Kodi Community Forum
User experiences so far with the dx builds of xbmc - share them here.. - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: User experiences so far with the dx builds of xbmc - share them here.. (/showthread.php?tid=57681)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

- kricker - 2009-10-06

I wanted to have the window be exactly 1280x720 instead of trying to guess by manually dragging it out. I'd forgotten you can add things into advancedsetting.xml from the guisettings.xml. My original post has been changed to reflect this, thanks to spiff for kindly reminding me Wink

- spiff - 2009-10-06

kricker no worries. and it's not really a big problem but you can easily loose those settings if you say, resize the window by "accident" in xbmc. mostly for the record since it's a general thing that if you want to override guisettings you copy them to advanced.

as for position it's a todo as clearly indicated - these things take time to implement, no matter what impression you might have Wink

- automated - 2009-10-07

automated Wrote:Anyone got it to work with ATI and Vista32 yet?

I just updated to the latest DX build (23458) and video is now working.

I'm using the Rapier skin, and when I start music with the vis in the background it stalls, I've disable the vis and its working fine.

XBMC starts in a window every time, so I have to go to settings and flick it to windowed and back to full screen and then it works perfectly.

DX build is much faster navigating, and some videos that didn't play well before play much better now ie 1080p x264.

Big Grin

- ezhik - 2009-10-07

In my experience these builds are just getting better and better, thanks for the work being put in. Last nights build 23493dx, (yes DX with ATI and W7!), is just running so well. Resolution is correct, and best of all I can now pause and fast forward the BBC IPlayer, this is great bonus and makes it a fantastic plugin for those of us in the UK, (or able to make it look like we are).

In fact I now use XMBC and IPlayer by choice to watch BBC (both live TV and catchup), instead of the Freeview tuner I've got attached to my main PC in the study.

The only issue I'm getting is a tendency for XBMC to stop responding every once in a while, (never mid stream playing any video, just occasionally when hitting the stop button, or just after starting the app.), on both my HTPC and main PC, but it's a small price to pay, and I'm sure the day will come when it stops doing this.

Really pleased with these builds now.

- Dan1el - 2009-10-08

Smile

- Hitcher - 2009-10-08

kricker Wrote:Changeset 23455
Save the window size on resize. Position is still not saved.
Posting new builds now. Should be up in ~20 minutes.

Edit advancedsettings.xml by adding
Code:
<window>
        <height>xxx</height>
        <width>xxx</width>
    </window>
Change to whatever size you want the window to be. Save and restart XBMC in windowed mode. Enjoy Wink

Thanks jmarshall.
Works great but I wonder if we could get an entry in the advancedsettings.xml for fullscreen width and height for those of us that want to run XBMC in a higher resolution to the desktop.

ie
Code:
<fullscreen>
        <height>xxx</height>
        <width>xxx</width>
    </fullscreen>

- kricker - 2009-10-08

I guess you missed spiff's post after mine Wink. My original has been altered for using advanced settings.

- Hitcher - 2009-10-08

That's what I used - what I'm on about is when launching in fullscreen because, at the moment, it'll only use your desktop resolution but I have my desktop at 1280x720 whereas I want to run XBMC at 1920x1080.

- jmarshall - 2009-10-09

No, it's not supported, and is a completely different system.

I have to chat with other win32 devs as to how we want to handle that.

- Hitcher - 2009-10-09

Thanks.

- ezhik - 2009-10-09

Hitcher Wrote:That's what I used - what I'm on about is when launching in fullscreen because, at the moment, it'll only use your desktop resolution but I have my desktop at 1280x720 whereas I want to run XBMC at 1920x1080.
If your looking for a solution to that now then Powerstrip is worth looking at. You can set it up to change the desktop resolution when a certain application is run, XBMC in this case, and return back to the previous resolution when it closes.

Edit: I just tested this to be sure it actually worked, (I've seen the options in the application profile before but didn't consider using it), and it seamlessly switches resolution as I open and close XBMC. I think I might keep my HTPC setup this way, its easier on the eyes when not using XBMC and sat several feet away from my telly.

- Dullie - 2009-10-10

A couple of things I noticed with the new DX builds..

There are no more issues with aspect ratio.. Smile

But I am having some lipsync issues with Digital sound bitstreamed to my receiver.. Moves I tried with are stored on my server.. Can anyone confirm lipsync being perfect for brief moments, then being of..?

- Dan1el - 2009-10-10

Smile

- HexusOdy - 2009-10-10

Hi Guys.

I'm using 23535-dx, my first attemp at using one of the DX builds. I tested it on my server rig today and all way great so I just put it on my Nettop that I use for streaming and decoding and I'm getting tearing.

The Nettop has Intel VGA, and there's a tonne of threads on the boards about tearing in Intel. CapNBry made a patch a long while back that fixed it in the GL version but it seems to be there again in DX.

Edit

Tried the GL version of same revision and there isn't any tearing. I'm guessing CapNbry's patch to fix the tearing was GL specific and a revision of it is needed for DX. But what do I know

- automated - 2009-10-11

Dullie Wrote:A couple of things I noticed with the new DX builds..

There are no more issues with aspect ratio.. Smile

But I am having some lipsync issues with Digital sound bitstreamed to my receiver.. Moves I tried with are stored on my server.. Can anyone confirm lipsync being perfect for brief moments, then being of..?

I'm having a fair few sync problems with some files, not dolby digital though, just regular 350mb tv shows.