Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] OpenSubtitles OSD (Script) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Subtitle Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=143)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] OpenSubtitles OSD (Script) (/showthread.php?tid=56083)

- yellowsnow - 2010-04-07

^Maybe it's a language issue. You sounded like you were questioning the value of the feature simply because you don't find a use for it. And I use torrents, so I need to share back whatever it is I download; JDownloader is a leeching tool.

- jurrabi - 2010-04-07

Ok, now I get it. But now it is you that judges me for using a tool.
Well I guess someones leech media and others leech software...

PS. Sorry to dirt the post. This'll be my last.

- mcborzu - 2010-04-08

Setting path on W7

Using both Alaska and T! where you navigate to the path but I cant see the hidden "Appdata" folder. And yes it's visible in windows explorer...How do you navigate to that directory in W7?

- yellowsnow - 2010-04-08

jurrabi Wrote:Ok, now I get it. But now it is you that judges me for using a tool.
Well I guess someones leech media and others leech software...

PS. Sorry to dirt the post. This'll be my last.

I didn't judge you. Jdownloader is a leeching tool. I used to use it myself until I found out that site admins as a whole hate it since it bypasses the controls they place on their sites. Using software is not the same as leeching it--you don't seem to have an understanding of what the word "leeching" means. If you take it to be connotative, that's your problem. The definition is taking without sharing back, and it is not applicable to downloading a piece of software such as XBMC (I assume this is what you're alluding to, but your English is poor and your attempt at allusion is as well), which is not set up for sharing either way. Again, your English is an impediment to effective communication. I don't attempt to judge others in Spanish, since I have not mastered it. You shouldn't attempt to judge other in English for the same reason.

However, you have obfuscated and distracted from my original post, which is that OpenSubtitles_OSD does not work with compressed files, which Sublight does.

- amet - 2010-04-08

Rar search has been fixed on svn version of the script which only works with the latest svn of XBMC. You havent included any info about your setup or any debug logs so that anyone can help more.

as for your discussion about downloading, please move it to the off-topic section of the forum.

- jurrabi - 2010-04-08

mcborzu Wrote:Setting path on W7

Using both Alaska and T! where you navigate to the path but I cant see the hidden "Appdata" folder. And yes it's visible in windows explorer...How do you navigate to that directory in W7?

2 Options there:

1. You can activate "Show hidden files and directories" in System->Appearance->File lists or

2. Assuming you have a pre addons version (rev<28764) usually when selecting scripts there is a scripts folder in the root of the selection screen for scripts (at the hard drives level).

- mcborzu - 2010-04-09

@jurrabi

thx, I went with option #1

Upload Subtitle - marcelbk - 2010-04-14

Hi Guys,
I would like to share a concern.
I've been used the Script and it's great, but, i have noticed that some of the subtitles it's not avaible so fast in OpenSubtitles/SubLight, etc. So I realized that everybody wants to get the subtitles, but nobody sends the subtitles to be shared. Then I was thinking if is not possible the script, besides of download the subtitles, to be able to upload it. It would be helpful.

Well, I've been some ideas of how make it work, but i think that when the movie/serie starts the Script could looking for the subtitles that is running and send it to OpenSubtitles, or create a log and do it after. Well it's just an idea.

Sorry by my english.

Marcelo

- jurrabi - 2010-04-14

I had the same idea. And I was thinking on going a little further...

I know that, at least, opensubtitles is open to receive updates easily (they even provide the python code). What will be needed is a way of maybe popping a dialog after the movie ends asking if the downloaded subtitle was fine for it, allow to rate it and maybe submit to the other sites.

And the final and great twist will be to allow small subs editing. Just for fixing when a comercial brake is not exactly the same in your episode that the one they made the subtitles for. In that way you can fix it and submit it as a sync one for the file you are using...

This is a nice project to upgrade opensubtitles... I'll be glad to study it if no one else can (and if I find time)...

- amet - 2010-04-14

Idea of uploading the subs has been discussed before, there was hardly any interest for it. I have asked anyone who would like to test it to contact me and no one did so I stopped the development for the lack of interest.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=411800#post411800

I got exactly zero request for the beta of the upload script Smile . I dont even think I have the version with the upload function in.

@jurrabi

PM me if you want to discuss it further

- hotlobster - 2010-04-21

Hi.

I've tested daily PVR-testing2 svn with latest Opensubtitles_OSD ( 1.60b ) as suggested, but it doesn't seems to work:

ERROR: Could not find addon: home/scripts/OpenSubtitles_OSD/default.py

Does it means pvr-testing2 is not up to date for this as in your previous post you say it works with trunk.

Thanks.

- amet - 2010-04-21

hotlobster Wrote:Hi.

I've tested daily PVR-testing2 svn with latest Opensubtitles_OSD ( 1.60b ) as suggested, but it doesn't seems to work:

ERROR: Could not find addon: home/scripts/OpenSubtitles_OSD/default.py

Does it means pvr-testing2 is not up to date for this as in your previous post you say it works with trunk.

Thanks.

it should work in pvr-testing2, manually edit guisettings.xml

replace
Code:
<setting type="string" name="Confluence.subtitlescript_path">special://home/scripts/OpenSubtitles_OSD/default.py</setting>
with
Code:
<setting type="string" name="Confluence.subtitlescript_path">com.xbmc.subtitles.script</setting>

ofc, the latest XBMC Subtitles branch should be in /home/addons

Ah it makes more sense like this.. Thanks.

I've changed as you said in guisettings,downloaded the trunk com.xbmc.subtitles.script , moved in .xbmc/addons folder.

Anyway, it stills doesn't find it :

DEBUG: ExecuteXBMCAction : To XBMC.RunScript(com.xbmc.subtitles.script)
ERROR: Could not find addon: com.xbmc.subtitles.script

pvr-testing2 rev is 29325 here.

- amet - 2010-04-21

not sure if pvr branch has the latest code, I can not test it now. I suggest you wait a bit until trunk is more stable and it will get merged to pvr branch

try variations like this:

"<setting type="string" name="Confluence.subtitlescript_path">special://home/addons/com.xbmc.subtitles.script/default.py</setting>"

and see if the XBMC Subtitles is enabled under Add-ons

Zeljko

My mistake. Huh

Didn't saw it added an entry in addon section now. Now i activated it it works ok.

Cheers.