have a problem with the trivia volume? It is always set at 50%. I see that this is the default value in the settings.xml file. I have changed the default to be 100%, but that didnt seem to work. I do not see this setting anywhere in the onscreen configuration menu of the script?

I should also add, i tried to change the settings.xml in the userdata folder (scripts_data) to 100%. Seems to not matter here as well.

Cheers!

- mccorkled - 2010-01-25

steppedup:

Thanks for that info about renaming the folder to just audio. I tried it and can confirm its working. How you ever figured that out is a mystery to me.

Secondly I have my ratings vids named "G.avi" and NOT "Rated G.avi"

My movie.nfo displays what yours does..

"<mpaa>Rated PG-13 on appeal for crude sexual humor and drug references.</mpaa>"

even with my ratings videos named to "PG.avi" they still work great.

1 Movie that doesnt play a rating video is "A Bug's Life" The .nfo says only "<mpaa>Rated G.</mpaa>

The rating video is titles "G.avi"

I dont know why it's not working.

Might have found the solution to the volume adjustment when trivia slide show starts. - steppedup - 2010-01-25

I may be wrong about this, but it would be easy to test out....

And it would explain why your solution worked for me not you - I've normalized all of my mp3's...

dbldown768 Wrote:I have a problem with the trivia volume? It is always set at 50%. I see that this is the default value in the settings.xml file. I have changed the default to be 100%, but that didnt seem to work. I do not see this setting anywhere in the onscreen configuration menu of the script?

If your mp3 file has some sort of volume setting set in it, it looks like the code turns the xbmc volume down based on it.

This is from (Windows 7), C:\Users\ (your name) \APPDATA\XBMC\scripts\Home Theater Experience\resources\lib\xbmcscript_trivia.py

def _start_slideshow_music( self ):
# did user set this preference
if ( self.settings[ "trivia_music_file" ] ):
# calculate the new volume
volume = self.current_volume * ( float( self.settings[ "trivia_music_volume" ] ) / 100 )
# set the volume percent of current volume
xbmc.executebuiltin( "XBMC.SetVolume(%d)" % ( volume, ) )

# play music
xbmc.Player( xbmc.PLAYLIST_MUSIC ).play( self.settings[ "trivia_music_file" ] )

You can test this by simply addingin #'s in front of the above lines, like below:

def _start_slideshow_music( self ):
# did user set this preference
#if ( self.settings[ "trivia_music_file" ] ):
# calculate the new volume
#volume = self.current_volume * ( float( self.settings[ "trivia_music_volume" ] ) / 100 )
# set the volume percent of current volume
# xbmc.executebuiltin( "XBMC.SetVolume(%d)" % ( volume, ) )

# play music
xbmc.Player( xbmc.PLAYLIST_MUSIC ).play( self.settings[ "trivia_music_file" ] )

I just did this to my system, and it didn't seem to break anything at the very least...so worth a try.

if your trivia slides are not working.... - steppedup - 2010-01-25

mccorkled Wrote:steppedup:

Thanks for that info about renaming the folder to just audio. I tried it and can confirm its working. How you ever figured that out is a mystery to me.

Secondly I have my ratings vids named "G.avi" and NOT "Rated G.avi"

My movie.nfo displays what yours does..

"<mpaa>Rated PG-13 on appeal for crude sexual humor and drug references.</mpaa>"

even with my ratings videos named to "PG.avi" they still work great.

1 Movie that doesnt play a rating video is "A Bug's Life" The .nfo says only "<mpaa>Rated G.</mpaa>

The rating video is titles "G.avi"

I dont know why it's not working.

I think I've got this whupped.

"A Bug's Life" as pulled from IMDB.com by the XBMC Media Companion is rated "U".

"U" as discussed in previous posts is not considered to be an issue, and therefore, xbmcscript_trivia.py is not designed to catch it.

Kudos to mssywork (sp?) for noticing this first - if correct, I'm just supplementing their work.

Quote:def _get_slides( self, paths ):
# reset folders list
folders = []
# mpaa ratings
mpaa_ratings = { "G": 0, "PG": 1, "PG-13": 2, "R": 3, "NC-17": 4, "--": 5, "": 6 }
# enumerate thru paths and fetch slides recursively

There's no "U" in the mpaa ratings.

So, I yanked out the code indicated by msswork....

And booya - no more problems.

Of course, that means rating doesn't work with the trivia questions, but I've got an easy solution for you.

Make two sets of folders - one for adults and one for adults & kids. Before running the script, just go in and set it to the right folder.

Sure, it uses some hard disk space, but since everyone who's using XBMC probably has terabytes of space for their movies anyway.....

For Nuka - the IMDB is a manually updated database. That means it's going to have all sorts of incorrect information all of the time.

