Kodi Community Forum
User experiences so far with the dx builds of xbmc - share them here.. - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: User experiences so far with the dx builds of xbmc - share them here.. (/showthread.php?tid=57681)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

- junk - 2009-11-09

azido Wrote:did not try it since jonathan invented <fakefullscreen> setting though. maybe it's gone now, but should be appearing on the camelot alpha as that is an earlier build. also it might be only appearing to users with a 2 screen setup like me.. dunno.

I'm running the alpha, so I can't tell if it's fixed in SVN. I am also running on 2 screens, but the first is not active (I have disabled it in nVidia Control Panel). Both are however connected, and nVidia Control Panel finds them both.

- azido - 2009-11-09

junk Wrote:I'm running the alpha, so I can't tell if it's fixed in SVN. I am also running on 2 screens, but the first is not active (I have disabled it in nVidia Control Panel). Both are however connected, and nVidia Control Panel finds them both.

so in the end it drops framerate even if the focus changes to an app on the same screen, right?
actually if you look fast enough, you can see its down to 0,2 (naturally) when minimized, but then on my tv it should go up to 60fps again when restored, which it doesn't.

- WiSo - 2009-11-09

azido Wrote:btw: nice to see you're doing tests on win7. obviously the question if xbmc will support it has been answered Wink
At least this makes testing easier Big Grin
Problem is not all features available can be used or XP won't be supported anymore.

- azido - 2009-11-09

WiSo Wrote:At least this makes testing easier Big Grin
Problem is not all features available can be used or XP won't be supported anymore.

like? dx 10/11 based?
what about fallbacks?

or builds based on the target platform..

speaking of this i would love to see milkdrop 2 in xbmc, so i could run martin's visualisations.. they are stunning Wink

- WiSo - 2009-11-09

azido Wrote:like? dx 10/11 based?
what about fallbacks?
or builds based on the target platform..
That would be to much effort and would clutter the source with more ifdefs. Think just of some API functions which aren't supported on XP. IIRC we had some similar issues on win2000 as well.

azido Wrote:speaking of this i would love to see milkdrop 2 in xbmc, so i could run martin's visualisations.. they are stunning Wink
Present me the source code (which should be open source) and I'll see what I can do Nod

- azido - 2009-11-10

WiSo Wrote:Present me the source code (which should be open source) and I'll see what I can do Nod

damned.. looks like it only comes prebuilt and bundled to winamp.

- AzzX - 2009-11-10

ProjectM 2 looks like the best current open source visualisation: http://sourceforge.net/projects/projectm/files/

- WiSo - 2009-11-10

projectM 1.2 is already in svn but it's OpenGL only.

- azido - 2009-11-10

does that mean martin's visualisations will still not run on it?

- cgmark - 2009-11-10

azido Wrote:so in the end it drops framerate even if the focus changes to an app on the same screen, right?
actually if you look fast enough, you can see its down to 0,2 (naturally) when minimized, but then on my tv it should go up to 60fps again when restored, which it doesn't.

That is the same issue I am having. I first noticed it when using an external player, MPC-Home Cinema. Then I tried it with just the native xbmc directx rendering and it is fine unless I minimize the application, after that it constantly drops frames when playing.

Using Windows 7 and Camelot build.

- dleach - 2009-11-10

nvaia Wrote:Anyone else having trouble with the video playback (black screen) in the 9.11 alpha build, while the audio is in perfect working order?

My problem is similar. I have a Dell Latitude D800 laptop with an NVidia Geforce 4200 video. I installed the 9.11 alpha build and when I watch videos I can hear the sound correctly but the video screen is white?

I made sure all drivers were current to no avail.

I then uninstalled the alpha and installed the Babylon release and that seems to be working. Tried searching for this problem but haven't seen it commented on yet. I admit that my laptop is old but...

- kiboy6 - 2009-11-10

I experienced something similar...I think the key is to make sure the directx and Microsoft C++ are installed before running the XBMC installer. (links for both of those at xbmc.org home page)

I uninstalled XBMC, did the above, and then reinstalled and that problem went away Smile

- azido - 2009-11-10

kiboy6 Wrote:I experienced something similar...I think the key is to make sure the directx and Microsoft C++ are installed before running the XBMC installer. (links for both of those at xbmc.org home page)

I uninstalled XBMC, did the above, and then reinstalled and that problem went away Smile

dxwebsetup and vc++ 2008 redistributables will be included in the next official version of xbmc (as they are already in recent svns) and executed by default (dx can't be unselected, vc redist can be unselected if not needed like having vc++ 2008 already installed), so there is no need to do anything extra in the future.

- dleach - 2009-11-10

Okay, I uninstalled the stable version and reinstalled the alpha and I still get the white screen on the video.

- nvaia - 2009-11-12

I solved my problem by uninstalling xbmc and deleting the user data folder. Then I reinstalled xbmc 9.11 Alpha and updated to the newest build. Everything is working now...Thank you to all those who gave suggestions and personal experiences with the problem.