Kodi Community Forum
User experiences so far with the dx builds of xbmc - share them here.. - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: User experiences so far with the dx builds of xbmc - share them here.. (/showthread.php?tid=57681)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

- buntsbergh - 2009-10-14

I also have serious tearing issues:

Build 23436_dx
XP SP3
Intel Core 2 Duo T7500, 2.2 GHz 4MB L2 Cache 800MHz FSB
2 GB RAM 667MHz
nVidia 8600M GT
nVidia Driver 169.28 (Tried various 17x.x and 18x.x drivers)
HDMI out to Pioneer 50'' Plasma 720p

fiddlin' with vsync (XMBC and Driver) doesn't change much.

- tungmeister - 2009-10-14

i don't know if this is specific to the directx builds or not but for ages i've had only a 10% or so chance of xbmc loading without crashing when i have library update on startup enabled.

- azido - 2009-10-14

hm..

23658 GL removes the black bar on top issue for my ati setup (ATI 3650 on TV) so now it's fully usable for me. No tearing at all under Win7.

vsync is set to its default state (let driver choose) and in ati CCC i've set it to be always on.

- paco - 2009-10-14

The DX versions are looking good. I love the fact that they work seamlessly with Aero in Windows 7. The only thing I'm missing at the moment is ProjectM (Milkdrop). Speaking of Milkdrop, isn't it possible to port the old Xbox version? That release was DirectX IIRC.

- Rescuer - 2009-10-14

hello.

I have a p5q-em which uses intel G45 chipset, and have been spending the last few days trying to get openGL to stop using the microsoft version with my windows 7 v7600.

I'm very frustrated after spending so many continuous hours messing with it! Smile

*edit
I just found the thread with the directX downloads and it finally works! now i get to spend all day configuring/testing Smile

cheers

- bobbydavro - 2009-10-14

totally new to xbmc on pc so apologies if I'm in the wrong place etc.

installed latest DX version and also Rapier 2.0 skin, all seems working bar some tweaks.

Got some tearing for one, nothing horrendous but noticable...ATI Radeon HD 4670 over HDMI

whats the difference between DX and GL, ie should I be using GL?

Im also getting an issue where I have a horrible blue windows title bar at the top of xbmc. I can get rid of it if I change to windowed mode and then back to full screen 1080p mode then it go's.

- stoli - 2009-10-14

Rescuer Wrote:hello.

I have a p5q-em which uses intel G45 chipset, and have been spending the last few days trying to get openGL to stop using the microsoft version with my windows 7 v7600.

I'm very frustrated after spending so many continuous hours messing with it! Smile

Sorry for off topic, but here are your drivers

Glad to hear the dx builds are working fore someone else!

Music Fanart not working - paul - 2009-10-14

Has anyone else noticed fanart for music not working with Rev23658-gl with Temmis Aeon mod.(or any other Aeon Mod)
They worked ok in my previous install which was Rev23253-dx This i have reinstalled and has fixed the problem. Hopefully it will be fixed soon in the GL builds as they work better on my setup.

- Rescuer - 2009-10-14

stoli Wrote:Sorry for off topic, but here are your drivers

Glad to hear the dx builds are working fore someone else!

I already tried all drivers hehe. I followed another thread that had the "microsoft openGL drivers" issue Smile

no matter what drivers I used, the openGL.dll was still not updating.

so then I saw talk about a directX version of xmbc, and found the thread with the releases Smile

and it works!

- yunti - 2009-10-14

tungmeister Wrote:i don't know if this is specific to the directx builds or not but for ages i've had only a 10% or so chance of xbmc loading without crashing when i have library update on startup enabled.

I have exactly the same problem. It's also a problem with the last pre dx build though (SVN 22516). I can temporarily solve it by deleting the database but the issue tends to come back.

- azido - 2009-10-14

paul Wrote:Has anyone else noticed fanart for music not working with Rev23658-gl with Temmis Aeon mod.(or any other Aeon Mod)
They worked ok in my previous install which was Rev23253-dx This i have reinstalled and has fixed the problem. Hopefully it will be fixed soon in the GL builds as they work better on my setup.

using the same revision, there is no trouble here with music fanart, even the one dopped into album folder is shown at song level. i'm using aeon showmix.

but i found out if you're using discogs as your music scraper, you cannot change artist thumb. 23658 GL simply freezes while trying that. it works without a problem when scraper is set to allmusic, though.

- Dudu.exe - 2009-10-15

HexusOdy Wrote:Whats the Video card in the machine with Tearing?

radeon 9550 ( yep, old, but was allways enoth to 720p )

p4 3ghz HT (yep, crap, but was allways enought to 720p)

never had tearing problem, just some dropred frames, now the droped frames are gone but the tearing came in!

- paul - 2009-10-15

azido Wrote:using the same revision, there is no trouble here with music fanart, even the one dopped into album folder is shown at song level. i'm using aeon showmix.

but i found out if you're using discogs as your music scraper, you cannot change artist thumb. 23658 GL simply freezes while trying that. it works without a problem when scraper is set to allmusic, though.
Thanks for the reply. I have not tried it with Showcase as i found it too slow and faffy to use for my likeing(though it looks great) I will try another revision in a week or so to see if the problem persists, but for now it's working much better than it was a few months ago even though i still get the black bars on either side of the screen with the dx builds but not with the Gl Builds....Huh

- Snorefingers - 2009-10-15

Yo quick question, whenever I continue a paused video it only plays in slow motion and without sound, any of you have the same problem?

- KOROR - 2009-10-15

I've just installed the lastest build of XBMC, but when trying to launch the program errors due to D3DX9_41.dll missing, I tried searcing here and found out other people had encountered the same problem, but they fixed it by installing DirectX 9c, so I tried doing the same, but couldn't because my DirectX was newer, so I ran dxdiag and found our I'm running DirectX 10, so shouldn't XBMC be working for me? Can anyone figure out what i can do to fix this?