What about adjusting the logic to checking for an mpaa rating match? If no match, then assume the slide is rated G - and can be used with all levels of movies.

Hope that helps....it worked for me....

I don't mean to spam - just finished up my XBMC/ HTE build and want to go enjoy it... - steppedup - 2010-01-25

So one last post...

nmt1978 Wrote:Does anyone have a step-by-step guide on how to configure and use this script for a newbi? This script is not a install-and-run kind?

Yes and no. I'm building one over at htpguide.info.

I just set up the "Trailer Nirvana" article here.

XBMC articles will be here.

Basically, I'm going to do lots of screenshots, and write it from a newbie perspective.

Hope it helps! (and the ad at the bottom is only slightly tongue in cheek).

- mccorkled - 2010-01-25

steppedup Wrote:I think I've got this whupped.

"A Bug's Life" as pulled from IMDB.com by the XBMC Media Companion is rated "U".

"U" as discussed in previous posts is not considered to be an issue, and therefore, xbmcscript_trivia.py is not designed to catch it.

Kudos to mssywork (sp?) for noticing this first - if correct, I'm just supplementing their work.

There's no "U" in the mpaa ratings.

So, I yanked out the code indicated by msswork....

And booya - no more problems.

Of course, that means rating doesn't work with the trivia questions, but I've got an easy solution for you.

Make two sets of folders - one for adults and one for adults & kids. Before running the script, just go in and set it to the right folder.

Sure, it uses some hard disk space, but since everyone who's using XBMC probably has terabytes of space for their movies anyway.....

For Nuka - the IMDB is a manually updated database. That means it's going to have all sorts of incorrect information all of the time.

What about adjusting the logic to checking for an mpaa rating match? If no match, then assume the slide is rated G - and can be used with all levels of movies.

Hope that helps....it worked for me....

I used Ember to scrape "A Bug's Life" from IMDB. It scraped the rating as "J"

I manually changed it to "Rated G" still not working. Do I need to edit the movie rating in the XBMC DB? IDK where that even is.

Havent heard from Nuka in a while. Wonder if he's been around checking up on us. Interested in if he's working on that newer version we all thought would be pretty cool.

Newbie guide put together - steppedup - 2010-01-26

Here it is. Covers from installation of XBMC to HTE install, HTE configuration, and HTE usage.

How to get Q&A slides working as well as trailers.

Specifically for Confluence skin...I should say, on Windows boxes.

- kiboy6 - 2010-01-26

Hi Steppedup - great work on your guides Smile

I was curious about one thing....on your instructions for using locally downloaded trailers, no 10 is tell HTE to "Select only unwatched Trailers".

I have posted a few times here, but have not heard back from anyone, to state that HTE does not seem to correctly apply "watched" status to my locally Downloaded trailers.

Is it working fine for you? If so I wonder if the .nfo files generated by the --htenfo parameter have anything to do with it? (I have no .nfos with my trailers and i also use the -r parameter to rename each trailer)

Thanks for any advice! Smile

Can't replicate already watched trailers replaying - steppedup - 2010-01-26

Hi kiboy6 -thanks for the kudos!

I haven't seen your issue on my system - and I just tried to break it.

In debug mode:

1. I copied 3 trailers into a separate folder (including the .nfo files). Reset the trailers watched back in the script. Watched all 3 videos.

Each video showed this,after it was played.

22:22:37 T:3964 M:488046592 DEBUG: CApplication::SaveFileState - Marking video item J:\Trailered\htrenfo\aliceinwonderland-tlr1_h720p-trailer.mov as watched

2. Added in one more trailer, with the total number of trailers to be watched set as 1. (So, there are 4 trailers in the folder, with 3 already having been watched.

The correct, unwatched trailer showed up.

Can you replicate a similar approach, and post the debug logs?

Not sure if I can find the issue, but I'll give it a whack....

Oh - and make sure to close and re-open XBMC after each change on the variation. This should reset the xbmc.log file.

Cheers!

- kiboy6 - 2010-01-26

Thanks for getting back to me Steppedup Smile

Well, there seems to be something a little screwy with my HTE script installation.

I did as you suggested and set HTE to play trailers from a test folder with only a few trailers in it.

Not only does it not seem to be setting any "watched status", but my whole XBMC hangs every second time I run the script. (I have to kill it with task manager)

Very strange....

Here's the debug log of me running HTE once, trailer not being marked as watched (I don't think) and then XBMC hanging when I try to start another movie with HTE :
http://pastebin.com/m29d08983

If you do have time to try and identify what's going on that would be super kind of you!

If it provides any clue, one other thing that is different is that HTE will now ONLY start playing clips via the button on a movies's info screen. Previously it would also start if i selected the script from the scripts menu and pressed "Enter".

Now if I do that, the "setting up playlist" window comes and goes and then nothing happens....Huh

Thanks so much again for any help!