Kodi Community Forum
Transparency! - v2.01 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Transparency! (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=115)
+----- Thread: Transparency! - v2.01 (/showthread.php?tid=57253)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

- grupy - 2009-09-10

rudeboyx Wrote:revision 22528
safe mode is disabled
also cdart dosent work any more.
again, this is probably an xbox only problem beacuse im sure someone would have mentioned that one

It could be due to your build as CDART is working on my XBOX fine.

You just have to make sure your music files are tagged properly according to XBMC in order to allow CDART to work properly.

- ronie - 2009-09-10

rudeboyx Wrote:revision 22528
safe mode is disabled
also cdart dosent work any more.
again, this is probably an xbox only problem beacuse im sure someone would have mentioned that one

do you have several versions of the skin installed ?
never caused me any issues, but someone mentioned before it was causing some issues with cdart ?

Debug Log would be needed to troubleshoot the cdart issue.

- grupy - 2009-09-10

ronie Wrote:only by editing Includes_Home.xml. there's a HorizontalMenu and a VerticalMenu defined in this file, you'll have to change the <label>foo</label> of the appropriate buttons in those sections.

I was actually thinking of changings Games label to UFC instead as I have a few UFC fights that I would rather look at instead.

Anyhow, I took a closer look at the Includes_Home.xml file and didnt see <label>Games</label>. I did a quick search for Games and found a bunch of instances of it, if I simply do a replace all of "games" with "ufc" will this work Huh

- ronie - 2009-09-10

grupy Wrote:I was actually thinking of changings Games label to UFC instead as I have a few UFC fights that I would rather look at instead.

Anyhow, I took a closer look at the Includes_Home.xml file and didnt see <label>Games</label>. I did a quick search for Games and found a bunch of instances of it, if I simply do a replace all of "games" with "ufc" will this work Huh

the skin will use numbers instead of text for labels.
those numbers refer to entries in the xbmc/skin language files, so they can be properly translated to every language.

but you can also use text if you want to, so yes <label>UFC</label> will work.

- grupy - 2009-09-11

ronie Wrote:the skin will use numbers instead of text for labels.
those numbers refer to entries in the xbmc/skin language files, so they can be properly translated to every language.

but you can also use text if you want to, so yes <label>UFC</label> will work.

CAn you pls tell me what number references games? And what language file for English do I need to change as based upon your description, I could essentially just change the single instance in the language file from Game to UFC and this would be alot smoother and easier than trying to change multiple spots within the Includes_Home.xml file.

Hope I made some sense.

- ronie - 2009-09-11

grupy Wrote:CAn you pls tell me what number references games?

i don't know by head and it doesn't make sense to let me do all the work when you can easily look it up yourself. ;-P

- grupy - 2009-09-11

ronie Wrote:i don't know by head and it doesn't make sense to let me do all the work when you can easily look it up yourself. ;-P

I definitely can do this and dont mean to bug you for doing all the work.No Ill take a look at the files and see which ones store the language files and references the numbers you mention.

- lkraav - 2009-09-11

i customize shutdown menu, remove shutdown, restart, hibernate, suspend buttons. when i press S to display shutdown menu, the default option is still shown as Shutdown, except no button is actually selected. pressing left/right then selects and display correct button name. i am not sure what would happen if i just pressed select on no-button-shown Shutdown, i dont want to shut the server down. is this a bug or feature?

- stokedfish - 2009-09-11

Holy crap this skin looks *so* good! Shocked

- ronie - 2009-09-11

lkraav Wrote:i customize shutdown menu, remove shutdown, restart, hibernate, suspend buttons. when i press S to display shutdown menu, the default option is still shown as Shutdown, except no button is actually selected. pressing left/right then selects and display correct button name. i am not sure what would happen if i just pressed select on no-button-shown Shutdown, i dont want to shut the server down. is this a bug or feature?

not sure what to call it ;-)
i'll see if i can improve things as things might be a bit confusing when you remove the shutdown button.

- Derek - 2009-09-11

I noticed this too, but its not new with v2 it used to happen in 1.x also. always defaults to shutdown even when the button dosent exist Big Grin

- nicoli_k - 2009-09-11

You can make the shutdown menu default to whatever button you choose by altering Transparency!/720p/DialogButtonMenu.xml

Change the value between <defaultcontrol always="true"></defaultcontrol> to whatever button you want. I have the value at 10 so that it brings up the File Manager.

You can find the button id above each button:
<control type="button" id="22"> is above ProfileLogOff so you'd use 22 inside defaultcontrol tags if you want it be the default button lit up when you call the shutdown menu.

- Derek - 2009-09-11

nicoli_k Wrote:You can make the shutdown menu default to whatever button you choose by altering Transparency!/720p/DialogButtonMenu.xml

Change the value between <defaultcontrol always="true"></defaultcontrol> to whatever button you want. I have the value at 10 so that it brings up the File Manager.

You can find the button id above each button:
<control type="button" id="22"> is above ProfileLogOff so you'd use 22 inside defaultcontrol tags if you want it be the default button lit up when you call the shutdown menu.

Thanks, it wasnt really bothering me just thought i'd confirm i'd noticed it, i'll try this tonight tho! Big Grin

- anoobie - 2009-09-12

Awesome skin!!! Any plan for a view with extrathumbs?

- ronie - 2009-09-12

anoobie Wrote:Awesome skin!!! Any plan for a view with extrathumbs?

lot's of plans, but little time.
in case you want to get your hands dirty, you're more than welcome too. ;-)