Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] OpenSubtitles OSD (Script) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Subtitle Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=143)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] OpenSubtitles OSD (Script) (/showthread.php?tid=56083)

- vlaya - 2010-05-08

Here is my log, script works well with Sublight, but it returns 0 results with podnapisi. Tried many movies, it's always the same.

Code:
EDIT: debug log removed

- amet - 2010-05-08

vlaya Wrote:Here is my log, script works well with Sublight, but it returns 0 results with podnapisi. Tried many movies, it's always the same.

its a known problem on win, I cant reproduce it on Mac or win.

it has something to do with localization of your machine/XBMC.

- mrQQ - 2010-05-09

this is automatich search on OS, then selected Sublight to search in, then selected subtitle to download, and got error that it can't save the file:

Code:

- mrQQ - 2010-05-09

this is trying search in podnapisi, and not getting any results at all, stuck?

Code:

- mrQQ - 2010-05-09

13:55:23 T:4392 M:1460793344 NOTICE: ERROR: Error! search_subtitles:'lt'

this is the problem I guess. Deselecting Lithuanian in settings makes podnapisi return results. And downloading works aswell. So only Sublight fails to save the file.

- amet - 2010-05-09

do you have correct permisions to save to "T:\Storage\media\video\series\Farscape\Season 01"

please do not c/p debug log into a forum thread, use pastebin.com and post the link here. also, do not clip the debug log, post the whole one

- mrQQ - 2010-05-09

sorry, will know better next time.

Yes, I have permissions (and OS/podnapisi work fine, and save file without issues, it's just the Sublight which is acting). From looking at process monitor, there is some bug in processing the path for file, and it tries to save it into userdata folder, instead of correct path.

- mcborzu - 2010-05-10

Is there a how to or would you recommend a particular skin to look at for adding pre-merge support for the script...

Would it mostly be coping a particulars skin's script-XBMC-Subtitles-main.xml and the media images and change things up? Personally I don't use subtitles but anytime a skin is released the subtitle script is always a big request.

Thx for any replies...

- ronie - 2010-05-10

mcborzu Wrote:Personally I don't use subtitles but anytime a skin is released the subtitle script is always a big request.

basically all you need to do is add a button to the VideoOSD that will launch the script. nothing more, nothing less. :-)

on top of that you optionally can decide to add the skin part of the script to your skin as well. doing this gives you the option to make the script window have the same look and feel of your skin.

in order to do this, you'd have to copy both script-XBMC-Subtitles-main.xml as well as the images used by the script to your skin.

- mcborzu - 2010-05-10

thx as always Smile

- amet - 2010-05-10

@ronie
Thanks for the info Smile

@mcborzu

you dont need the service specific logos as those will be distributed with the script and activated as the service changes.

- sygyzy_nbr - 2010-05-10

I am using a XBMC Live install via a USB key plugged into an Acer AspireRevo. I recently upgraded (using the UI), to the latest version of OpenSubtitles_OSD. Then I started playing a movie and tried to load subtitles but something ran amuck. I ended up pressing the Home button on my remote and the screen showed the home screen with the OpenSubtitles overlay. Confused and annoyed, I SSH'd into the box and deleted the OpenSubtitles and OpenSubtitles_OSD folders under scripts, then I restarted the box.

I keep getting an error:

"Starting init crypto disks ..." then the screen flashes, goes black then displays the message again.

I downloaded the latest version of OpenSubtitles_OSD from the google repository and manually uploaded it into the scripts folder. No help.

Now my error is

Quote:Starting init crypto disk...
Reloading /etc/samba/smb/conf smbd only
Restarting Open BSD Secure Shell server [don't remember what else]

Anyone have any ideas how I can fix this? Thanks.

- amet - 2010-05-11

sygyzy_nbr Wrote:I am using a XBMC Live install via a USB key plugged into an Acer AspireRevo. I recently upgraded (using the UI), to the latest version of OpenSubtitles_OSD. Then I started playing a movie and tried to load subtitles but something ran amuck. I ended up pressing the Home button on my remote and the screen showed the home screen with the OpenSubtitles overlay. Confused and annoyed, I SSH'd into the box and deleted the OpenSubtitles and OpenSubtitles_OSD folders under scripts, then I restarted the box.

I keep getting an error:

"Starting init crypto disks ..." then the screen flashes, goes black then displays the message again.

I downloaded the latest version of OpenSubtitles_OSD from the google repository and manually uploaded it into the scripts folder. No help.

Now my error is

Anyone have any ideas how I can fix this? Thanks.

you can start by showing us your debug log, but I doubt its anything to do with the script

- mcborzu - 2010-05-13

One more...

Does pre-merge use
<onclick>XBMC.RunScript($INFO[Skin.String(SubtitleScript_Path)])</onclick>

And Post-merge use:
<onclick>RunScript($INFO[Skin.String(SubsScript_Path)])</onclick>

Or can I get away with just using one of those for both versions of XBMC...thx!

- ronie - 2010-05-13

mcborzu Wrote:One more...

Does pre-merge use
<onclick>XBMC.RunScript($INFO[Skin.String(SubtitleScript_Path)])</onclick>

And Post-merge use:
<onclick>RunScript($INFO[Skin.String(SubsScript_Path)])</onclick>

Or can I get away with just using one of those for both versions of XBMC...thx!

the first one is deprecated. not sure when it was dropped, but at least over a year ago:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=List_of_Built_In_Functions&diff=prev&oldid=11318

same goes for all other actions, there's no need for the 'XBMC.' prefix anymore.